DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always heard it like this: The 2nd happiest day in a boat owner's life is the day they bought a boat. The Happiest day in a boat owner's life is the day they sold the boat.
Tomato ... tomAtoe. You got the idea.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Since I am not going to be able to make the outing next weekend, I am playing this Sunday. (going to the boat show in Annapolis on Saturday) Wondering if anyone else would like to play to Sunday for a tune-up round?? Not too picky on the course but if no one else wants to join in, I will most likely go to Raspberry Falls. I have a good rapport with them.

I'm glad it's not this weekend. Temps on the 50s. 

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Playing Saturday morning up in York - gonna be on the brisk side! Probably have an opening or 2 if anyone wants in!

Playing Saturday morning up in York - gonna be on the brisk side! Probably have an opening or 2 if anyone wants in!
I posted this I think a year or two ago in a thread about the best time of year in your area to golf I gave an example of what each month from Jan to Dec in this area was like. here are two months that I gave as opposihow we feel about the changing of the seasons

March: You get a call from your buddy in a very excited tone of voice, "Hey it's going to be 50 degrees !! tomorrow, you wanna get out and play?

November: You call the same buddy in kind of reserved tone: "Hey, you wanna play tomorrow?" His Reply "Hell No!!!! It's only going to be 50 degrees!!

All a matter of perspective...ha

I posted this I think a year or two ago in a thread about the best time of year in your area to golf I gave an example of what each month from Jan to Dec in this area was like. here are two months that I gave as opposihow we feel about the changing of the seasons

March: You get a call from your buddy in a very excited tone of voice, "Hey it's going to be 50 degrees !! tomorrow, you wanna get out and play?

November: You call the same buddy in kind of reserved tone: "Hey, you wanna play tomorrow?" His Reply "Hell No!!!! It's only going to be 50 degrees!!

This is spot on.

I see no one is jumping at the opportunity to play this Sunday :bad:

Truth!

Played as a solo at Waverly Woods. Gpt around in just under 2.5 hours and shot 83 with two lost balls.

Man I miss that course, solid holes all the way around.

Played as a solo at Waverly Woods. Gpt around in just under 2.5 hours and shot 83 with two lost balls.
Great choice. I haven't played that course at all this year..

Post via Taptalk

So true. Some can even get your lunch if your not careful. Course is in great shape too. Maintenance guys were out this morning filling in divots on par tee boxes.

That course sometimes wreaks havoc on me because my krypton is downhill & sidehill / ball below my feet lies, and seem to find them ALOT on this course for some reason!

That course sometimes wreaks havoc on me because my krypton is downhill & sidehill / ball below my feet lies, and seem to find them ALOT on this course for some reason!

Had a few of those today. One caused a lost ball others stopped chance at par. A couple bad swings really, good thing was I was able to drop another to see if I could do better which of course the second guy is always better. I still used first ball for score

Got in some practice this afternoon at my country club! Honing the short game down. Will take tomorrow off and then play Sunday. Hitting the ball well. We shall see. Confidence is the first hurdle anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Man I can't wait for next weekend, I am so looking forward to getting out there again, it's been far too long since playing with THP'rs

Man I can't wait for next weekend, I am so looking forward to getting out there again, it's been far too long since playing with THP'rs
Really looking forward to meeting you buddy.

Love me some Waverly.
Man I miss that course, solid holes all the way around.
I remember how you and I talked about we were probably both playing it at the same time back in the day. Looking forward to Whiskey Creek next weekend.

I love how this thread has so much activity, so awesome. I just wish I could play next weekend with you guys but I know it will be a blast for all.

Love me some Waverly.

I remember how you and I talked about we were probably both playing it at the same time back in the day. Looking forward to Whiskey Creek next weekend.

I know, it's going to be a blast. Can't wait to meet you guys.

I love how this thread has so much activity, so awesome. I just wish I could play next weekend with you guys but I know it will be a blast for all.
And to think you started it all. Big thanks.

I was just telling MD Golf Hacker yesterday how I really wish you were able to make it.

He said he remembers when his kids were your kids age, it was almost impossible for him to get out.

Hopefully we'll have a lot of pics and maybe a few periscooes for you.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

October 25th, Whiskey Creek.

T2GRN18
LeeB
CAA_Beat
EMART
G$$$
Molten
UVAWahoo
JohnSinVA
TroutBum
MizunoFan
Bigball
Motoo
MDGOLFHACKER
DiveGuy
SonOfOdin

Let me know who em else wants in. We may change courses, but I'll let you know.

Edit: I'll keep this updated, and quote when necessary.

Current rate is $105, I will call and see what they can do for a group rate. No promises

Tee times

10:03
MDGOLFHACKER
CAA_Beat
JohnSinVa
Mizunofan

10:12
Trout Bum
EMART
UVAWahoo
Motoo

10:21
Molten
G$$$
BIGBALL
DiveGuy

10:30
T2GRN18
LeeB
SonOfOdin

Likely going out as two foursomes and two threesomes. Threesomes may get a single added in by the course.

If you have a request let me know ASAP.

that fills us up at 16. If you're not going to make it I need to know NLT 20 October.

Unfortunately Tadashi had to drop this trip, Client cancelled....so we're back to 15. I have till Friday Morning to update the course of our group size. If you know someone that wants in let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back