do you always remove the pin when by yourself?

I take it out on putts I think I have a good chance to make. I don't take it out on 30 footers.

If I'm walking past it to the ball yes, if the ball is within pin length yes, otherwise I'll leave it until I'm within pin length

I think it depends on how quickly I'm trying to play. Usually I don't, but yesterday for some reason I took it out on every hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seldom pull the flag when Im playing by myself. I just dont see the point to it.

I used to never pull it, now I always pull it. I'd rather look at the hole the same every time when I'm trying to hole out, without the distraction of the pin being in there. Sounds weird but it's how my brain works right now.

Depends on my mindset that day honestly.

Just curious to the people that claim in the other thread "I always count every stroke no matter what" if you don't pull the flag, do you count that penalty? Lol just sayin.

I'll add i don't pull the flag by myself because i don't really care haha.

Virtually never.

I'd say 90% of the time the other 10% is when I'd be trying to play through

If by myself I usually leave it in.

I pull it about 95% of the time.

I'll leave it in only if I'm playing through.

Always. Unless I am playing through and trying to move quickly through the group out of respect.

I figure, why not?

I agree. It keeps me at a more normal pace whereas otherwise I tend to hurry when playing alone. I don't play by myself very often, so I don't usually have to worry about it, but I just prefer removing it. Once in a while, if I have a long putt from the side where I approach the green, then I'll hit the first putt without walking all the way across the green and back again. In those cases, if lightning should strike and I make the putt, I would add the 2 stroke penalty for hitting the flagstick - so far it's never happened.

Just depends on my mood for that hole, super long but not until I'm close or if I'm not putting a makable bogey it'll stay in.

Most of the time I do. I will walk by and take it out before going to my ball

I typically pull the pin when playing by myself, just to keep the same feeling as when playing with a group, but it doesn't bother me to leave it in.

I say I do in about 90% of the holes.

If I am a single then the flag stays there.

Typically, yes.

If I have a long putt, I'll usually leave the pin in though.

I leave it in for lag putts and pull it out when I feel like it's a putt I should make.

I leave it in for lag putts and pull it out when I feel like it's a putt I should make.

Ditto. Or sometimes, if it is for bogey or better, it gets pulled. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter.

Back