DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am playing Lodestone tomorrow afternoon... 48 degrees with 15mph, and it will be wet from the a.m rain. I got this!! ( or maybe not! )

Please report back! I'm trying to get there before the end of the season

I'll be up on the 18th. Setting up a round for that afternoon. T2green will set up course and time.

Hey Trout..good to see you pop in our neighborhood. You'll have to come up sometime next year when we get a group of us together.

I'll be up for thanksgiving, I'm going to try and play while I'm up.

Queenstown? Bulle?

Well work it bro! Closer to the date

I'll be up on the 18th. Setting up a round for that afternoon. T2green will set up course and time.

I think I can swing that day and time.

I'll be up for thanksgiving, I'm going to try and play while I'm up.

We'll I won't be able to play but is I'm free I'll come out and tend the flag for you guys.

What area you coming to?

We need more south VA people to play down here. I wish we had a group like this one!

We need more south VA people to play down here. I wish we had a group like this one!

Might have to swing down your way and hook up. It's been awhile since I been down that way. Miss being down that way after living in Va Beach for 8 mos and visiting very other week for almost a year.

Might have to swing down your way and hook up. It's been awhile since I been down that way. Miss being down that way after living in Va Beach for 8 mos and visiting very other week for almost a year.
well if you do, count me in for a round or 2.

well if you do, count me in for a round or 2.

Bugman I'm coming your way for 2 weeks starting on the 15th of October. I'm hoping to play whenever I can except for Sunday mornings.

My flight are booked. I land at 11am on sat the 18th.

My wife has to work that day so I have the kids, I'd love to join you two for a round.

Darn it. Wife & I have company in town so I can't play that day, otherwise I'd be down. Hope you guys get on somewhere good!

Bugman I'm coming your way for 2 weeks starting on the 15th of October. I'm hoping to play whenever I can except for Sunday mornings.

I'll actually be in VB too at the end of the month to visit family. They're backyard is at the Honey Bee par 3 over water, I think it's 13 or 16. Lots of stray balls in the yard haha.

We'll I won't be able to play but is I'm free I'll come out and tend the flag for you guys.

What area you coming to?

Ill be in Bowie and Bmore, I'm going to spend a day fishing the gunpowder and a day golfing, my wife is visiting her girl friends lol so I'll have plenty of free time with mine. Thursday is family day though. Man I feel for you getting both done.

As it gets closer we'll talk more.

I'm looking into taking advantage of the fall lessons package at East Potomac. Its super close to my house and one of the only heated ranges around.

Anyone have any recommendations for which instructor to consider over there? It seems like a great deal.

Ill be in Bowie and Bmore, I'm going to spend a day fishing the gunpowder and a day golfing, my wife is visiting her girl friends lol so I'll have plenty of free time with mine. Thursday is family day though. Man I feel for you getting both done.

As it gets closer we'll talk more.
Sounds good, I'm only 20 minutes or so from Bowie. You're going to be right in Kevin's backyard as well.

When it gets closer I can give you some suggestions on courses depending on when you're playing.

I like how this sounds!

Rocky Point in Baltimore actually has a shotgun outing every Thanksgiving morning. Missed it last year for the first time in 10 years!

Rocky Point in Baltimore actually has a shotgun outing every Thanksgiving morning. Missed it last year for the first time in 10 years!
I think a lot of courses do that. I played in one at Timbers at Troy a few years ago was supposed to go off by 8:30 and be done by 1:00. An hour and half frost delay had everyone bailing on like the 13th and 14th hole throughout the course. It was pretty funny to see.

I had gotten the OK to play, but if I wasn't home by 2:30 the car for dinner was leaving without me...missing the ride wouldn't have been the biggest problem, dealing with the after affect would have been :)

Please report back! I'm trying to get there before the end of the season

Absolutely a must play! We played in brutal conditions ( 41', 20+ mph winds, actually got sleet and snow at some points ) but it was absolutely worth it. The views are just unreal. I forget which # it is, but there is a dead downhill par 5 on the back that from the tee you are looking right at Deep Creek Lake in the background. I have a picture on my cell I can send ( just PM me ) that doesn't do it justice. Huge greens, pretty wide fairways, lots of bunkers - and the best tee boxes I probably have ever played on.
We played Fantasy Valley ( used to be Wisp ) in the a.m. and it was very nice - probably the most consistently narrow fairways I have played! But the greens there were immaculate as well. I keep myself in pretty good shape for a 48 year old guy, but by the time I was done the 2nd round, I was spent. Lodestone was cart path only that day, and with it being full of hills & slopes, it made it tough. I play from the whites, but we actually moved up a tee box because of the conditions - and it is a 128 slope from there! I don't think I warmed up until I was 3/4 of the way back to Baltimore!
Only downside to the whole day is that somewhere along the line I did something to the back of my hand and it is really swollen and painful. My wife the PT thinks it's tendon damage, so I am getting it checked out tonight. I hope it isn't serious ( I really want to play on the 18th! ) but I'd be lying if I said I'm not worried.

Looks like rain in the late morning/early afternoon around Annapolis area. Anyone playing tomorrow early in the morning, i was thinking of going to either Blue Mash or Timbers

Playing Royal New Kent down near Richmond Monday with a buddy. We have a 2 pm tee time and it's a 2 hour drive from Alexandria. We're open to trying to leave early to squeeze in an extra round but I'm struggling to find anything asking the way that:
A. that won't break the bank
B. Looks interesting/fun

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back