Do You Regrip Your Own Clubs?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have some fun regripping content coming up, so I wanted to ask THPers.

Do you do the work yourself? If so, describe your setup?

Full blown station? Kitchen sink?

I do the work myself. I regrip in one bay of my regular shop where I do all sorts of other things.

Full benche with vice, shaft clamps, sanding, polishing, cutting, grip removal tool, grip cutter, air if needed, various solvents, drip pan, box full of grips, towels, and large roll of grip tape. The way I have it laid out, if I need to move the whole thing in minutes, I can.

I have a work bench in the garage that I has a vice on one corner as well as a jig to hold the irons in place. I use the vice and a rubber clamp for woods.
Tools stored on the bench, utility knives (one straight and one hook blade), sand paper, polishing cloth, squeeze bottle of mineral spirits, Grip Tape and Ruler.
Air compressor fits nicely under the bench when I decide to use that method,

Yup. I use my workbench with a catch pan for the solvent.

Last edited:
I have the full setup. Workbench, vise, air compessor, and a blow gun. Not much else is needed really. Love that I can do the work myself instead of paying people to do it for me.

Yes.

I use an air compressor. Does not work as well with Cobra Connect grips as solvent.

Will get a setup when we move.

I do it on my desk for work haha.

Attachments

• 6010E374-843A-4498-A3D0-7C5B27C7ECF6.jpeg
    6010E374-843A-4498-A3D0-7C5B27C7ECF6.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 03B377A2-6CC2-4803-8EC0-5E9038CC1C83.jpeg
    03B377A2-6CC2-4803-8EC0-5E9038CC1C83.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 67
Yes. I have a vice to hold the clubs and I've used both air and solvent to apply grips. Just caught the extra solvent in a pan.

I have in the past paid to have clubs regripped but not in recent years. Don't know of any place convenient where I'd trust them to do a good job.

No equipment. Hook knife, roll of 3/4" grip tape, bottle of Ronsinol (naphtha).

I use a 24" steel ruler to make sure they are on straight and a pair of calipers to check the finished diameter. I also keep a roll of 0.015 per wrap build-up tape but seldom need it.

I do my own. usually Use solvent sometimes air compressor. No fancy set up though I’m looking to get some more tools and get deeper into it

I do it myself. I have a hook knife and a sink, that's it. I switch to the odorless solution so my wife wouldn't complain about the smell. A couple of old golf towels to help with wiping down the clubs and I am good to go.

I have it done.

Full on DIY in the garage.

IMG_3742 2.JPG

I re-grip mine in my garage with just a paint pan underneath to catch the solvent. Best advice I ever got was not to be afraid using that solvent, makes everything slide on so much easier.

Yep once a year on average (along with clubs for others here and there).

Workbench in the basement - meaning the floor catches lots of my mineral spirits :)

Actually just did my entire set. Moved to midsize. I have a club clamp that mounts to my vise on the garage workbench. I usually strip the clubs ahead of time while I'm watching TV or sitting on a work call that I don't have to talk on. Then put on the tape & grips using the vise setup. I tried air a few times but honestly have been just using solvent for the most part. Certainly a little slower, but works just fine.

I do.

I use a mitchell grip station. I use paint thinner and double sided tape..

I do my own regripping! I have a work bench in the garage.

Yes. Put mine on typically sitting on the garage floor. lol

I do. I use Pure grips, so I have their grip attachment. I can re-grip the entire bag in 15 - 20 minutes or less.

Back