Do you enjoy playing shortened rounds?

Do you enjoy playing planned shortened rounds

• Total voters

brians

2023 GRANDADDY X (marks the spot)
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Simple question: whether it’s due to time constraints, weather forecast, Do you enjoy playing less than nine holes (planned )

At my course it’s split up into 6 holes and three holes crossing the street.
Quite often I’ll just play the 6 holes and skip the other three just to get some golf in. It’s still quite enjoyable to me.

Shortened rounds = golf blue balls 🤷‍♂️

If I know going in that I may not be able to get 9 in, I'm okay with it... I used to do it quite a bit when I wanted to work on things and just wanted to get sorted out.

With or without injured Back it was a way for me to Chill and work on my Swing

Simple question: whether it’s due to time constraints, weather forecast, Do you enjoy playing less than nine holes (planned )
I like all the golf I can get. And don’t mind playing while a tropical storm is rolling in

I like all the golf I can get. And don’t mind playing while a tropical storm is rolling in
Caddy Shack Golf GIF

No. I don't even like playing less than 18.

If I lived on a course where it was quick and easy to sneak out, I could see just going out for a quick few holes in the evening - but if I'm driving to the course and meeting up with friends to play, I want a full 18.

No. I don't even like playing less than 18.

If I lived on a course where it was quick and easy to sneak out, I could see just going out for a quick few holes in the evening - but if I'm driving to the course and meeting up with friends to play, I want a full 18.
Yes I definitely can see where someone who lives on a course sneaks out after dinner for a few holes

No,9 or 18.
Unless I was a member somewhere I am not paying full rate to only play 1/2 or less. If the weather is going to be that bad that finishing the round is impossible then I will probably wait for a better day.

I do it all the time at the local P&P. pop in for a few holes, head back to work.

Yes I definitely can see where someone who lives on a course sneaks out after dinner for a few holes
A friend lived right next to the 8th green on my old course. He didn't miss many putts on that green when we played. ;)

If I had a membership so it wasn’t costing me anything to play a shortened round I have no issue with it. The last time I had a membership I would swing by the course and just play 2 holes.

No not a fan. One possible exception is twilight golf

Maybe if I was a member of a country club, I wouldn’t mind playing a few holes and calling it quits. But since I’m paying for either 9 or 18 everytime I play, I want to get in what I paid for.

I do it all the time at the local P&P. pop in for a few holes, head back to work.
Like a quick hitter at lunch break? That is awesome.

As first with @ Tywithay

9 holes is the fast food of golf , you have it but it not nourishing.🤣🤣

And if that further reduced , regardless of the cause Well that’s not satisfying to anyone …

Much prefer the 18, even then some days you want more ) …

As an aside can never understand the reasons to rip round a course in Guinness book world record speed ..
If you enjoy it savour it )

Yes. But I’m a member at a club. In the summer, on weeknights after work, I often play 3 or 6 holes depending on time

This reminds me of the scene from Oh Brother Where Art Thou:

Delmar: Care for some gopher?

Everett: No thank you, Delmar. One third of a gopher would only arouse my appetite without bedding it down.

:ROFLMAO:

Yes. Any golf is always better than no golf.

No give me 18.’

Maybe if I was a member of a country club, I wouldn’t mind playing a few holes and calling it quits. But since I’m paying for either 9 or 18 everytime I play, I want to get in what I paid for.
Yeah, I wouldn't at all be down with paying for 9 or 18 and then playing 4 or 5 holes. Kinda like going to a steakhouse and ordering a big ribeye dinner, then leaving after you eat the salad and vegetables.

Back