DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are up for playing hospital hallway putting I'll join you guys :)

let me know. i should be able to squeeze a round in.

let me know. i should be able to squeeze a round in.

E, I'm sure you meant with Freddie and Kevin..ha

Although putting through a bunch of people on crutches and angry nurses, could be a pretty daunting putting challenge. Not to mention Stimp speeds of 30 LOL

E, I'm sure you meant with Freddie and Kevin..ha

Although putting through a bunch of people on crutches and angry nurses, could be a pretty daunting putting challenge. Not to mention Stimp speeds of 30 LOL

it was for both invites. I think I might have a better chance at hospital hallway golf.

Potomac Shores is highlighted in the October golf magazine...pages 104-105.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Potomac Shores is highlighted in the October golf magazine...pages 104-105.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I saw that. Looks like it will have to wait until next spring for me.

Of course we'll work it out where and when dude

If you guys have an opening and don't mind a guy with a banged up shoulder playing, I'd love to join you! Maybe Musket Kev?

I'm in.

If you guys have an opening and don't mind a guy with a banged up shoulder playing, I'd love to join you! Maybe Musket Kev?

I've got to see what FK schedule looks like and where he'll be. I'll post something as soon as we have details.

Anyone playing this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon? I need to get my golf fix in before next week when work will take up ALL my time.

Anyone playing this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon? I need to get my golf fix in before next week when work will take up ALL my time.
Man I wish but work is dominating my life right now I can only hope that the wife let's me play golf on the weekends. Can hardly get my THP fix any more but such is life.

Played this afternoon at VA Oaks. Let me tell you... That course has gone to s*it! Tee boxes are horrible, some are gone ... Spotty fairways ... The only thing I think they do is cut the greens. No wonder its only $25 to play. They should be paying US to play there. I won't be back. I'm glad I backed out of a tournament there a while back.

Played this afternoon at VA Oaks. Let me tell you... That course has gone to s*it! Tee boxes are horrible, some are gone ... Spotty fairways ... The only thing I think they do is cut the greens. No wonder its only $25 to play. They should be paying US to play there. I won't be back. I'm glad I backed out of a tournament there a while back.

I think I posted a month or so ago about that and what was going on there. It's a shame 10 years ago it was a fantastic course.

I played River Marsh yesterday with some buds. For me, I played 16 of the 18 holes rather well. But as it seem to always be the case, I doubled 9 and 17. Damm, I hate those holes.

I am probably my in the minority that 17 while visually intimidating isn't a round wrecker.

Just take 2 more clubs be happy with bogey and get out..easy right..hA

9 is a beast. Anything less than a long drive and it become a par 5

I am probably my in the minority that 17 while visually intimidating isn't a round wrecker.

Just take 2 more clubs be happy with bogey and get out..easy right..hA

9 is a beast. Anything less than a long drive and it become a par 5

Its difficult to use 2 more clubs when one is hitting driver as it is. It seems water gives me two problems, number 17 at the River Marsh and an apparent ever growing prostate.

Be sure to let me know how things are going with your knee replacements and let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Its difficult to use 2 more clubs when one is hitting driver as it is. It seems water gives me two problems, number 17 at the River Marsh and an apparent ever growing prostate.

Be sure to let me know how things are going with your knee replacements and let me know if I can be of any help to you.

The part about driver made me laugh a lot.

Thanks for the offer, I'll certainly let you know.

I played River Marsh yesterday with some buds. For me, I played 16 of the 18 holes rather well. But as it seem to always be the case, I doubled 9 and 17. Damm, I hate those holes.

Never played the course but I heard it's beautiful.

So I am playing Lodestone tomorrow afternoon... 48 degrees with 15mph, and it will be wet from the a.m rain. I got this!! ( or maybe not! )

So I am playing Lodestone tomorrow afternoon... 48 degrees with 15mph, and it will be wet from the a.m rain. I got this!! ( or maybe not! )
Sounds like a blast....I think :)

Sounds like a blast....I think :)

Yea.. have to hit punch shots to keep it under the wind, but will get no roll because it is wet. Just a hunch, but the course may play a tad bit longer? :beat-up:

That's well below my minimum temperature he specially with that type of wind.

Yea.. have to hit punch shots to keep it under the wind, but will get no roll because it is wet. Just a hunch, but the course may play a tad bit longer? :beat-up:

Just a tad. Those conditions will make for an interesting round. enjoy.

Where is that course? I've never heard of it, is it a nice one?

McHenry Md. Near Deep Creek Lake in Western Md. I know a few guys who have played it and said it was as good a golf course as they had ever played. It also doesn't hurt that I love mountain type golf courses!

Hey Trout..good to see you pop in our neighborhood. You'll have to come up sometime next year when we get a group of us together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back