Do you play what is best for you, or your favorite brand?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Interesting question here, because it can be the same, or, it could not be.

Are you one who plays what works best over all else, or do you side with a brand you know and enjoy above all else?

I’ve been a Cobra fan for a long time. In 30 years I’ve only played a few other brands for short periods of time. I’ll still look at Cobra fondly but the bag may very well change make up soon.

I play my favorite brand and it also happens to be pretty good for me

Whatever works best. I just swapped out a set XXIO12 22* 5 iron for a Mavrik Max 22* 4 iron. After a season of using the 5 iron I went back to the 4 iron and it was more consistent off the fairway. I can consistently launch the Mavrik Max in the air.

I play a mix of wedges. Callaway, Ping, Vokey, and XXIO.

I play familiar brands that I trust that are also what I consider to be reasonably priced.

No favoritism here.

Don't really know if I have a favorite brand, but I don't know if I could lean in that hard and ignore performance from another source.

I play clubs from brands I like but honestly have no clue if they are best for me or not.

I naturally lean towards the best for me, but I have brand favoritism within that. And they do happen to have some stuff that's best for me. It's a collaboration. Top and bottom of the bag are often the toughest.

I play my favorite. I’m very happy with it.

I play my favorite brand and it also happens to be pretty good for me
Staffers have to play the OEMs clubs. Lol

I have preferences. But I do try to do the best thing for my game. I don’t think I always am successful though. I have made bad choices because of eye candy and wishful thinking.

I play what works. Right now there are 6 brands in my bag for sim golf tomorrow night, and Saturdays leaf kicker challenge.
Titleist driver
TM mini driver
Ping 5,7,9 wood
Callaway Apex DCB 6-AW
Cleveland CBX Zip 54⁰ mid
Vokey SM 8 58-10 S
Mizuno M-Craft III
No brand fanboy here. Lol

What's best for me. For example I love Callaway and always have, but for whatever reason their drivers (and only drivers) have never worked well for me.

It's likely it could all be in my head, but I switched to a TSR2 towards the end of this year and it was like flipping a switch. Everything just felt better.

I play what's best for me from a set of preferred brands that have products I find aesthetically pleasing.

A bit of a mouthful and may make me sound picky, but I'm content enough with what I have and feel that there is enough good stuff out there that I can be selective.

Now if some tech breakthrough occurs that's a complete game changer for me I'll do a 180 that'll make mad dog proud.

What’s best for me. Wasn’t always that way and I probably would never have been playing Taylor made irons, and certainly not a Ping driver 10 or so years ago.

Combination of both, I was fitted into about half of my clubs and took brand consideration/club head shape as well as launch monitor numbers into consideration for everything else (self-fit).

Driver i play what worked the best on monitors.

Putter i play what is inexpensive and feels decent.

Irons...well here i have a problem. I am currently bagging Mizuno 223's at a 26 handicap. Ridiculous by all counts but my goodness are they hot looking and feel SOOOOO good when flushed. Also have 425's but truth is if i'm hitting irons well it doesn't seem to matter which set i have in the bag. And if i'm hitting them poorly....same deal.

Favorite brand. It works for me. Besides I had several conversations a couple of weeks ago with the guy who designed the clubs. The conversations were about which clubs work best for me. I’m confident that what I have in the bag or what I would play otherwise would be best for me.

Will play what is best for me in the end, but definitely give the first shot to brands that are my favorite and engage with THP in some way.

I have Ping/Cobra/Cleveland and ENVROLL. So I def use what’s best for me. All about gapping really. But they do match in sections of the bag.

Mostly I have a favorite brand I play, but I do think they also fit me well. I don't know if it's the "best" b/c I honestly don't compare much with other brands. Exception for me being putter, where I'll try and use the one I feel fits me best, regardless of brand.

Whatever works best. I mean I had my Zings since new, tried i210s and tried Srixon. Hello ZX5

Back