DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Spring is officially here in Texas!! Time to get serious.

100%! Saturday felt like the last day the temps were going to be low. Yesterday was in the mid 50s, but with no wind and clear skies, it felt amazing on the course. It'll be near 80 by midweek.

I can't wait until the time changes in a few weeks and getting in 18 after work is doable again....

You'd have to call about club rental...but i would assume cowboys has rentals, the others I'm not so sure about.

As for tee times, depends on when you are looking to play -- but all of these get medium to high traffic overall. If you are looking for a weekend morning (7am to 10am), good luck...if you are looking for weekdays, everything but Friday should be available...but again, mornings fill up quick.

Tee times can usually be done 7 days in advance, but it could vary (cowboys may require more advance).

In terms of value / price / enjoyment....I'd put Rangers and Texas Star at the top, Grapevine in 3rd. Cowboys is at the bottom, unless you plan to eat 3 times at the clubhouse. The layout is OK, conditions are generally good, but for $150-250 per round, it should be immaculate at all times...and it's not.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Thank you!!!

All of those courses have rental sets.

Cowboys and Texas Rangers will be pretty easy to book. Texas Star does 5 day tee times for the public (10 days for members), so it fills up quick. But since you're coming on a weekday, it should be fairly easy to get on.

Grapevine stays full...even on weekdays - probably the hardest to get a time on of the courses listed....
Thanks!!

Played in Arkansas Tuesday, playing Saturday at Riverside also have a small get away in mid March, Lumberjack National, Crown Colony and Cypress Bend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
None of that involves me playing so don’t care. 😂

None of that involves me playing so don’t care.

giphy.gif

Good Good plays Fossil Creek. ^ I feel like anyone who ever plays in the DFW area has played this course. I don't even live there and I've played it a bunch. @drp3434 isn't this your home course??

Good Good plays Fossil Creek. ^ I feel like anyone who ever plays in the DFW area has played this course. I don't even live there and I've played it a bunch. @drp3434 isn't this your home course??
It's 10 mins from me and I've played it alot, will definitely give it a watch. As for the course itself, it's a pretty good track layout-wise, and conditions improved after they removed some trees / cleaned up some brush.

Fossil is a great course. It's a nice mix of holes and challenges every part of your game. It's a good mix of scorable holes and challenging holes. As mentioned above, they've done a lot to make it more playable.

I live in Flower Mound and most of the guys I play with live over in the McKinney, Plano. Allen area. So it's hard to get them that far west..... :(

It's 10 mins from me and I've played it alot, will definitely give it a watch. As for the course itself, it's a pretty good track layout-wise, and conditions improved after they removed some trees / cleaned up some brush.

Nate does not like it.

Nate does not like it.

Facts....tried to get him to play there before and he said no thanks. Candidly, I prefer other options over FC too.

I watched the first 9 holes and it's cool to see our local track get some pub, also funny to see them hit into the same spots (and trouble) as I do....

Facts....tried to get him to play there before and he said no thanks. Candidly, I prefer other options over FC too.

I watched the first 9 holes and it's cool to see our local track get some pub, also funny to see them hit into the same spots (and trouble) as I do....

was also fun to have them play Bridlewood...saw them when they did a practice round there...Sean Walsh is routinely playing on the putting green or hitting at the club...

I haven’t played there in over a year. Joined a club for 2023 but I did go the range at fossil this week. Moving half hour away in three months so I won’t play it a ton but hope to get out there again soon. I enjoy the course, it’s fair but pretty tough.

was also fun to have them play Bridlewood...saw them when they did a practice round there...Sean Walsh is routinely playing on the putting green or hitting at the club...

I’ll have to check this out. Haven’t played Fossil in probably 15 years so I can hardly remember it, but I play Bridlewood at least a few times per year. Love the greens out there. They roll fast and true. I’d play it more but it’s a bit of a drive for me (Plano).

My favorite in DFW west of I-35 is Texas Star. I am on the range at Bridlewood ... often

We need to get a local little THP outing...

I’ll have to check this out. Haven’t played Fossil in probably 15 years so I can hardly remember it, but I play Bridlewood at least a few times per year. Love the greens out there. They roll fast and true. I’d play it more but it’s a bit of a drive for me (Plano).
live right off three, get to watch the putting every morning...is not a bad view at all!! and yes, greens are great, especially when you map how many rounds happen on the course...holler if here, or coming over...

live right off three, get to watch the putting every morning...is not a bad view at all!! and yes, greens are great, especially when you map how many rounds happen on the course...holler if here, or coming over...
Nice! Just made a tee time there for Wed 3/13 at 7:56 am. We are a threesome so feel free to join.

Feels like spring is getting close....Grapevine was starting to green up.....it was SO wet out there today...

Feels like spring is getting close....Grapevine was starting to green up.....it was SO wet out there today...
Just as you say that, we start seeing morning temps for our 7:00am tee time drop into the low 40s again! :mad:

Rule #1....don't talk about the weather

Back