Do you finish out your 3' or less putts or mark?

Weekend rounds with the kiddos, probably not unless they are for par or birdie. Always during league night.

Only in a match when I have to. Otherwise I'm in and out.

Unless it's for money or I'm going to step in someone's line in finishing out. I'm not serious enough these days to take that much time.

I generally just finish it that close. Pretty rare to ever mark something that close.

I like to finish out if possible

If it is a match and they haven’t given me the putt, I usually mark outside of 18”. Normal rounds, I usually finish anything inside 5’

As long as I’m not stepping in someone’s line, I’m finishing out.

finishing out doesnt mean ne has to rush the putt. Imo it should even be more than 3 feet and in fact I feel there should be a rule that once putting we should continue till holed. And the heck with lines too.

Nothing worse imo than being ready to putt as someone else further putts and misses (and you know they are not going to finish) but then as you are ready to pull the trigger they stop you cause they have to go pick up and mark. I mean if your not going to finish (and you ball is not in anyones line) then just let the other player go (if they are ready to pull the trigger). And then when they go finish out you can do whatever you want with your 3,4,or 5 ft antics as we all head to the next hole.

On the off chance that I land the ball within three feet, then I’ll mark it, clean it, and place it. But if it’s a follow up putt I’ll just try to tap in and go. If I was in tour or some big competition then maybe I’d approach this differently

I finish it out real quick. No point in taking any longer unless you have a big side hill putt, then it may be worth a longer look.

You're paying good money for the round, so you may as well get all your licks in.

Putt them all to completion........:sick:

I never play for money so I'm finishing out

I just finish out unless it’s a nasty little breaker.

Normally No I wouldn't mark it However at the World Am I marked a 4-6" putt multiple times.
Watching others 2 putt from 1 foot will do that too you.

Unless its for a bogey or worse

Normally just finish them. I don't line any of my putts up with a line on my ball though so it's rare I'll see a need to mark a 3 footer.

99.99999999999% of the time I'm finishing it. Only 3 circumstances where I won't.

1. I ask to finish it and I'm told no
2. If me finishing it puts me standing in someone's line to the cup.
3. If my mind isn't clear because I just blew a short putt already. 🤣🤣🤣

Before this year #3 happened a lot, now it's really low on that list.

Back