Do you play mostly one course, or spread it around?

I play the majority of my golf at either Cog Hill or Ruffled Feathers. Otherwise I try to spread it around a bit.

The pain of suburban Chicago.

Now that I live quite close to one of the munis in Cleveland that really needs the money, I'll likely play most of my rounds there. Used to travel quite a bit for my weekend rounds though.

For those that choose one course or two courses... How do you keep it "fresh" on your course? Does it get old?
I do enjoy the freshness of playing other courses, but don't mind playing my home course a lot. It's not the greatest course, but it's not terrible either, and I like the familiarity with it.

I lived in southern California for much of my life, and didn't really have a home course there - we played different courses all the time. We had 10-15 courses within a half hour drive or less, and if you expanded out to an hour drive there were probably at least another 15-20 courses.

I do enjoy the freshness of playing other courses, but don't mind playing my home course a lot. It's not the greatest course, but it's not terrible either, and I like the familiarity with it.

I lived in southern California for much of my life, and didn't really have a home course there - we played different courses all the time. We had 10-15 courses within a half hour drive or less, and if you expanded out to an hour drive there were probably at least another 15-20 courses.
Share the sentiment. I found some courses that are within 20 mins, one is easy walking and the other is and spread out, but still walked (shed some pounds). Not the best but price and distance make it 💯😉

50 percent at my home course, the rest spread between 6 or 7 other courses. Living here I have a plethora of courses to choose from. Usually Jan and Feb we'll play the high end courses because they have really discounted rates for locals.

Share the sentiment. I found some courses that are within 20 mins, one is easy walking and the other is and spread out, but still walked (shed some pounds). Not the best but price and distance make it 💯😉
We only have two other courses in town, and one of them is a 9-hole executive course. There are 7 or 8 more courses that are all about an hour drive.

We only have two other courses in town, and one of them is a 9-hole executive course. There are 7 or 8 more courses that are all about an hour drive.
Blessed with options. Usually a golf now, but got a 4 course card where price was great

I usually play a few different courses. I am trying to join a club though and if things work out I will mostly play there.

Now that I live quite close to one of the munis in Cleveland that really needs the money, I'll likely play most of my rounds there. Used to travel quite a bit for my weekend rounds though.

There are many courses in IL I haven’t played.

What courses in CLE?
Let's tee it up

I’m a member of a club so I play most of my rounds there. I probably play 10-15 rounds at other courses throughout the year.

I was trying to spread it around tomorrow, but I think I'm going to have to sneak onto my old home club before they're open or not get out at all. Crazy busy, even here.

It looks like since I started putting my stats on thegrint I've played 34 rounds at that home course, and 39 rounds at 11 other courses.

There are many courses in IL I haven’t played.
Lots of good ones! I must say I am jealous that you get to play Cog Hill regularly. Any of the courses was a treat for me just because of the drive over.

What courses in CLE?
Let's tee it up
Now that its 5 minutes from home, Highland Park, and they need the money. I like playing the metroparks courses too, Manakiki especially.

Lots of good ones! I must say I am jealous that you get to play Cog Hill regularly. Any of the courses was a treat for me just because of the drive over.
I just wish it wasn’t so darn expensive.

There are about five courses I play on. I like the variety of the surroundings. They round out my game because I have to hit different shots (especially around the green) and make different decisions on each one.

IMO, a handicap of X is much more meaningful if it is established on a variety of courses than on just one or two.

Back