It is power yoga, so a little bit different. The goal is to get into fat burning heart rate, so a lot of flexing of muscles, some variations of moves that are designed more for strength building than traditional yoga. Also pretty much goes away from any of the more meditative aspects of yoga en lieu of being more of a workout.

I sweat a lot during each session, especially the longer ones and have seen improved flexibility in many areas of my body as well as increased strength throughout, but mostly in my shoulders which both have some issues.
Nice I'm going to give it a shot. I did a yoga pump with my girlfriend at the start of quarantine and she smoked me, was definitely a big change from power lifting which is my workout preference but it was a great workout.

yeah, I think they have a free 7 day trial on the app. If you like it great, if it isn't for you cancel and move on to something else. might want to check out the diamond dozen first to get his names for some of the moves, then Energy is probably the intro workout, that is 20-25 minutes I think.

Took some time off of DDPY with some lifting, then tweaked my hamstrings then holidays... but getting back to it. Love it, so good for my flexibility. Doing need to get back to 4-5 days a week minimum and get to longer workouts but baby stepping it and I am enjoying it.

Reactions: KEV
Took some time off of DDPY with some lifting, then tweaked my hamstrings then holidays... but getting back to it. Love it, so good for my flexibility. Doing need to get back to 4-5 days a week minimum and get to longer workouts but baby stepping it and I am enjoying it.
I'm glad to hear you're back on it man. I loaned the program to a buddy, I should probably get that back one of these days. I've started doing Pilates lately and it's a real butt kicker.

I'm glad to hear you're back on it man. I loaned the program to a buddy, I should probably get that back one of these days. I've started doing Pilates lately and it's a real butt kicker.

yeah, 3 days last week, 4 days this week. So far just sticking to some easier ones, Energy at the crib, fat burner and stand up. Will probably mix in synergy starting next week then before you know it below the belt and strength builder will be staples. just have to not screw around and keep after it conistnently.

Pilates at home or go to a gym? I don't know much about pilates and that is probably for the best for me.

Reactions: KEV
yeah, 3 days last week, 4 days this week. So far just sticking to some easier ones, Energy at the crib, fat burner and stand up. Will probably mix in synergy starting next week then before you know it below the belt and strength builder will be staples. just have to not screw around and keep after it conistnently.

Pilates at home or go to a gym? I don't know much about pilates and that is probably for the best for me.

I've been doing a few Pilates videos at home. DDP yoga can be tough but Pilates is kicking my butt big time. My doctor urged me to try it to strengthen my core and I can see why. If you want to give it a try I've been doing this one for my core and it makes me feel like a true pile of out of shape garbage.

I always thought that Yoga was a waste of time until I had that calf injury and my doctor changed my mind. Well, time and the pain. The amount of money I saved thanks to it was worth the time I spent on YouTube videos and instructions. After a few months of doing regular routines the pain started dissipating which was the best thing that happened in 2020 for me. I was finally able to move freely again without restrictions and soon I will be able to start SUP and paddleboarding again. Summer is not far away.

Last edited:
I always thought that Yoga was a waste of time until I had that calf injury and my doctor changed my mind. Well, hime and the pain.

Took yoga to fill credits when I was in college on quarter and think I went for 2 weeks. But now I am doing this 2-4 times a week and wishing I was doing it more than that.

I've been doing a few Pilates videos at home. DDP yoga can be tough but Pilates is kicking my butt big time. My doctor urged me to try it to strengthen my core and I can see why. If you want to give it a try I've been doing this one for my core and it makes me feel like a true pile of out of shape garbage.

That core workout is no joke! I am definitely going to have to try that.

That core workout is no joke! I am definitely going to have to try that.
It's such a killer! If I ever want to feel like a huge pile of out of shape flab that's one workout I'll jump in to :ROFLMAO:.

Hit the mat again for the 1st time in over 2 years over the weekend. I had forgotten how hard this could be, but how good it makes me fill when I am finished. Such a good workout.

Hit the mat again for the 1st time in over 2 years over the weekend. I had forgotten how hard this could be, but how good it makes me fill when I am finished. Such a good workout.

Nice!

I have gotten back in doing it at least once a week for the first time in almost a year. There are also some new workouts I want to try (a stretching one).

Back