Describe your Golf Style?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you brand specific? Do you match shoes with outfit? Belts and buckles? Crazy or traditional?

i where a bunch of different color shorts, you name it, i probably have it. i where white shoes so a white belt with a plain but rather big buckle. usually a white tour style visor from a course i have played or titleist. i do make sure my shirt doesnt clash with my shorts, cuz i have a ton of combinations available that wouldnt look to sharp

I'm dealing with your traditional private club dress code: 19" outseam, shirts tucked in at all times, collars, etc. At heart, I'm a Talbots girl, and that works fine. But I love to push the envelope just a little. Hence the bling-bling belts. Clothes as close-fitting as possible. Low rise pants, so that even if the shirt begins the round tucked in, it doesn't stay that way. That sort of thing.

My hat HAS to match my outfit.

Clothes as close-fitting as possible. Low rise pants, so that even if the shirt begins the round tucked in, it doesn't stay that way.

Now you're just being cruel

• Admin
Claire,
Did you expect it any other way here at THP?

Today's garb:

Old Navy cargo shorts (khaki)

Navy blue pinstripe Dockers golf shirt

Orange PING hat

no-see-um socks

Black Oakley shoes

Web belt (Bison Designs, from REI)

Ice Blue Smith sunglasses w/ rose lenses

We might need, the what did you wear today thread.

I am usually fairly simple with the clothes. I am an Adidas nut though, love the three 3 stripes(I grew up in the Run DMC era). Typical golf wear is an Adidas polo, with either black or khaki Under Armour shorts, a visor, and barely visible white socks with classic style golf shoes.

I have so many different shirts and pants it's crazy. I do match my shoes with the outfit, I mean I have 5 pairs of shoes, and I need more! :banana:

Also I have 2 belts right now, one from Sub Seventy, and one Nike, white and black respectively.

My favorite outfits are black pants, green Nike polo that has an Oregon "O" on it, white shoes and a green Titleist hat that says "Go Ducks" on the back. And also, the black pants, white shoes, white Nike polo with an Oregon "O" on it, and a white Titleist hat that has "Go Ducks" on the back.

I think you know where my allegiance is.....:banana:

We might need, the what did you wear today thread.

It was in the 50s today, so--

Brown plush cord slacks with a bit of stretch

3/4 sleeve rugby shirt with wide brown, turquoise, and white stripes

Pale blue hat (closest as I could match the stripe in the shirt)

Black golf shoes, because the only alternative is white.

Moose socks (from Maine--long, dull story)

First off comfortable
Second not clingy
Third colorful
Fourth not too expensive (I spend enough money on the clubs) say pants $75, shirts $50
I hate spending more $ on my golf shoes than my work shoes but.... ya gotta do what ya gotta do

Relatively toned down. I have a couple pair of shorts with some sort of pattern. I will match my shirt to the shorts. I wear ankle socks so that doesn't matter.

Gotta look fly on the course...

Contemporary, Conservative with a bit of color. Flat front short, Polos that fit.(Fit matters people). Great shoes cause I am a Shoe Dog.

Stick mostly to plain black or gray pants/shorts. Sometimes khaki or a blue pair of Under Armour. For shirts I don't wear anything too outlandish but will wear a little color and some shirts with a little design. For both the shirts and pants/short I don't want them too tight nor do I want them baggy. I have started buying more shoes and have started trying to match with my outfits a little more than I did before.

This thread makes me wonder if there would be interest in having a designer or merchadiser from a golf apparel or footwear brand to do a chat like JB has done in the club area. I'd vote for Greyson , Linksoul, Puma or TM. Might be fun.

Pretty traditional, stuck to 2 brands which I wear all clothing pieces with.

captain khaki over here. i like preppy styling.

A lot of blue, gray and khaki, sometimes with other colors mixed in. Occasionally I'll go loud and obnoxious if the moment calls for it. Shoes are navy/gray or white.

Greys, blues, blacks & whites (only between Memorial Day & Labor Day, I’m not a heathen) for shorts or pants. Shirts usually in the white, reds, blues area of the color wheel. Belt matches or compliments the shoes & hat.
Overall, a little more classic styling. Think Justin Thomas with better hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in a rural area so I’m probably different than most but the same as many. I dress for the occasion. It’s not uncommon for me to run out to the course after work in a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt to chip and putt. If it’s a tournament it’s golf shorts and collar. If I go to play a skins game on the weekend you might find me in a sweatshirt or basic shirt just being comfortable. I like to have fun and blend in with the others, no need to over dress like I’m some hot shat. There really isn’t a dress code here other than not looking like you just walked off skid row..

Back