DC MD VA Area Chat

Ooh a shiny new area thread. Already signed up for a round this Sunday with some of my regular group, but looking forward to some better weather!
South Riding? :unsure:

What's up everyone, it's been a minute.

Played RNK recently and thought of you guys. It was in great shape.

Also played independence which I haven't played in a really long time, and that was in excellent shape.

Hope ya'll are doing well. Talk to you in another 1.5 years

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am wondering why we don't have some chesterfield/central VA golfers in this thread since there are a lot of 'em around. :cool:

I am wondering why we don't have some chesterfield/central VA golfers in this thread since there are a lot of 'em around. :cool:
I'm always in here feeling the same way

What's up everyone, it's been a minute.

Played RNK recently and thought of you guys. It was in great shape.

Also played independence which I haven't played in a really long time, and that was in excellent shape.

Hope ya'll are doing well. Talk to you in another 1.5 years

Where have you been hiding??

Where have you been hiding??
Work. Work. Work.

My life is consumed by work. Funny thing is, I'm not complaining. I love my job.

Work. Work. Work.

My life is consumed by work. Funny thing is, I'm not complaining. I love my job.

Glad to see you still kicking around. Let’s try to carve out some time and get a loop in somewhere 👍

Beautiful day! 15836829003997487527963661080170.jpg

Staying in Alexandria, VA next weekend and looking to play a round Saturday morning if anyone is interested in playing. Have a tee time booked at stonewall for just myself right now, but I’d be happy to cancel it to play with some others.

Staying in Alexandria, VA next weekend and looking to play a round Saturday morning if anyone is interested in playing. Have a tee time booked at stonewall for just myself right now, but I’d be happy to cancel it to play with some others.

Kind of a late notice, I didn't see this until now but @JohnSinVA and I are playing tomorrow morning at 9 am. It's probably a hike for you but it's called Shenandoah Valley GC
Www.shenandoahvalleygolfclub.com

Anyone playi...I mean...working from home in the RVA area this week?

I played Royal New Kent today. A little soggy but otherwise in good shape. Greens are very fast and pure. So I am a member of the VSGA VIP program. For Royal New Kent normally $75 during the week. With the VIP was $25. Only once....but I played two weeks ago and did same then...The guy at counter knew I was there and used it but rang me up for $25 anyway.....Was nice to see about 50 cars in lot. Place has been having very little play.

Kind of a late notice, I didn't see this until now but @JohnSinVA and I are playing tomorrow morning at 9 am. It's probably a hike for you but it's called Shenandoah Valley GC
Www.shenandoahvalleygolfclub.com

Just now seeing this. That Friday I ended up driving down to Williamsburg and playing Golden Horseshoe Gold Course. It was fantastic for the time of year. Saturday I ended up playing Bulle Rock, which was quite disappointing, but I understand they can’t control the weather, and the greens had just not had enough time to heal from last aeration yet. Thanks for the offer though. Supposed to come back out that way at the end of July, though who knows if it will happen with the way things are right now.

Just now seeing this. That Friday I ended up driving down to Williamsburg and playing Golden Horseshoe Gold Course. It was fantastic for the time of year. Saturday I ended up playing Bulle Rock, which was quite disappointing, but I understand they can’t control the weather, and the greens had just not had enough time to heal from last aeration yet. Thanks for the offer though. Supposed to come back out that way at the end of July, though who knows if it will happen with the way things are right now.

Yeah the last time I played Bulle, it was in horrible shape. especially for the hype it got. I was disappointed and haven't been back since

The Richmond public courses had more people than usual playing today.

Everyone was out today. I played 18 and was done by Noon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hunting Hawk had 200 players on the tee sheet on Friday and Saturday. That's with top dressed greens and pool noodles in the holes. Cabin fever.

Joined Dominion Club yesterday. If anyone is looking to get in, they have an INCREDIBLE discount on the initiation fee right now.

So I was able to retrieve my car before all of this blew up. Unfortunately, I had to turn and burn so I wasn't able to stay around for a round.

All of you all stay safe up there.

It is funny that some courses are crowded and others are not. When looking at tee times for yesterday, most area courses were crowded.

We played Chesdin Saturday and pretty much had the course to ourselves - only saw about 6-8 other golfers playing. It was my first time getting two birdies so that made the day so much better. I was on quite a few more greens than normal but missed a few putts that cost me some strokes.

Yesterday played at my local course and it was nice to see more kids out, some with parents, some not, and seeing a few more ladies playing. Of course some of the younger boys do more horsing around than actual playing, but still better than sitting in the house texting all day.

This would probably be a good time for some of the golf courses to promote the game, but the local course here does no promotion much at all. They don't even update their web page.

Busier then usual at my home course yesterday. Wasn’t too bad until we went to make the turn. Instead we went back to 1 and played 27 haha

Maryland and PA courses are closed, so I know if I wanted to get out and golf I would be coming down to Virginia. I am sure that is contributing to the crowds at your courses in VA.

Back