Do you let it deflate you?

More so when I'm playing alone. When that happens, the only thing keeping me company is my thoughts. Put me in a group of Carolinian THPers and while I might get frustrated by a few shots, it doesn't linger.

I used to let poor rounds get me down, even into my 30's. Now, hit a bad shot or have a bad round I just laugh it off since even pros are capable of very wide variances in their scores. A pro capable of shooting 64 can also shoot a 74 and we complain when our score is just a few strokes higher than normal expecting a degree of consistency that pros can't even reach.

I hit the ball like donkey doo on Sunday and I am still "angry" over it.

I get more mad after the fact than during the round.

Oh, I definitely let it deflate me. What ever minuscule amount of confidence I may have is more fragile than an egg shell. One poor shot makes me think they're all gonna be terrible, while a string of good holes just makes me thing I'm due for a stinker.

I'm not really good so no. I get a lot more satisfaction out of the great shots I did. Even if it's just one drive, one iron shot, a nice wedge shot, and a putt. That's enough to get me through the day. Even on the worst rounds I have ever had, I still managed to have one of each that was good. Someday, I will have much better results but at this current time, I can't let it bother me when I don't play that much to begin with.

Yes. I played Saturday and shot a 81 at my home course ( its a par 70 ). I had 2 4 putts! I left the course that day and just felt like my game was so terrible. Well I got over it and went out yesterday with a positive attitude and just played golf. No worries, cares or expectations. Shot 1 under 69 with 4 birdies. Now I am flying high until the next bad round. LOL I feel like I am bi-polar when I play golf sometimes.

Depends on whether I did the work and practice to back up my game and keep it at the level I know I can play at.

Yeah...I get deflated. Especially if I've made progress as of late...Everything feels like a set back.

I'm a lot better about it than I used to be. I quit 10 years ago in part to frustration with playing poorly compared to my younger, more competitive self. So...I haven't quit yet and I keep showing up at the golf course. I feel like I have too many swing thoughts in my head at this point.

I'd just love to string together some good rounds and not be upset.

I get deflated, but I try to remind myself that golf is hard and there will always be ups and downs. If I am in a down trend then that means the up trend is in front of me!

I'm pretty deflated right now. After finishing off the handicap season strong, putting up some of my all time low scores and posting my lowest handicap....my past two rounds have been some of the worst I've played all year. My scores don't reflect it...but my rhythm is off, missing targets big time and couldn't get off the tee today. Drives were even ending up on the next fairway over...which I never did all year. Not a good feeling going into the off season. I want to keep grinding away at home on my skytrak...but am wondering if I should take some time off and not touch a club for a little while.

I'm pretty deflated right now. After finishing off the handicap season strong, putting up some of my all time low scores and posting my lowest handicap....my past two rounds have been some of the worst I've played all year. Rhythm is off, missing targets big time and couldn't get off the tee today. Drives were even ending up on the next fairway over...which I never did all year. Not a good feeling going into the off season. I want to keep grinding away at home on my skytrak...but am wondering if I should take some time off and not touch a club for a little while.
Hang in there man. I'm going through this myself and just trying to remember that it is a game and a hobby. No one is paying me to reach a certain goal. Put it up for a week, a month, whatever, and come back.

Golf is an emotional roller coaster from hole to hole for me. Unfortunately, I can have a lot of ups and downs in the same day/round.

Hang in there man. I'm going through this myself and just trying to remember that it is a game and a hobby. No one is paying me to reach a certain goal. Put it up for a week, a month, whatever, and come back.

Hit a couple balls today..and started to get my groove back. Closest shot was 10in from the hole...definitely helps to boost me a little. We'll see what swing shows up tomorrow though lol.

I started out poorly this morning with bogies on 4 of the first 6 holes. I felt like I had no swing. But I stayed upbeat and kept swinging the club. I made 3 bogies and birdie from the point forward. My partner had the same start but he let it get him down and played poorly the rest of the round. He stopped talking and just had a miserable time.

It's all how you allow it to affect you. Some don't do well and other let it slide off their backs. Life is too short for me to be bent on the golf course.

Kinda got deflated before we even went off today due to some drama I don't care to get into. But even though I played poorly, not having to deal with drama put it into perspective and we still enjoyed ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never.

I'm of the mindset that there's always the next round (some days that happens to be right after the round I finished, other times its weeks away).

It's a game, I don't have the time to put in that I need to in order to be consistent and shooting low scores. I recognize that. So I take the great rounds with the bad rounds and just enjoy the fact that I can play a game I really love.

I can let it get to me at times. Depends what's happening and who I'm playing with. If I'm out with others and I'm not playing well I just appreciate the game and enjoy the company. If I'm out myself I can let it get to me more, just because I think there is no one else to talk to so I over think some stuff. When I do let it get to me I usually get really focused on my swing technique for some reason. Its like in my mind that's the only thing that's wrong, when its probably more mental than anything that's wrong.

Back