Do you play the same grips on all your swing clubs?

M2Giles

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish
Simple question.

Do you play the same grip on all your swing clubs (Driver through Wedge)?

Or do you mix things up?

Same. Align red and grey. Really like them so far.

Yes I want consistent feel throughout the set. The only one that sometimes I would have different is driver and that's because of switching shafts to something else other than stock.

The same. MCC+4 std. I might vary the color.

I have always been comfortable with the GP Tour Wraps for my woods and then the GP Tour Velvets for all of my irons. Anyone else out there use different grips for woods and irons?

I have always been comfortable with the GP Tour Wraps for my woods and then the GP Tour Velvets for all of my irons. Anyone else out there use different grips for woods and irons?

That's kinda the situation that prompted me to ask the question. Tommy Fleetwood does something similar. Blue tour velvet cord in his woods, iomic sticky in his irons, and black TV cord in wedges.

I know some people like a different color grip for irons, woods, and wedges to help change their mindset. To me it's all fascinating since I generally try to have all the same grip unless I'm in the middle of a transition.

That's kinda the situation that prompted me to ask the question. Tommy Fleetwood does something similar. Blue tour velvet cord in his woods, iomic sticky in his irons, and black TV cord in wedges.

I know some people like a different color grip for irons, woods, and wedges to help change their mindset. To me it's all fascinating since I generally try to have all the same grip unless I'm in the middle of a transition.

The transition of clubs is what prompted me to do this. My irons came with a stock TaylorMade grip that was essentially a Tour Velvet. When I bought my driver and 3 wood, they both were the GP Tour Wrap. So when I re gripped this year for the first time in 4 years, I decided to stick with the Tour Velvet on my irons and go with the Tour Wraps on my Driver, 3 wood, and 3 hybrid. So far so good, but we will see how things pan out long term 😬

I have oversized lamkin grips on my irons, whatever came stock on my driver and woods and I like the gold pride wraps on my wedges.
The change in grips hasn't really bothered me much but would like the size to be closer.
For my new Mizuno irons (Thanks Budget Golf!!!) I went with the golf pride mcc +4 midsize. I think i would want to get the woods regripped to match but leave the wedges with the standard golf pride wraps. I really like the thinner wrap on my wedges.

Sometimes. I like to try new release grips a few times a year and often one of them will go on my 3 wood or driver. Right now they are all Sonar Tours except my driver that has a Lamkin Wrap Tech which was a grip I used on all my clubs until last fall.

All the grips on all my clubs except for my putter are exactly the same. They are of a generic variety.

The only reason my current putter's grip is not the same is the added shaft counter weight is needed to balance out the heavy putter head.

Yes, I went with the same grips on all my club other than my putter.

I went with CP2 Pro grips for this season - Stiil have to get my U85 done...I don’t wear a glove so the tacky feel is a bonus besides the fit. Driver gets a standard size. I feel I get a better release with a standard size grip on that one. Right now it’s a crossline....

I try to keep them the same or similar

Internet clubs golf pride MCC on woods and wedges and Winn on irons

All same from driver down to 58° wedge - Winn Dri-Tac oversize.

Full cord on driver - PW and hybrid (half cord) grips on other 3 wedges.

Wedges are the only clubs that don't have the MCCs on them. I have replacement grips but I've just never put them on yet lol

Currently yes but I may go back to a Softer feeling grip in the wedges. Feel like the softer grip gives me a bit more feel with those finesse shots.

I'm all over the place with grips at the moment due to "like new to me" clubs mostly and playing with what they came with.

Driver- just trying the Golf Pride ZGrip Cord-very firm
3 wood-got that free Lamkin grip deal Sonar+ installed-not my favorite so far
Hybrids-2019 Berthas came with Lamkin Z5 Genesis grips-feels good
Irons-CF19s came with GP Tour Velvets- kinda rough on my gloveless hand
Wedges- Tour Velvet and a Lamkin Crossline

My favorites are just the standard Crossline. Nice on my hands.

I usually play a softer grip on my driver.

Same grips on all clubs but the putter.

MCC Plus 4

This is the first season in years that I haven't played MCC+4, I'm going with CP2 Pros right now and so far I'm pleased with them

Lamkin UTx on Driver , 3wood & Hybrid
Lamkin Ace 3gen on Irons and wedges .
Limited masters green on driver , Blue on woods and Irons, Red on Wedges, wedges are built up a little more.

Back