CONTEST Day 3: 2019 THP Holiday Cheer - Win the Golden Ticket

If I had to choose just one...it would be Titleist. Their wedges have been my go to for anything inside 100 yards. They invoke a sense of confidence out of any clubs I grab in my bag. :D

Last edited:
I have to say Cobra is my favorite plan because it’s the brand of irons I was gifted! haha, I do love my F9 driver and fairway wood though. This winter I will actually be taking my first lessons and saving up to get a set of irons fitted and recommended for my swing and I’m very excited for this experience! If anyone has any thought on the process I’d love to hear your guys input!

Hit it hard
Please check over the first post. Each year Holiday Cheer runs for a full week, but one day of that series of contests is for Albatross Club Members only (its in the first post). The club is open to anybody and helps support a great charity. If you would like your entry to count, please signup for the club before winners are announced later this week.

I would have to say Taylormade. I have great success with dealing with them and their equipment is topnotch.

If you looked at my bag now, you would see something from every major manufacturer, except Mizuno(?). I try and get what fits me best and what performs best for my swing and ability, however, if I had to pick one that stood out it would be Callaway because of the CF16 irons which were game changers for me. :)

Today we are continuing the 2019 THP Holiday Cheer Event, the annual contest that is the celebration of the THP online community. Ten years ago, we hosted our first Holiday Cheer, and it was a contest unlike any other and this year the week long event continues with amazing prizes.

2019 THP Holiday Cheer will continue to run for the entire week with a new prize every single day. Today is a special contest for 2020 Albatross Club Members and is a good one.
View attachment 8918496
The Prize
The elusive golden ticket. This one is good for any THP Experience that is coming in 2020 that comes with a full bag of clubs. There will be quite a few and this ticket let's you skip the line and get automatic entry. In the past couple of years, brands like Cobra, Callaway, Srixon, Ben Hogan and others have held events where a full bag of clubs is part of the entry fee and they are always a tough task to get into. There are costs associated with these THP Experiences, but we guarantee the gear and golf far outweigh them.

Qualifying
THP Experiences are about making the impossible, possible. Your ticket to enter these amazing opportunities is the 2020 Albatross Club membership which goes to help a wonderful charity benefitting children. For more information on that or to sign up and help support this great cause, click here.

How to Enter
Entering is super easy and all you have to do is follow these 3 steps.

1. In a comment below, tell us your favorite brand and why they are your favorite?

2. After making the post, smile.

3. Then peruse the forum and engage in some fun conversation.

That is it. Later this week we will announce the winner and it could be you.

Don't forget to check back every single day as this is THP Holiday Cheer and a new contest is right around the corner.

anything to do with Callaway, Odyssey, Toulon, OGIO Everything Inc. with the name Callaway,Their culture and their personalities that I met at TheGrandaddy Just really knocked my socks off, they know how to treat people, and what the right thing to do is. Plus they have some pretty spectacular equipment. Good luck to all. Give you 2 :) 1576082598123.jpeg

Gotta go with Callaway/Odyssey. Being apart of the Odyssey Experience and meeting the guys behind some of the products and the company gave me a new level of appreciation for the brand. Not to mention I switched over all of my equipment from Ping to them after the experience and success I had trying it out. They are truly a class act!

Huge fan of all things Callaway right now. From the clubs that are top to bottom amazing and what they are doing in apparel and gear.

Even better behind that is some of the genuinely nicest people I’ve met, just great all around.

?

1. callaway is my favorite followed very closely by cobra. i have a set of callaway steelheads and they are great....very forgiving and they hit the ball high and far. i, also, just received a net set of cobra forged tec and they are amazing...probably for a better golfer then me but still probably my favorite club i have ever tried.

2. :);):LOL::ROFLMAO:

this should be a fun thread to follow and get in some banter with my fellow THP'ers

Well, they aren’t holding an event - but I’m a PXG guy. In addition to loving my 0311 XF Gen2 irons, I love that PXG offers huge discounts to former and active military and first responders. As a former Marine that really means a lot to me! I do love my Rogue Hybrids though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
always wanted to try them but they are a bit pricey. wish they would have some kind of local "try them out" session near me

Ben Hogan is my favorite brand for a few reasons. The Ben Hogan Experience. They make a high quality product that is made to my exact specs and at an unbelievably good price. The continued engagement from the team at Ben Hogan. What else can you ask for from a company great product, price and customer service!

Well my favorite brand would have to be Cobra, I'm playing between a set of Tommy armour forged atomics and Titleist 962's. I have a fly z Cobra driver and that thing is a beast. So I think I definitely would like to upgrade to a badass set of cobras with definitely a upgrade on the driver.

Today we are continuing the 2019 THP Holiday Cheer Event, the annual contest that is the celebration of the THP online community. Ten years ago, we hosted our first Holiday Cheer, and it was a contest unlike any other and this year the week long event continues with amazing prizes.

2019 THP Holiday Cheer will continue to run for the entire week with a new prize every single day. Today is a special contest for 2020 Albatross Club Members and is a good one.
View attachment 8918496
The Prize
The elusive golden ticket. This one is good for any THP Experience that is coming in 2020 that comes with a full bag of clubs. There will be quite a few and this ticket let's you skip the line and get automatic entry. In the past couple of years, brands like Cobra, Callaway, Srixon, Ben Hogan and others have held events where a full bag of clubs is part of the entry fee and they are always a tough task to get into. There are costs associated with these THP Experiences, but we guarantee the gear and golf far outweigh them.

Qualifying
THP Experiences are about making the impossible, possible. Your ticket to enter these amazing opportunities is the 2020 Albatross Club membership which goes to help a wonderful charity benefitting children. For more information on that or to sign up and help support this great cause, click here.

How to Enter
Entering is super easy and all you have to do is follow these 3 steps.

1. In a comment below, tell us your favorite brand and why they are your favorite?

2. After making the post, smile.

3. Then peruse the forum and engage in some fun conversation.

That is it. Later this week we will announce the winner and it could be you.

Don't forget to check back every single day as this is THP Holiday Cheer and a new contest is right around the corner.
My favorite golf brand doesn't make equipment but is Erik Anders Lang's Random Golf Club program. They seem to be in the unique position of trying to expand the availability of golf and get more people to play the game.

Well my favorite brand would have to be Cobra, I'm playing between a set of Tommy armour forged atomics and Titleist 962's. I have a fly z Cobra driver and that thing is a beast. So I think I definitely would like to upgrade to a badass set of cobras with definitely a upgrade on the driver.

Please check over the first post. Each year Holiday Cheer runs for a full week, but one day of that series of contests is for Albatross Club Members only (its in the first post). The club is open to anybody and helps support a great charity. If you would like your entry to count, please signup for the club before winners are announced later this week.

My favorite golf brand doesn't make equipment but is Erik Anders Lang's Random Golf Club program. They seem to be in the unique position of trying to expand the availability of golf and get more people to play the game.

My favorite brand is Callaway.

This came to be via use and testing of various clubs. Callaway makes a fine product that just flat works for me.

:)

I play a very mixed bag and have loved a lot of different companies over the years but what has stood out to me is the love from Callaway to the people of this forum and golfers around the world. They don’t have to do what they do, they just do it because they thinks it’s cool! The clubs are phenomenal(apex 19 smoke black irons in my bag which is a Ogio). If I were to get a driver today it would be the EF SZ.
They went above and beyond for us at the THP Championship and I can’t thank them enough of how great they are.

Ever since starting a One Length run over a year ago Cobra has been my favorite brand. With all of the new equipment they have brought out since at an attractive price point I just don't see that changing.

Good luck everyone!!:)

I would say that my favorite brand is Callaway. When it comes to tech they are always ahead of the curve and the people behind the brand is what pushes them over the top for me

I have played a number of OEMs in the last ten years. Ping, Callaway, Wilson Staff, Taylormade, Titleist, Cleveland.

But my favorite as of this moment is Cobra. From top to bottom, the Cobra clubs I have in my bag have each been the best clubs I have ever played (with perhaps the exception of the wedges, which are up there but are probably second to my RTX 3s). Not only are they the best peforming clubs I have every played, they also rank no. 1 in value. And each year they keep getting better.

:cool:

*engaging in conversation on THP*

I like the consistency and quality of the Titleist brand. Top Notch! :)

:callaway:
I've had lots of brands in my bag during my tenure in THP. And they all performed well for my ability so saying one is a favorite based solely on play is not possible. The winner for me is Callaway due to the event that just concluded. They do not have to host The Grandaddy each year but they do it for us anyway. All of the major golf companies have sponsored THP events in the past but Callaway took it a step further. And for this they are my favorite company.

So hard to choose but right now it is Callaway. Most of my bag. Love the looks and feel of how I hit them. Love this place.:twist:

What do you like about Srixon balls? I tried a free box I won and ended up giving them away because I lost 15 yards on my drive with them
It was the exact opposite for me. I gained 10-12 yds off the tee and the ball didn't spin too much on my full wedge shots like the chrome soft did.
I went from the chrome soft to the srixon z star xv

Ever since starting a One Length run over a year ago Cobra has been my favorite brand. With all of the new equipment they have brought out since at an attractive price point I just don't see that changing.

Good luck everyone!!:)
my brother recently bought a set of those and he loves them....that is something i will definitely look into more for my next iron purchase.

my brother recently bought a set of those and he loves them....that is something i will definitely look into more for my next iron purchase.
So far I'm a fan, I would say though I think it is important to get these fitted, maybe moreso than even variable length clubs.

Back