Do you own a golf cart?

Hell yeah it is. @vintagebob has that one down pat. Those things are fun in a community like his.
It would be out of my price range then so I'll continue to sweat. Unless I could charge my buddies a few $ to ride with me.:unsure::ROFLMAO:

It would be out of my price range then so I'll continue to sweat. Unless I could charge my buddies a few $ to ride with me.:unsure::ROFLMAO:
They are more affordable than people think, but not entirely practical unless used for more than golf in my opinion. In a few areas in FL, they are very prominent as golf carts are used throughout communities.

I love this thread already. Someday I will have a cart. Someday. More pics please!!

tempImageJI2HNh.jpg

They are more affordable than people think, but not entirely practical unless used for more than golf in my opinion. In a few areas in FL, they are very prominent as golf carts are used throughout communities.
They are becoming more prevalent in our area. I think we will be making the switch in a few years to something more custom.

They are becoming more prevalent in our area. I think we will be making the switch in a few years to something more custom.
For Dell Webb

6A0A7C92-FF0C-499B-B6B6-8ECF582A67D3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Keep this thread going. In the market currently. Looking at a few used lithium powered carts. Year old ezgo if bought from dealer still carry a 3 year battery warranty. Nicely outfitted run about 11k. Tires wheels seats light kit. How’s that price compared to other areas of the country.

Had the new to me rxv out for 18 today. 30FF659F-368F-4C22-B8AD-65A54D2BDC32.jpeg

I have a 2014 Yamaha gas cart that I use on one of the courses I play.. Other course Im a member of you have to rent one of their carts each time you play ( or walk)

I live in a gated golf course community so, yes, I own a golf cart. It is way too convenient not to own one here. Right now it is undergoing some upgrades or I would post a picture. It is sitting on blocks in my garage at the moment.

Just bought a new golf cart today. 2022 EZGO Freedom TXT. Ordered new leaf springs and a rear seat since aftermarket parts are cheaper than buying from the dealer. We are members at a club about 30 minutes from my house but they don't allow outside carts. But their carts have the interactive screens in them and are incredible to use around the course for distances. They also automatically shut off if you get too close to the tee box or green. We live in a neighborhood where golf carts are allowed so we'll use it for afternoon rides and other activities. There is a few public courses that allow personal carts, so there's that. Eventually we hope to move to a community with a course and be able to use our cart more. It's a pretty good feeling owning one now.

Just bought a new golf cart today. 2022 EZGO Freedom TXT. Ordered new leaf springs and a rear seat since aftermarket parts are cheaper than buying from the dealer. We are members at a club about 30 minutes from my house but they don't allow outside carts. But their carts have the interactive screens in them and are incredible to use around the course for distances. They also automatically shut off if you get too close to the tee box or green. We live in a neighborhood where golf carts are allowed so we'll use it for afternoon rides and other activities. There is a few public courses that allow personal carts, so there's that. Eventually we hope to move to a community with a course and be able to use our cart more. It's a pretty good feeling owning one now.
We live 10 minutes from our course where we pay an annual cart fee. Since I pay that fee, the owner let's me use the course's carts whenever I want, or I can use my cart. The caveat is that I can't leave my cart there (which I don't want to do anyway). So, I haul it back and forth on my utility trailer. I love having my own cart when I play, especially in these days of viruses. The bride and I use our cart for riding in our neighborhood and for yard work around the house. I installed a hitch receiver that allows me to pull dump carts, a sprayer, a spreader, etc. with it.

New, simple ICON i20. Live 1.5 miles from the course. Street equipped and will hit a comfortable 30 mph to and from the course.

363b72a1605f829e67d8790650028bee.jpg
c2be7d0b2ee755368711e916982c99c2.jpg

3b82f17a5e6557c65aa2078a9a1edd0b.jpg
91994f1bff14e6fc6e1a373b0a6f2c7e.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love a cart for our place in FL. I'm not there enough (yet) to make it worthwhile. I would also worry about not using it enough to keep the batteries conditioned properly OR leaving it on a trickle charge and burning down the house when something goes haywire and i'm not there. One of the courses in our community has already had the cart barn burn down twice in 7 yrs. due to electrical/battery issues. :oops:

I'd love a cart for our place in FL. I'm not there enough (yet) to make it worthwhile. I would also worry about not using it enough to keep the batteries conditioned properly OR leaving it on a trickle charge and burning down the house when something goes haywire and i'm not there. One of the courses in our community has already had the cart barn burn down twice in 7 yrs. due to electrical/battery issues. :oops:

The newer lithium batteries don't suffer from some of the issues the lead acid ones do. You should be able to charge one of the newer ones, turn it off (not connected to the charger) and leave it. It should be good to go when you get there even if it sits for months at a time. Even if it isn't, they charge back up pretty quickly and last significantly longer than the lead acid type.

So no excuses.....go waste some money on one like the rest of us! :p

We have a Club Car Onward LiOn (lithium). I’ll add pics later.

The newer lithium batteries don't suffer from some of the issues the lead acid ones do. You should be able to charge one of the newer ones, turn it off (not connected to the charger) and leave it. It should be good to go when you get there even if it sits for months at a time. Even if it isn't, they charge back up pretty quickly and last significantly longer than the lead acid type.

So no excuses.....go waste some money on one like the rest of us! :p
I can't wait to pull the trigger on one of these things!! Probably need to wait another year... still working on some interior furnishings, among them the guest bedrooms. I keep telling my wife "priorites here" but for some reason a habitable guest room is higher on her list than a golf cart... I just don't get it.... :D

One thing i'll probably need... the front end will be that of a scaled down '69 Dodge charger so that my wife and I can slide across the hood as needed... dukes of hazzard-style... That's a very important capability on the golf course, from what i understand. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back