Did the Below the Belt workout yesterday, I think it is my new favorite. Great workout on the legs, and I need to get strong in the glutes/quads/hamstrings and this has some really fun moves that are super challenging. Doing a bonus workout today then I will be finished with week 8.

Is it all body weight or are there weights involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with yoga, you is the weights

All body weight. Only thing you really need to do the program is a yoga mat and a heart rate monitor. I use my apple watch but I don't think it is super accurate but good enough. The beauty of the moves is there are several variations that can be easy or harder depending on your level. I think that is yoga in general but I had very little previous experience with it so I am enjoying it.

Apologies if a thread is already up...on tapatalk and I didnt see one...

But man day one of DDP yoga just kicked my butt. I can feel the benefits will defo be in flexibility but also my back already feels better after one session.

Excited for day 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used to do Hot yoga 3-5 days a week. It's one of the best exercises you can do in my opinion.

Glad you like it Ottawaclo I will have to give ddp a look.

Mancest which set of Dvds did you get?

I used to do Hot yoga 3-5 days a week. It's one of the best exercises you can do in my opinion.

Glad you like it Ottawaclo I will have to give ddp a look.

Mancest which set of Dvds did you get?

Just saw this, I have what I think is the basic set EDIT, it is now called the PACK 1 EDIT, it has 2 dvds and the following workouts: Diamond Dozen/Energy/Fat Burner/Red Hot Core and on the 2nd disc Below the Belt/Red Hot core/Diamond Cutter.

If I was going to buy now it would probably be the max pack.

At some point I plan to get add on if I can. The double black diamond is not something I need yet, but hope to in the somewhat near future.

I've looked in to this a few different times. Roger, would you consider this to be worth the money? I've used some YouTube videos before for yoga but wouldn't mind a program like this.

I've looked in to this a few different times. Roger, would you consider this to be worth the money? I've used some YouTube videos before for yoga but wouldn't mind a program like this.

For me it has been as I have been doing it 3-4 times a week for almost 9 weeks after dabbling with it in the past. If you are regularly working out already I am not sure if it is but for me personally it has given me a program to follow and I can do it at home so no excuse to skip a workout.

For I think $60 that I paid and the fact that I have quit my gym the last couple months it has paid for it self plus getting me working out it is totally worth it.

I can’t say it is any better or worse than some other at home workouts but I think it is a really good option for someone who is out of shape and wants something they can grow into so to speak. I think it can be ratcheted up to be pretty intense for this already in good shape but I think that involves buying the bigger set that has some of the harder/longer workouts.

For me it has been as I have been doing it 3-4 times a week for almost 9 weeks after dabbling with it in the past. If you are regularly working out already I am not sure if it is but for me personally it has given me a program to follow and I can do it at home so no excuse to skip a workout.

For I think $60 that I paid and the fact that I have quit my gym the last couple months it has paid for it self plus getting me working out it is totally worth it.

I can’t say it is any better or worse than some other at home workouts but I think it is a really good option for someone who is out of shape and wants something they can grow into so to speak. I think it can be ratcheted up to be pretty intense for this already in good shape but I think that involves buying the bigger set that has some of the harder/longer workouts.

Are you seeing a big difference in strength or flexibility?

Are you seeing a big difference in strength or flexibility?

Feeling a lot stronger in the core, flexibility has improved in the calves and hips most, but I still would not say I am flexible. Long way to go to get there but definite progress.

He was on Shark Tank a few years with the videos. None of the Sharks bit. But I don't think he cared - I think he was looking for the free TV exposure.

I have 2 workouts left in week 12 (maybe 3 if I do the optional workout saturday after I golf) and I really feel like it is paying off in a lot of ways. My balance is better, which is giving me more consistency in my ball striking and a bit more distance. My core is noticeably stronger and seeing improved flexibility in my hamstrings. Still a lot more work to go, but I am thinking I will finish the beginner program next week (week 13) then jump into the advanced program week 2 the following week.

As I am 84% or so done with the beginner program I would say if you are someone who feels out of shape and wants something you can do at home at your own pace this is definitely something to check out. Low to no impact, easy to follow workout plan that progresses nicely.

As I get into the advanced program I will report back on how I think someone who is in decent shape (that might still be giving myself a pretty big benefit of the doubt) does on a more rigorous version. Basically the difference is going 4-5 days a week instead of 3-4 days a week and starting with the longer/more strenuous workouts earlier in the program.

Good stuff Roger. I started back up on yoga this week just using YouTube videos and wish I had a good program to follow. I just have a hard time spending money on it when I can find these videos for free, but having a program laid out might be worth it.

I have 2 workouts left in week 12 (maybe 3 if I do the optional workout saturday after I golf) and I really feel like it is paying off in a lot of ways. My balance is better, which is giving me more consistency in my ball striking and a bit more distance. My core is noticeably stronger and seeing improved flexibility in my hamstrings. Still a lot more work to go, but I am thinking I will finish the beginner program next week (week 13) then jump into the advanced program week 2 the following week.

As I am 84% or so done with the beginner program I would say if you are someone who feels out of shape and wants something you can do at home at your own pace this is definitely something to check out. Low to no impact, easy to follow workout plan that progresses nicely.

As I get into the advanced program I will report back on how I think someone who is in decent shape (that might still be giving myself a pretty big benefit of the doubt) does on a more rigorous version. Basically the difference is going 4-5 days a week instead of 3-4 days a week and starting with the longer/more strenuous workouts earlier in the program.

Good work, Mancest! I'm a big fan of DDP yoga, though I've never stuck to the program. I usually do it a couple times a week, but when I'm consistent, I'm shocked at the great results. I did not appreciate how tight my hamstrings and hips were before doing DDP yoga. Nor did I realize how weak my core was. Even the beginner workouts are really helpful and have improved my strength and flexibility overall.

I lost out on half the golf season this year because of back spasms. And that usually only happens when I put on belly weight and lose core strength (has only happened after long periods of relative inactivity). Seeing my fat face on camera didn't help either. I'm dedicating this offseason to getting my body back to where I want it, which will focus a lot on nutrition too. Then next spring I can focus hard on lessons and developing a consistent, repeatable swing.

Good stuff Roger. I started back up on yoga this week just using YouTube videos and wish I had a good program to follow. I just have a hard time spending money on it when I can find these videos for free, but having a program laid out might be worth it.

I bought the other DVDs on Ebay, one set was direct from DDp actually, for quite a bit less. You can find the program outlines online and if you ever try it out let me know and I can send over what I have. To me if you stick with the program the cost per workout ends up being really quite good. Figure an average of 3.3 workouts per week for the beginner workout and it is maybe a $1.50/workout. If I complete the advanced program, even if I only do 12 weeks (skipping the first week is pretty much intro) the cost would get down to well under a dollar (say 4.5/week x 12 weeks) so for me it totally pencils out if you do the workouts.

Good work, Mancest! I'm a big fan of DDP yoga, though I've never stuck to the program. I usually do it a couple times a week, but when I'm consistent, I'm shocked at the great results. I did not appreciate how tight my hamstrings and hips were before doing DDP yoga. Nor did I realize how weak my core was. Even the beginner workouts are really helpful and have improved my strength and flexibility overall.

I lost out on half the golf season this year because of back spasms. And that usually only happens when I put on belly weight and lose core strength (has only happened after long periods of relative inactivity). Seeing my fat face on camera didn't help either. I'm dedicating this offseason to getting my body back to where I want it, which will focus a lot on nutrition too. Then next spring I can focus hard on lessons and developing a consistent, repeatable swing.

Yeah, the early workouts really were eye opening with how out of shape I was... but it is cool to see progress. I didn't lose any weight doing the program for the first 6 weeks, I changed my diet and have lost about 12 lbs. In my experience diet is what controls my weight. I eat good things and I lose weight, I eat everything...

My main reason for getting back into doing this was I screwed up something in my back, and started doing some research that it was probably a weak core that would cause something. My back might get a little stiff or sore occasionally after I play a lot of golf or do these workouts, but not the can barely move I had a few months ago.

Overall it is not golf specific at all, but I think many golfers overlook how important core strength is to making a good move at the ball. I haven't taken a lesson in 3 months, yet I am playing my best golf of the season right now, I work on the things my coach gave me, but am able to put it together

DDP’s “Diamond Cutter” is still one of the best finishers of all time...

I bought the other DVDs on Ebay, one set was direct from DDp actually, for quite a bit less. You can find the program outlines online and if you ever try it out let me know and I can send over what I have. To me if you stick with the program the cost per workout ends up being really quite good. Figure an average of 3.3 workouts per week for the beginner workout and it is maybe a $1.50/workout. If I complete the advanced program, even if I only do 12 weeks (skipping the first week is pretty much intro) the cost would get down to well under a dollar (say 4.5/week x 12 weeks) so for me it totally pencils out if you do the workouts.

Obviously you haven't gone through the advanced program yet but do you see this program as something you would go back to later, after you have completed each level, and start over again? Or do you think at that point you'll be looking for a new yoga program to try?

Obviously you haven't gone through the advanced program yet but do you see this program as something you would go back to later, after you have completed each level, and start over again? Or do you think at that point you'll be looking for a new yoga program to try?

Well I think there are some other workouts I would want to mix in (which is why I just picked up more DVDs with other/more difficult workouts). At the rate I have progressed I could honestly see doing this program at least the 2nd time and probably even a 3rd time (that would be about 8-9 months total time) because you can do variations on moves that are easier or harder. I liken yoga a lot to golf, where the better you get at it, the harder it is. I would say my yoga handicap is definitely in the 20s, so I have a long way to go.

There can be some cheese, but with the amount of workouts available I could see doing this consistently for a while, then maybe trying out something else and coming back to it. But as with golf equipment, we all have our preferences, so what I enjoy and others enjoy might vary wildly. I would check out the website, or see if anything is up on youtube to see what it is like before paying for it.

DDP’s “Diamond Cutter” is still one of the best finishers of all time...

that is the name of the final workout in the beginner portion of the program, my guess is that wasn't a coincidence and it will be about finishing me off.

Thanks man. I've really enjoyed getting back in to yoga. It's easy to see how little flexibility I have and can really see and feel how it can help out. In all honesty I think this might help me more than other kind of workouts.

Thanks man. I've really enjoyed getting back in to yoga. It's easy to see how little flexibility I have and can really see and feel how it can help out. In all honesty I think this might help me more than other kind of workouts.

Yeah, I had a boss (he was a college wrestler) who had a bad back, then he got super into yoga and got CUT. It was crazy because he was in his late 40s (I was 18-19) and was in way better shape than anyone I knew. I never thought anything about it (I was always big into weight lifting) until I messed up my back. Figured I would give the Yoga a try and honestly I am super happy with it. I haven't been as flexible as I am currently in years and have seen legit progress in a couple months.

I still love free weights, but for now I am on the yoga train. Namaste my friends.

I just started hot yoga about 2 months ago. I go two days a week to add to the mix of crossfit i do . I am amazed at how good i feel when i am done. It has help a lot with flexibility as i never stretch out after lifting.Yoga is way harder than i thought lol.

Holy crap I just finished the Diamond cutter workout for the first time.... I don't think I have sweated that much since a boxing class I took in college... I might have to buy a new yoga mat.

I thought that another time through the program doing more workouts per week and I would be cruising through these workouts but not so fast. The beginner workouts are 22 (energy) and 24 (Fat Burner) minutes or so, advance to 28 (Below the Belt) minutes and then by the end of the beginner program you add on a 12 minute core workout that means you are doing about 46 to max 50 minutes with 3-4 minutes of that being cool down. This workout was 51 minutes before any cool down. I had to take some breaks in it because my heart rate was getting close to 160.

I am so looking forward to starting this program again but now I am not sure whether to do the advanced program (which would be 4-6 days per week) or the intermediate program (3-5 days per week) because this workout kicked my butt so hard.

Back