DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

I’ll be in town (Dallas) Jan 22-25.

Working, but evenings might be free.
TopGolf or something anyone?
Remind me Closer

So happy to see Warmth returning to the Metro...

booking tee times, cannot wait to play, but my sim room is looking better than ever!!!

So happy to see Warmth returning to the Metro...

booking tee times, cannot wait to play, but my sim room is looking better than ever!!!
Pictures or it isn't true....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I actually played this morning, teeing off at 7:15. The temperature was fine, but the course was as wet as I have ever seen it.

Nobody cares about tee times, let's see this sim bay.....

LOL...will get pic tonight...have old ones... from construction....3490377D-433B-43F8-A81C-DEB159D82898_1_105_c.jpegCC200FE3-6DA5-40BA-A161-AF2CD457E590_1_105_c.jpeg

I'll be coming down to the Dallas the first week of April for work meetings. I believe we will be in a hotel in Grapevine. Can someone throw out a few real nice courses to play in or around that area, say 30-40 minutes away.

I looked at the Cowboy Golf Club (in the past our hotel was a mile or two down the road from the club) as well as the TPC Las Colinas. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thank you

I'll be coming down to the Dallas the first week of April for work meetings. I believe we will be in a hotel in Grapevine. Can someone throw out a few real nice courses to play in or around that area, say 30-40 minutes away.

I looked at the Cowboy Golf Club (in the past our hotel was a mile or two down the road from the club) as well as the TPC Las Colinas. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thank you
Grapevine GC (next door to Cowboys), Luna Vista, Bear Creek, Texas Star, Bridlewood, Texas Rangers GC...all within 20 mins of that area

Grapevine GC (next door to Cowboys), Luna Vista, Bear Creek, Texas Star, Bridlewood, Texas Rangers GC...all within 20 mins of that area

Bridlewood looks really nice. What about Coyote Ridge?

I second Bear creek, dallas cowboys, and Texas Rangers

Bridlewood looks really nice. What about Coyote Ridge?
Coyote works too, so does Indian Springs(?
..I think that's the name) but those are a little further away.

This is a really good list.

I live just by there in Flower Mound. My quick take on all the courses listed and others nearby.

Grapevine - next to Cowboys. Always in great shape. Pace of play is excellent..price is too. But can be hard to get on as tee times go QUICKLY.

Cowboys - top 3 course in town. All food and non-alcoholic drinks included....Includes a grill with great jalapeno sausages on the course and restaurant in side wtih full menu. Pricy though...even with free food factored in.

Bridlewood - great layout and amenities. Weekend prices are a bit too high IMO but weekday rates are reasonable. Pace of play can be an issue sometimes.

Luna Vista - Goat ranch. Avoid.

Riverchase - in terrible condition. Cart paths look like the course has been bombed. Shame too, it's a great location and layout. But no money has been invested in years.

Texas Star - Awesome course. One of my favorites in town. Tough but fair layout. When I've had golfers visit, I try to get us a time out there.

Texas Rangers - Same concept as Cowboys but not as pricey. It has a really fun layout that is gorgeous and scorable.

Bear Creek - 36 hole facility near the airport. It's a good value course. They cleared out a ton of trees making it more playable, but will still test you. Not the fanciest amenities, but good golf. One of the easier places to get tee times. Pace of play can be slow.

Indian Creek - 36 hole facility in Carrollton. In a low lying area. Do not play if rained much in the previous week as it's a swamp. 'April showers' could put it down the list.

Coyote Ridge - Personally I think it's overpriced. But probably because I played it a zillion times for $45 and never walked off feeling like 'wow, that was fun.' Layout feels like it was constricted by the land. 9-11 are diabolical. The closing holes feel crammed in.

Post something if you're looking for playing partners. I'm trying to get my game tuned up for the WWGC, so I'm golfing my butt off this spring!

I live just by there in Flower Mound. My quick take on all the courses listed and others nearby.

Grapevine - next to Cowboys. Always in great shape. Pace of play is excellent..price is too. But can be hard to get on as tee times go QUICKLY.

Cowboys - top 3 course in town. All food and non-alcoholic drinks included....Includes a grill with great jalapeno sausages on the course and restaurant in side wtih full menu. Pricy though...even with free food factored in.

Bridlewood - great layout and amenities. Weekend prices are a bit too high IMO but weekday rates are reasonable. Pace of play can be an issue sometimes.

Riverchase - in terrible condition. Cart paths look like the course has been bombed. Shame too, it's a great location and layout. But no money has been invested in years.

Texas Star - Awesome course. One of my favorites in town. Tough but fair layout. When I've had golfers visit, I try to get us a time out there.

Texas Rangers - Same concept as Cowboys but not as pricey. It has a really fun layout that is gorgeous and scorable.

Bear Creek - 36 hole facility near the airport. It's a good value course. They cleared out a ton of trees making it more playable, but will still test you. Not the fanciest amenities, but good golf. One of the easier places to get tee times. Pace of play can be slow.

Indian Creek - 36 hole facility in Carrollton. In a low lying area. Do not play if rained much in the previous week as it's a swamp. 'April showers' could put it down the list.

Coyote Ridge - Personally I think it's overpriced. But probably because I played it a zillion times for $45 and never walked off feeling like 'wow, that was fun.' Layout feels like it was constricted by the land. 9-11 are diabolical. The closing holes feel crammed in.

Post something if you're looking for playing partners. I'm trying to get my game tuned up for the WWGC, so I'm golfing my butt off this spring!
THANKS!!! Will do. Our travel days are Monday, arrival and Thursday departure. I'll keep you posted

Stevie and Nate, thanks for making the invite!!! Was great playing a round with ya!!! we have only bene planning to do it for a year!!! good time, some good golf, and not so good (for me) but a great day!!! Sorry for bailing, was gone all weekend needed to get backa nd get crap done....so I could play again at 1:00 and had some honey doo's was able to get done...

Stevie and Nate, thanks for making the invite!!! Was great playing a round with ya!!! we have only bene planning to do it for a year!!! good time, some good golf, and not so good (for me) but a great day!!! Sorry for bailing, was gone all weekend needed to get backa nd get crap done....so I could play again at 1:00 and had some honey doo's was able to get done...
Completely agree, had a great time and glad I finally met you...3-4 years later...and a year after you moved to the area.

Definitely will need to go again soon. Perhaps @Nate won't be buried in his phone for the back 9 next time out...lolol...hope it was worth it.

How far in advance would I need to make a tee time at Grapevine, Cowboys, Texas Star or Rangers?

Also, since my clubs will be on their way to Scotland, I'll have to rent clubs. Living in MN I need to play whenever I can. LOL will that be an issue at any of these courses?

Thanks

How far in advance would I need to make a tee time at Grapevine, Cowboys, Texas Star or Rangers?

Also, since my clubs will be on their way to Scotland, I'll have to rent clubs. Living in MN I need to play whenever I can. LOL will that be an issue at any of these courses?

Thanks
You'd have to call about club rental...but i would assume cowboys has rentals, the others I'm not so sure about.

As for tee times, depends on when you are looking to play -- but all of these get medium to high traffic overall. If you are looking for a weekend morning (7am to 10am), good luck...if you are looking for weekdays, everything but Friday should be available...but again, mornings fill up quick.

Tee times can usually be done 7 days in advance, but it could vary (cowboys may require more advance).

In terms of value / price / enjoyment....I'd put Rangers and Texas Star at the top, Grapevine in 3rd. Cowboys is at the bottom, unless you plan to eat 3 times at the clubhouse. The layout is OK, conditions are generally good, but for $150-250 per round, it should be immaculate at all times...and it's not.

Thanks

All of those courses have rental sets.

Cowboys and Texas Rangers will be pretty easy to book. Texas Star does 5 day tee times for the public (10 days for members), so it fills up quick. But since you're coming on a weekday, it should be fairly easy to get on.

Grapevine stays full...even on weekdays - probably the hardest to get a time on of the courses listed....

Back