DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

I didn't think you went west of Arlington @Nate

I know! Super quick trip for a scramble that a buddy invited me to. Got up there late Sunday and left back south immediately after the tournament.
Too bad wasn't longer, could have gotten a round and some bowling in as well. :p

I didn't think you went west of Arlington @Nate
@Nate has strayed out to Waterchase a couple times and to Bridlewood recently....rumor is, he may actually try Canyon West, Sugartree or Cross Timbers soon....

Strange days we are living in....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

@Nate has strayed out to Waterchase a couple times and to Bridlewood recently....rumor is, he may actually try Canyon West, Sugartree or Cross Timbers soon....

Strange days we are living in....

That is a little weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a little weird

Bridlewood?

Typically at the range 3X a week, but that course gets a lot of play.

Nate- Playing in the southwest area

I would think Texas Star would be preferable. If anyone wants to play next month, I can offer us 30% off

My son is 9 and showing a growing interest in golf, enough that we got him a jr set for Xmas and have recently gone to the range a couple times. He really wants to get out on a course, so I've been looking around for good first time out courses in the area (may also bring him to ride along with my group). Westdale Hills or River's Edge look like good possible locations. Looks like Meadowbrook is closed. Anyone recommend either of those over the other, or any other small 9 holes courses towards Fort Worth?

My son is 9 and showing a growing interest in golf, enough that we got him a jr set for Xmas and have recently gone to the range a couple times. He really wants to get out on a course, so I've been looking around for good first time out courses in the area (may also bring him to ride along with my group). Westdale Hills or River's Edge look like good possible locations. Looks like Meadowbrook is closed. Anyone recommend either of those over the other, or any other small 9 holes courses towards Fort Worth?

Rockwood allows 9 holes - just put him wherever you want to place a tee in the ground. Good course, too. It's just behind downtown and slightly west of it.

Rockwood allows 9 holes - just put him wherever you want to place a tee in the ground. Good course, too. It's just behind downtown and slightly west of it.

Ahh didn't know they allowed 9s. Thanks for another suggestion!

Anybody an Arcis member? Has it been worth it?

Edit: Erased part of my comment. I was accessing from a golf clubs site. Going directly to the Arcis site there is a little more info. See more on rates at the actual clubs tee time bookings.

Last edited:
Just saw this...and congrats on getting him involved early. Mine is 12 and has little interest at this point.

I would recommend the following courses, as they are fairly open, aren't overly crowded and are budget friendly:

Pecan Valley Hills Course
Meadowbrook (the Fort Worth course, not the Arlington one)
Oeste Ranch (Weatherford area)
Lake Arlington
Whitestone
Hawks Creek (a little harder, but still fairly open)
Rockwood
Westdale Hill par 3 (lots of water and in an apartment complex)

Just saw this...and congrats on getting him involved early. Mine is 12 and has little interest at this point.

I would recommend the following courses, as they are fairly open, aren't overly crowded and are budget friendly:

Pecan Valley Hills Course
Meadowbrook (the Fort Worth course, not the Arlington one)
Oeste Ranch (Weatherford area)
Lake Arlington
Whitestone
Hawks Creek (a little harder, but still fairly open)
Rockwood
Westdale Hill par 3 (lots of water and in an apartment complex)

Awesome, thank you for the suggestions. Haven't heard of some of those, good to have some new spots to look at.

Well went out with my son on a whim yesterday morning so could only get on Rivers Edge but it was awesome. He had a blast and didn't want to leave so we played it twice. And the greens aren't in good shape so they didn't charge us, double win :D
91122156-C501-4576-8471-5AFBE73A1216.jpeg

Hey y'all!

I'm likely going to be in the DFW area for work the weekend of May 20. I'll have a down day on Sunday the 22nd, so I'm bringing my sticks and wanted to see if anyone in the area was up for a round. The dates are 95% certain and I should know by the end of next week for sure. I'll have a car and can travel.

Anyone interested in getting together for a game? The more the merrier!

Hey y'all!

I'm likely going to be in the DFW area for work the weekend of May 20. I'll have a down day on Sunday the 22nd, so I'm bringing my sticks and wanted to see if anyone in the area was up for a round. The dates are 95% certain and I should know by the end of next week for sure. I'll have a car and can travel.

Anyone interested in getting together for a game? The more the merrier!
Do you know if you'll be leaning more towards the Dallas or Fort Worth side, or if that matters?

Got out to play Rockwood Park for the first time today. Really enjoyed that course. In great condition and a fun layout. I haven't played a ton of places here yet but that is probably my favorite at this point. Brought my son as well and that was an experience :ROFLMAO: He did pretty well for his first time riding along but definitely was nervous a couple times he was gonna get us in trouble lol.

Do you know if you'll be leaning more towards the Dallas or Fort Worth side, or if that matters?
Doesn't really matter. I'll probably stay closer to Ft. Worth, but I'll also be visiting our offices in Dallas and Frisco.

Doesn't really matter. I'll probably stay closer to Ft. Worth, but I'll also be visiting our offices in Dallas and Frisco.
Ok cool. I live in Fort Worth. I would be interested for sure. Really will depend on my kids' activities and what they end up have going on that weekend. Should know with plenty of time to jump on a tee time.

Ok cool. I live in Fort Worth. I would be interested for sure. Really will depend on my kids' activities and what they end up have going on that weekend. Should know with plenty of time to jump on a tee time.
The dates are confirmed and my travel booked. I will be free on Sunday, May 22 for a round with you and whoever else wants to come along.

The dates are confirmed and my travel booked. I will be free on Sunday, May 22 for a round with you and whoever else wants to come along.
Still waiting on my kids' activities for the weekend. If it all works out does an early morning round work?

Still waiting on my kids' activities for the weekend. If it all works out does an early morning round work?
Yeah, that would be great.

If it doesn't work out I'm still planning on playing so course recommendations would be appreciated.

Yeah, that would be great.

If it doesn't work out I'm still planning on playing so course recommendations would be appreciated.
I haven't played a ton in the area yet but my favorite two so far are Golf Club at Fossil Creek and Rockwood Golf Course.

Back