Do you answer your phone when playing?

My work does require it unfortunately although most customers and clients will email or text unless it is a emergency. My phone is on silent but I do check regularly. I don't have extended conversations and if it's something that requires more attention I'll pull to the side and catch up with group later.

NOPE! Absolutely not, unless I know it's an emergency. It's always on silent anyway. I will look at it periodically & Mrs Nut knows to text me first.

And incidentally, I can't stand people that are on the phone that are in my group. A few seconds to say I'll call you back ... fine. But a few minutes or even a few holes ... let me play ahead because it's annoying and very distracting. Call me old school, whatever. But we survived doing "business" long before there were cell phones. So for people to say that the "need" to take this call, I myself call BS. You just choose to out of convenience.

In a town my size which is not large there are still 800 other agents. Its very competitive and the biggest complaint is the agents did not respond to calls fast enough. Its not convenience for me, its providing high levels of service to clients and making sure my business survives.

I rarely check my phone on the course but I do keep it on silent. My wife is good about not calling me for trivial stuff if she knows I’m playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always have the ringer turned off but will check if I’ve had any emergency calls periodically. If none urgent (home/wife) I won’t do anything until I have finished. I will read txts but I don’t get many so no issues.

Work, yes, but rarely if ever would happen. Everyone else is situational.

My phone is in my bag and I'll check it once, maybe twice a round, just to make sure I haven't received any pressing calls or texts. The only time I would be worried about a missed call would be work or my wife. But then again, if it is my work I'm not returning the call until after the round. The only time I would make a call during a round would be for a missed call from my wife. She NEVER calls me, so it would have to be pretty bad for that to happen.

I've played with guys who have had to take phone calls, or who are constantly on the phone for work or checking sports news, and that is their prerogative and doesn't bother or impact me and my play.

Like others have said, I don't answer my phone unless it's an emergency on the course.

My phone is left on but it never gets answered. If there is an emergency those who would be calling will leave a message or text and I will get a notification on my watch. The golf course is my time to be away from normal life so I try not to use it except for golfing purposes (score keeping/gps/etc).

I learnt to turn it off... In fact I've taken to leaving it home. Makes social media hard (as in posting photos) but keeps me focused.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

I try to keep it to a minimum. If I HAVE to it is because I’m expecting a call that cannot be scheduled for a different time. If I know it will be a long conversation then it will be scheduled for a different time.

The only time I would answer it is of it's my wife and she knows I'm golfing, that would mean it's an emergency. Otherwise I'm not going to answer.

I'm even going to try cutting out texting this year. I can think of way too many times where I have been texting and get distracted with other thoughts during my swing/putt and completely flub the shot. That happened last weekend and it opened my eyes to how much I kill my own game with distractions.

Like this?
b7e8d02ad8b209f49fcc13679da82b83.jpg

End of the quarter, always an emergency

Depends...I was in sales for a long time and would always answer a customer or someone in my sales org. I've conducted entire conference calls with a noise canceling earpiece while playing. It doesn't bother me too much but I'm sure it annoys anyone I was playing with at the time.

These days, I'll pickup for my wife or kids...but often I text and ask if it is something important and if so, I call back.

No but I love when I’m swinging and my wife’s phone goes off with a Facebook or Instagram notification. I’ll tell her to silence it and I’m the bad guy.

The only time I answer the phone is if it’s work or my wife.

Only if its my wife, and even then it's only half the time. Usually she knows Im on the course and won't bother me, so if she calls I figure it might be important.

But seeing that I never have my phone in my pocket, it's usually a call back vs and answer.

Posted by my thumbs.

Usually no, but there are some cases where I will.

It’s on silent the whole round. I’ll check it every few holes but will not call anyone back while on the course. My wife knows to text and not call so I don’t have to worry about her bothering me.

Besides immediate family probably not, just reply with a quick text on what they need.

It's situational for me. If I am in a cart between holes or waiting for a group ahead of me, I may answer the phone depending on who it is. I don't really need to take any work calls when I am out playing, so it's not important in that regard. Usually, it would only be if my wife called as she knows that I am golfing. If she is calling, then it's something important. Otherwise, she would just send me a text. I never have my ringer on though.

Only call that gets answered is my wife. Everything else gets screened

Usually yes, I only get called if its important, most stuff is either text or email which i leave

I'd only answer a call if it were the wife or someone texted before hand and it sounded urgent. Otherwise the phone is on silent.

Back