Do you drive the cart?

oh.. I am subscribed to like 40 different podcasts.
I only really do OffCourse, and I guess I'm talking specific to the reason why someone has to drive :ROFLMAO:. Seems like a good, or tragic, story.

I prefer to drive. I usually do, and I'm so used to my clubs being on the driver's side of the cart that I go to the wrong bag about 75% of the time when somebody else drives.
They crossed our bags on the Ocean course and @Afizzle2100 kept pulling my clubs for me. 😂

Normally no. I use the time to scope out my next shot. If I'm with someone who doesn't know the course I'll offer to drive but I would rather ride.

I like driving most of the time but sometimes it’s nice to just play golf and let someone else navigate me around the course haha

🤔🤔🤔🤔

Normally no. I use the time to scope out my next shot. If I'm with someone who doesn't know the course I'll offer to drive but I would rather ride.

Does your score improve driving to riding?

I've driven some, but mostly it's been one of my partners driving because I'm new and they knew the course.

One of my regular golf partners and I had a nice smooth operation. I drove the cart and he had the rangefinder. He was ready to shoot as we pulled up to our ball, and he had a yardage reading as soon as the cart came to a stop. You know your distance, jump out, grab a club and hit, and move on to the next shot. It made everything flow nicely.

It's the little things that usually aggravate me.

But then again, if my driver isn't concerned enough to do simple things like keeping the cart out of the rough, entering and exiting at the right time, and keeping the tires on the cart path, they probably aren't concerned enough with who is driving hahaha

But then again, if my driver isn't concerned enough to do simple things like keeping the cart out of the rough, entering and exiting at the right time, and keeping the tires on the cart path, they probably aren't concerned enough with who is driving hahaha
Little things like that irk me too, I guess I'm kind of OCD. I'm always thinking like "Why did he park the cart here?", or "You drive like my freaking grandpa, get us to the ball!".

You're right, I'd be nervous the entire round, I'll ride

Little things like that irk me too, I guess I'm kind of OCD. I'm always thinking like "Why did he park the cart here?", or "You drive like my freaking grandpa, get us to the ball!".
I'm pretty big on etiquette, and treating the course like you built it. Probably has a lot to do with serving on my clubs advisory board over the last half decade, working closely with the staff. Simple and easy things that shouldn't be hard, yet aren't followed.

From a more personal level, the cart driver who is on their cell phone not paying attention? Oof. It's fine. I'm fine.

You're right, I'd be nervous the entire round, I'll ride
it's just easier that way. :LOL:

If I meet someone who is more focused on course care and/or ready golf than I am, I'll hand them the key.

Always ride with my wife, she thinks driving the cart is the highlight of the round. Otherwise I don't care who drives, except for when with a few that don't know what the No Carts sign means.

It doesn’t matter to me. Though if there ever is a scooter option, I will be paying extra to drive one of those!

I probably only ride in a cart 5X a year out of 125 rounds, so when I get the luxury, I like to drive....almost like being a teenager again.

I'm most definitely a driver. Seems like most people don't know how to navigate a course so I'd rather just do it myself.

Depends who I play with, but I'm usually the passenger. It doesn't bother me either way.

I like to drive I guess haha.

No real reason except that with the people I play with in the area, it seems like I’m the only one who knows how to use the cart properly so we both can get to our shot without that game of cart to ball, hit, cart to next ball, hit, etc.

Back