Do you have a back up gamer ball? If so, what is it?

Nope, I don’t change. There are times I can use a ball for 4-5 rounds then there are times I lose 4-5 per round .... it all balances out so I stick w/ what I normally start with! That’s usually the Q-Star Tour.

Nope, I don't worry about losing golf balls anymore. Doesn't make me happy, but don't worry about them either.

My game is not good enough, yet, to have a main gamer. During this time of year I use "experienced" balls & have a wide variety of these. During the season when the grass is green there's not a lot of goose **** on the course I will break out new sleeve of which ever 1 grab out of the stock pile & use those until I lose them & then reach for the "experienced" balls in the bag.

I'm going to try to play only the Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow all year. If I was to choose a backup, probably Callaway ERC Yellow.

I'll play the Tour B RX without hesitation if my ball of choice wasn't available.

Snell MTB Black or Titleist AVX (prior version) are my back-ups to Bridgestone Tour B RX. I guess you could say that the Bridgestone B330-RX is also a back-up since I still have a lot of those.

I have a couple of sleeves of Q-Star Tour in my bag, just incase my swing becomes a dumpster fire...

Srixon Q Star would be my secondary ball. The Z Star would be my primary.

Echoed by many I also hate losing $4 balls. I don't have many of them, but i keep these "gamers" on hand when 1) i am playing really well and 2) I am playing with fun/good competition and 3) it's a nice course. 3) may seem odd but in my whack head losing a good ball on a good course feels better. Since no one pays me a dime to play anything i have a mix of gamers at the moment. From Tour B XS, TM TP5x, Snell MTX black, Pro V1x, to Srixon z star xv. Backup balls, that i still like, are WS Duo, Titleist Tour Soft, and OnCore Elixr (could be in gamer category too actually). When i go on my annual guys golf trip to Bama, where we play mostly scrambles on hilly hard courses when we are all swinging for the fences I can't have enough Slazengers or Pinnacles in my bag. ;)

My two balls are Snell Black and Q-Star Tour. I use both as they are pretty equal in my eyes. I do favor the Snell's yellow over the Q-Star. It's brighter and a more chartreuse in color.

Vice Pro plus as my 1st & 2nd choice ball. I have a few Pro v1 & Z stars but they tend to stay in the bag.

Usual ball is the Chromesoft X and I have some used Chromesoft X balls in my bag that I will pull out if my swing is off, but that is the only difference between my usual and back-up

My back up ball, is actually the next, new ball out of the bag. Same brand, and same model as the first one. It's a $2.00- $2.25 ball depending on where I purchase it.

For the most part, I don't want to be pitching, chipping, or putting with a different ball. I want the next ball up to play the way I expect it to play. .

Another plus is that I don't lose many balls anymore. Most of the time, the ball I walk to the first tee with, is the same ball I walk off the 18th green with.

Now back in the day, when I was much younger, I can still remember having two, or three range balls available to use around water, or other ball eating hazards..

This was an interesting read. I recall the days when this practice described me.

The majority posting in here are higher handicap players. Some folks play on that level for many years and thoroughly enjoy the game....kudos to you.

Others, however, are on their way to a single digit handicap and just aren't there yet. If you're in the second camp, I strongly suggest that when you're facing a carry over water, drop a brand spankin' new ball down and fairly strike it right over the hazard! There is a self-fulfilling prophecy to playing a scrub ball on a tough shot. Before you even swing, you've placed doubt in your head.

Be brave!

I will play a found ball if it’s a hole with a forced water carry, but otherwise I stick with the same ball during a round. If my swing starts going to crap, I change clubs instead of balls. A few shots with a 9i or PW in a row usually gets me back on track.

Kind of, sort of. Not really. Just too many golf balls to play. I plan to play the '20 Bridgestone Tour B X this season. I also have a dozen of the RX I will experiment upon. Early season I will play a variety of existing balls I have around (truvis Chrome Soft, truvis Chrome Soft X, yellow AVX (previous model), ZStar, ZStar XV).

If you are talking about the next ball in the sleeve then yes. If you are talking about that I have about 4 dozen different types of ball then yes. If you are talking about that if I feel the ball may get lost on the next shot then yes.

haha.

But really, I have almost 100% committed to just playing the same ball. The ProV1x or the new Bridgestone BXS. Leaning towards the B stone.

If you are talking about the next ball in the sleeve then yes. If you are talking about that I have about 4 dozen different types of ball then yes. If you are talking about that if I feel the ball may get lost on the next shot then yes.

haha.

haha. That sums up me well right there.

My backup is the left over ProV1x from the prior rounds that would have a few swings on them.

This is more geared towards those mid-cap to high-cap that have a swing that comes and goes like the postman.

Do you have a secondary ball to play when your swing is off and you don't want to lose a $4.00 golf ball? I play the Tour B RXS, but on those days where I am even more all over the course than usual I like to have a ball that if I lose it is less painful than losing an Tour B. I still want to play a good ball so I may put into play the e12, the Srixon Soft Feel or something along those lines until I correct the swing issue. I know I should stick with the same ball, but I after losing a couple I just can't stomach letting the trend continue so out comes the back up ball. I will say I am on a run where I have played 35 holes with the same ball and I had another before that where I went over 80 holes without losing one before losing 3 in a 6 hole stretch.

So, do you have a back up to your gamer ball or do you just stay with the gamer? If you have a backup what is it and what is your gamer?
What makes you think us mid handicappers don't have a game that " comes and goes like the postman"? I sure feel that way. That being said I generally stick with the same ball during a round no matter how I'm playing. It does lend itself to a time when I might try another ball altogether though the next round I play.

I like the Extra Soft ball as a back up or even as a practice ball. Under rated two piece ball with decent feel. When they run out, whatever used ball in the bottom of the golf bag. The top spot goes to a new QST for the summer and a new Soft Feel for the winter.

I always have a few "found" balls in the bag, so I will use one of those when deemed "Essential". :sneaky:

lately, my PRIMARY has been the soft feel (which is normally the back-up)...and the back-up has been the BX or new Pix TP5...

Back