Do you follow players that are not on your team?

AndyL0711

I Need To Play Some Golf!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
pretty simple: do you follow/track players that are not on your team?

the baseball season started today and I was already clicking on the Angles game to see how Mike Trout was doing.

Last edited:
pretty simple: do you follow/track players that are not on our team?

the baseball season started today and I was already clicking on the Angles game to see how Mike Trout was doing.
Absolutely. Especially with fantasy sports.
But even without yes. For instance I always tried to watch Zack Greinke starts because they were just so fun to watch

I do in all sports. Big part is having them on fantasy teams, but end up following the Michigan men too.

Of course, we always follow players on our fantasy teams. I guess I'm asking more: Do you follow players you like who are not on your team?

If I am playing fantasy for sure, if not doing fantasy in that sport not as much.

I do in all sports. Big part is having them on fantasy teams, but end up following the Michigan men too.
But if they are on your fantasy team, aren't they just on your team so to speak?

To answer the question - no. Even if they are "on my team" I don't follow them closely. I don't give too much of my time to athletes, there are exceptions but I just don't dedicate enough to any of them. The kids I played college ball with, a little but none of us really "made it" anywhere so it didn't matter. One of those a couple played minors and a few oversea's but that was 2 decades ago.

not really much anymore. I used to, but more because I would watch baseball tonight every night and keep up with everything.

Follow is a strong word, I wouldn't say that I do. I watch the occasional sportscenter though so I know if someone is doing cool things

I love the game ,

I follow my team ,

I don’t specifically follow any players outside of my team but do appreciate their skill and ability and play

Also don’t get involved in any fantasy teams etc

In either case - No

Follow is a strong word, I wouldn't say that I do. I watch the occasional sportscenter though so I know if someone is doing cool things
You mentioned follow , being a strong word . We support / follow , footy teams or other sporting teams here … matter of fact , a position played in the game was a Follower ( for most of last century )

Your term of root for a team , has far different connotations here lol ….

As do culturally some other words and phrases )))

Sure. Players that played for my Teams and were fan favorites are fun to track across the league once the move on.

I'm a Braves fan, and I continually check in to see how Freddie Freeman is doing with the Dodgers.

Sure. Players that played for my Teams and were fan favorites are fun to track across the league once the move on.

I'm a Braves fan, and I continually check in to see how Freddie Freeman is doing with the Dodgers.
Freddie is another guy who i will look up almost every game to see how he is doing.

Only in the NFL. I pay some attention on some of the Packers, (Love) Chiefs, (Andy Reid) and Raiders players. (Crosby)

I don't follow the NBA at all. Not since Jordan, Chamberland, Kareem, Hayes, Magic, Kobe, Shaq, and Bird all left.

MLB is a lot like golf for me. I watch it for the defensive plays, and hitting. Golf I watch for the golf shots. Who hits the rbi, makes a play, or hits a great golf shot is not in my thoughts.

Yep. Not many good ones on my teams.

Was a huge Griffey Jr fan growing up when he was with Seattle. Luckily he came to my team after that but unluckily he was often injured.

I can’t think of a current player I follow that isn’t on one of my teams though

I will also follow players who were on "my team" and then left for free agency or trade. i know I will be following Rhys Hoskins this year. he was one of my favorite Phillies, hated to see him leave.

Yep, especially in the NBA. I actually think I follow players more than teams in the Association.

Back