Do You Know Your Angle Of Attack?

Not a clue and after 30 years of golf I should know!

The AOA is one of the most influential parts of the golf swing to determine where the ball will go and how far.
In general terms it is the direction the club head is moving when it makes impact with the golf ball. So when you are hitting a ball off the ground with your irons, negative AOA can lead to ball first contact. When hitting a ball off a tee, positive AOA is preferred to maximize distance.

Hope this helps.

Ah...gotcha. I still have no clue what mine would be, though.

Nope. It's not my fault, my country doesn't have a lot of swing monitors and those that are here I'm not sure are calibrated. I wish this wasn't the case. Anyway, that's the way it is. In terms of driving distance, I'm not the shortest one, but I'm not the longest one either.

Ah...gotcha. I still have no clue what mine would be, though.

Well, if you make it to a THP Event next year, we can find out for you. #RangeTimeFun

No idea what the numbers are but I know my irons need some work lol I'm too steep

yes, mine is not where I want it tobe . -2 to -5 , I hit down on the ball too much....six4three5 has put in some hours working with me to be at least at zero and trying to get it to +2, when I do hit the positive side I increase any where from 7 to 14 yards of carry, Jimmy has been a good coach getting me to adjust. when I hit it clean with +2 or + 3 it feels like no effort, everything is smooth, just have to work to get there every swing

i do not

No clue. I often plant the clubhead into the turf about 3" short of the ball, so probably something ridiculous like -50°.

I just looked back at the last time i was on a launch monitor(2013), it says angle of attack(°)average is 9.1. Im not sure if that is good or actually what it means?

,uch more negative than I'd like. Problem is, every time I 'fix' it to ge positive I lose accuracy like crazy. A good upward strike gains me 20 yards, but rarely hit it great.

No. Don't particularly care either.

On Trackman pretty consistent at +1.5 with driver.. They thought it was about right for my ball speed, spin and launch angle.. That testing was really eye opening. The data said to flatten A of A with short irons and wedge a bit Distance and spin became more controlled and consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back