Do you drive the cart?

You are the perfect cardner for a team event, because you are so good at the live posting. I personally like to drive when riding, but that may come from a situation a long time ago where a guy crashed our cart, LOL.

Zero preference I think me and my cousin alternate frequently. It’s really who ever gets there first and goes to get the cart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve seen @93civiccpe drive that is a scary thought
It helps that I’m always ridiculously early. I just go get the cart and set up my stuff on the passenger side before my playing partner gets there.
Define ridiculously early
I drove while you posted....And i was happy to Drive because i have a complex about riding.....I DO like to be in the drivers seat
And you kept us alive so well done haha
I am fine either way, doesn't bother me to ride shotgun. One round, I am glad I wasn't the driver was at Wolf Creek with @baylrballa driving. STEEP cart paths and whining brakes make for some butt clenching moments :ROFLMAO:

Picture doesn't do it justice on this one on way up to a tee box.

View attachment 8977793
Pretty sure I wouldn’t play wolf creek in the rain, wouldn’t trust the wheels on the cart
If golfing with friends it doesn't matter to me as most know driving etiquette:oops:.

If I'm paired up with a random, I prefer to drive just in case slow cart driving/meandering/ball approach would occur.
I try to grab my own cart lol

I usually drive the cart. I like to assist in the speed of play, so I will drop the other player off at their ball with their club of choice and then buzz over to mine to hit.

I like to walk as much as possible even if riding in a cart. So, I prefer to leave the driving to someone else.

I tend to drive unless I'm the visitor and partner is a regular at the course. I don't mind riding along but so often it seems that who ever is driving thinks I'm so old and decrepit I can't walk up to the ball and parks the cart way too close. If the cart is in my peripheral vision or close behind me it affects concentration and I will muff the shot. My weekly partner does this to me if he drives but I like to think it isn't intentional.

I don’t mind either driving or riding. It’s about having a great time and getting outside for a bit

I'm usually the driver but have no problem being the rider. I think because I know the courses better than most my friends like it when I drive.

Honestly I'm pretty 50/50. Don't prefer either so I generally ask my partner. Unless it's @Robozeo. Then I just head straight for the passenger side.

I always drive with my regular playing partner. He drives too cautiously and slow.

Used to prefer to drive but now I don't care.

Driver keeps score and as my vision has deteriorated, I don't like doing it for the twosome/group more and more.

I prefer to drive, as I watch the ball closely, and know where to park in reference to being able to see the green/target for the next shot (laser).
Plus I usually ride with my brother, and he's a horrible driver!

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Almost always... I like to ride though... I see the ball pretty well and usually keep track of partners shots well too...

For me, usually it's a time share. I'll drive or my cartner will drive... I'll stop by my ball and grab clubs and jump out and my cartner will drive on to their ball. No biggie.

I’ll drive or ride based on whatever my cart partner wants to do

Generally walk but when I rode more often I usually drove. Recently single carts only so if I had a cart I'd have to drive.

I do prefer to drive. Somehow when I'm not driving, my cart partners always seem to take the least efficient route to everywhere.

Do you drive the golf cart when you play?

If you’ve played with @Canadan you know “daddy always drives” lmao

I prefer not to drive the cart I like to ride along and do other things. Many a THPer who has ridden with me knows if it’s an experience I will post if they agree to drive.

so what say you THP are you a driver or a passenger?
Sometimes I do, sometimes I dont. Im happy to drive and Im happy to just ride along and enjoy the day. If I had a golf buddy who told me, "daddy always drives", I think Id probably find myself a new golf buddy. LOL

If I have my choice I would most definitely prefer to drive. However, I’m fine with whatever.

If I have my choice I would most definitely prefer to drive. However, I’m fine with whatever.

Why the preference to drive?

I don’t like to drive because I get distracted and frustrated trying to figure out where I need to go and can drive. I don’t like to ride because I am not in control, a hostage to a crazy golfer at the wheel. So, I almost always walk. 😎

Why the preference to drive?
I’m that way in a car. I’d much rather drive. In a golf cart I think it’s because I like to move and play fairly fast. Drop your cartner off and head to another ball and vice versa. Parking the cart in a logical spot to move along and get to the next hole or shot.

I don’t like to drive because I get distracted and frustrated trying to figure out where I need to go and can drive. I don’t like to ride because I am not in control, a hostage to a crazy golfer at the wheel. So, I almost always walk. 😎

So would you be the guy who puts the bag in the cart and walks?

Back