Do you answer your phone when playing?

When I working I sometimes had to but it was less than once per round. It did often affect my play.

Now that I’m retired I normally leave the phone in my locker. I can take a call on my Apple Watch but it only happened once or twice last summer.

Depends on whose calling. But usually, yes. I've been pulled off of the course because of work related emergencies. It is what it is.

Same here, If I’m playing during “work” hours, I have it & answer it. My phone flips over to the after hours number at 5:00 so someone is there to answer calls. When I’m on call I answer, that’s be the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Work is a necessity unfortunately, I'm required to be available 24/7- but my phone stays in the cart so there may be a time where a call gets missed. Wife knows when I'm golfing, so if she calls it's a definite answer because I know it's an emergency.

I get notifications on my Apple Watch; if I really need to return a call, I'll do it between holes.

If it's my wife, yes. Anyone else has to wait.

Work is a necessity unfortunately, I'm required to be available 24/7-
Oh so you're that guy on the Bluetooth while lining up your 20 footer for birdie.

Easy Ari Gold. Haha.

Oh so you're that guy on the Bluetooth while lining up your 20 footer for birdie.

Easy Ari Gold. Haha.

Haha absolutely not! Phone stays in cart, and no bluetooth in.... I'll just take the call in between shots or driving hole to hole.... I'm not THAT important.

I don't even answer the phone when I'm not playing. I never answer on the course. I suppose if someone called 2 or 3x in a row I would pick up, but I would assume that's an emergency.

If it's work related, then yes. Other than that, my wife knows to text and call for an emergency.

Depends on who it is. Wife, yes (because I know she'd only call when I'm playing if it was important). Anyone else, probably just shoot them a quick text.

Very rarely but it depends on who it is as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

If it's during the week and work calls (when I'm not on PTO) I'll answer. Otherwise only if it's my wife, as she would only call for an emergency. My phone is usually tucked away somewhere anyways so even if they did call I probably wouldn't hear. I've also taken a call for a job offer on the course... But that only happened once.

As far as people taking calls on the course? Sure, in a perfect world there wouldn't be a need, but we live in a connected world. As long as whoever is taking the call is respectful and doesn't slow down play or otherwise infringe on other golfers, I could honestly care less. Audible ringers are a beer penalty though for sure.

I only take certain calls. My boss, certain clients, my mom and Kate. Everything else can wait a few hours.

I don't even answer my phone off the golf course.

I'm at the very oldest edge of Millennials, but GTFO of here with that call & talk BS.

Send me a text / email that I can read on my time. I'm never needed for anything that urgent anyway (aside from with immediate family -- who can totally call me).

If it's family, it's usually important otherwise I don't answer the phone.

I don't even answer my phone off the golf course.

I'm at the very oldest edge of Millennials, but GTFO of here with that call & talk BS.

Send me a text / email that I can read on my time. I'm never needed for anything that urgent anyway (aside from with immediate family -- who can totally call me).

Not on the edge of millennial but totally agree here. Text, Slack, whatever whenever possible. I'm in meetings all day for work. Last thing I want to do outside of that is spend more time talking on the phone if I can avoid it.

Only in the event of an emergency, which people close to me know is to call twice in a row if I'm golfing.

042554d4a2626c2cbb2ef8266ee06580.jpg

I can't really answer it because I put it on silent but will check a few times throughout the round. On the chance that a call comes in while phone is in hand, unless it's immediate family, I won't answer. For friends, I've texted something like, "golfing right now, everything OK?"

A regular playing partner back in NY is in sales so he'd have to answer his phone for the same reason as the OP. Business first, I always got that.

Can only say that from my perspective, it was never a bother.

Depends on who is calling and what time of day it is. If I'm playing on a Saturday, the only phone call I'm answering is one from my wife. If I'm playing during the week, my boss and the office will get an answer from me.

Otherwise, no, I'm not holding up my group to answer the phone.

Phone is on silent and in the bag when I’m playing. I may check it once, possibly twice a round. Anything else is rude imo, especially work calls - If you are needed that badly you shouldn’t be there.

No, but I will text

I will check to see who's calling and then text the person and tell them I'll call them later.

Not an option. Phone never gets on the course.

Back