Do you play mostly one course, or spread it around?

I have about a 20-25 course rotation in PHX. I play most rounds at Southern Dunes and Whirlwind as they are closer but get to most of the rotation at least once a year.

Wekopa (2), Southern Dunes, Whirlwind (2), TPC (2), Troon North (2), Bear Creek, Power Ranch, Camelback (2), Raven, Legacy, Verado (2), Estrella, Longbow, Papago, Wickenburg Ranch, Talking Stick (2) are the ones off the top of my head.
I'm excited for our league match at Whirlwind. I've never played that track before. I REALLY need to get down and play We-Ko-Pa before the summer is over and the rates go back through the roof, also.

As the title says. Do you have a home course where you play most of your golf, or are you a "nomad"?

I play close to 200 rounds a seasons...not this one though, lol...and I play 99% of my rounds at my home course. It's unlimited golf (not to mention a grass range, a pitching range, a gym memberships, bunker complex, putting greens, no food/drink minimum), for $205 a month. So it's hard to justify playing anywhere else and spending the money. Though I wouldn't mind a bit more variety. My home course is littered with hazards, narrow fairways, not much rough, small greens, and the rough at the left and right side of the hazards bounce the ball toward a hazard. When I do play anywhere else, the fairways seem impossibly wide.

I play close to 200 rounds a seasons...not this one though, lol...and I play 99% of my rounds at my home course. It's unlimited golf (not to mention a grass range, a pitching range, a gym memberships, bunker complex, putting greens, no food/drink minimum), for $205 a month. So it's hard to justify playing anywhere else and spending the money. Though I wouldn't mind a bit more variety. My home course is littered with hazards, narrow fairways, not much rough, small greens, and the rough at the left and right side of the hazards bounce the ball toward a hazard. When I do play anywhere else, the fairways seem impossibly wide.
This sounds exactly like my home course. I go out of town and play (mostly lately) with @oumagic, @mtbloco, and @Wildcat4life at courses that are rated significantly tougher than my home course and I almost always beat my home course average at those courses because the fairways aren't bowling lanes. I have no idea how my home course is sloped and rated lower than some of these courses. It's freaking brutal on some of those holes.

I mainly play 2 different courses, but with Covid I have branched out a bit since one of my usual is not open at this time.

Cost also comes into play here for me. The 2 courses I usually play are $15-20 per round with cart. Makes it hard to go elsewhere that are $45+ per round.

I play at about 8 courses regularly. The same course over and over wears me down.

I play at about 8 courses regularly. The same course over and over wears me down.
The only thing that saves me from that is that even though I'm playing the same course over and over, I'm constantly discovering new parts of it, new angles and new lies thanks to my inconsistent game.

About 85% of my rounds are at the same course, but really enjoy getting out to play other courses when I can.

Spread it around. I play half my rounds local and a handful of courses and the other half traveling for work or vacation

I'm excited for our league match at Whirlwind. I've never played that track before. I REALLY need to get down and play We-Ko-Pa before the summer is over and the rates go back through the roof, also.
Whenever you want to play wekopa letme know and I will join you

I tend to try to spread it around, I do have a pretty regular rotation though.

Have 3 courses here, 1 is a 27 hole, that I mainly play with a 4 in the mix & a couple of others about 45 min away. Mostly it all depends on who I'm playing with & the cost.

I used to only play just my main course but now I’m traveling out exploring many others. But free golf is hard to pass up

Mostly one course. Splinkle in some one off courses each season. I like to go to Bethpage Black at least once a season.

Bounce between 5 local courses for 95% and 3-4 more random when out with THP locals.

I play the majority of my golf at either Cog Hill or Ruffled Feathers. Otherwise I try to spread it around a bit.

Give me variety...I like playing different courses. Have 8 within 1/2 hr. of my home.

I have a home 9 hole course and a home executive course that I play most of the time. Mainly because it takes much less time to play them. Then I have 2 other semi regular courses that I play infrequently.

The league I play in on Saturdays is a round robin travel league. You can't play same the course twice for points. Out of 22 weeks, I'll usually play 18-20 of them which each is a different course. Add in 5 tournaments plus friendly rounds, and I'll probably 25 or so different courses during the course of a season.

Have three I play regularly. Keeps it fresh. Funnily our home course is the one I care for the least, but the old bird is getting some bite back after the first phase of renovation.

I tend to play one main course and then a few randoms over the summer. I like knowing a course inside and out.

For those that choose one course or two courses... How do you keep it "fresh" on your course? Does it get old?

Tweener. There are two courses close by and when I can only take part of the day to play, I'll go to one of those two. That happens with my job quite a bit. But when I can truly get a day off I'll try to mix in other courses. Between that and a traveling club I belong to I'll get around to about 15-20 different courses a year.

Usually same one or two, but I mix it up between a total of 4 on occasion.

I play all the City of LA munis (there are a lot) and then sometimes go upscale at the area Daily fees like Trump National, Sand Canyon and Angeles National...

Back