• Once a week

• Every other week

• Once a month

• When it rains

Results are only viewable after voting.

TCB2010

How good do the HMB’s look?!
Reaction score
My answer is once a week I wash both cars. Just curious how important this is to others.

I wash it very little. I call it “character” for my car :LOL: I should wash it more but that’s just one thing I never get around to as often as I should. The inside is super clean though!

I never wash my car. I drive about 30,000 miles a year and my car is pure utilitarian. My wife has the luxury sled in the family. I do maintain my car meticulously though and I hardly ever have a mechanical issue.

In the last two weeks I've washed it 3 times even though I've only driven about 10 miles. :rolleyes::rolleyes:We get a lot of tree pollen this time of year and it turns my white car yellow.

I rarely wash our cars. My subi is beyond dirty right now. I haven't seen the rear license plate for months. :rolleyes:

I used to be a car/truck person. One day I realized they were depreciating transportation assets. I buy cheap and keep them as long as I can. Rains do a good enough job of washing. :D

Less than once a month for me.

Coming from a paint/autobody lineage, it's ingrained in me. When I had my Trans Am and Vette it was a weekly thing. Now with my truck, it's a monthly thing. Just knocked it out this week. 20200402_183513.jpg
20200402_183457.jpg

When I drove my company car living in California only about once every two weeks. Now I have an unlimited car wash membership so more like twice a week when needed or once a week when we don't have a bunch of salt on the roads. For the exterior, it only takes about 5 minutes to drive it through and have them hand dry it at the end. It's on the way to my daughter's school so I will normally do it right after I drop her off at 7:45 am.

A couple of times a year I'll do a full detail including solvent removal of sap/tar, clay bar, polish, wax and even sanding and compounding spots if necessary. I worked for 3M in the refinish automotive field for a couple of decades so I have all the tools and products for it. I can color sand and polish a black car with the best of them but I'm glad I no longer have to train others how to do it correctly. Buffing and detailing our boats are actually therapeutic for me.

Last edited:
I try once every couple weeks in the winter (if it’s warm enough) to keep the salt and crud away. Otherwise it’s once/month or as needed if it’s really grimy for whatever reason.

I’m a once a week guy, unless it’s just a streak of sh***y rainy weather then it’s not worth it.

I voted when it rains, but only because "when I take a notion" wasn't an option. I'll wash them once in a while, but I don't have a set schedule.

Do I personally wash my car, no. However there is a great car wash here I use once a month, more during spring pollen season. Love going to the car wash and have them get all the course grass out of the back and under the driver's seat.

I always drove junkers my whole life until I really needed a decent car for work that is reliable and looks semi presentable lol I got a $20/mo carwash package that is great and I will go once or twice a week to fully get my moneys worth with the package. Love that clean car smell that comes through the vents! Tire shine is a must after the wash too 💪

I’ve been a clean card member at Waterway since 2009. It’s the best $500 I spend every year. People still think my truck is new.

I wash them when needed, and when it’s not going to be pointless. Between March and May it’s pointless up here when the freeze, thaw, precipitation cycles mix with all the gravel and sand used during winter.

We've recently moved to an apartment in Kingwood, TX. Our particular building is nestled among many oak and other hardwoods. Holy crap, the pollen and other junk that falls on our car makes a mess. So do the many birds that are in those trees...

Once a week.

I'm about twice month. I use detail spray, or a waterless wash spray in between. As long as I'm not going through mud, or its not raining , i can keep it pretty clean without a full wash. Every spring I do a deep clean, then a full detail on both cars, inside and out. Just about time for that.

I take it through the car wash when it gets to the point that I'm embarrassed to be seen in it.

I used to wash my car religiously...now, it just cakes up till I absolutely can't stand it and my kids have drawn dicks all over it 😑

I used to detail the living daylights out my car back home. Twice a year it would get a full 2 day detail.Now I’m over here and with kids, maybe once a month. I’ve even been known to stick it through the car wash which I would never have even contemplated 10 years ago.

Honestly I rarely wash my vehicles. It is funny this popped up today though because I washed my truck and the wife came home right as I finished so I washed her car too while the truck was drying. I then pulled the truck in to the shade and waxed it. The wife’s did not qualify for a wax though haha

I just washed mine and my wife’s cars today.

I used to wash my car regularly. Then one day I visited my wife in the hospital after surgery. Some jack wagon parked next to my car and they scraped the paint on the rocker panel down to the primer. My car lost its luster and I stopped washing it regularly.

To top it off there are 2 trim rails on the roof... cheesy chrome that was covered by black paint or some such. It’s peeled off and looks atrocious. When I replace the car it will be washed regularly.

I maintain it mechanically... check the oil and change it periodically.

My wife’s car gets washed often... she makes my son do it.:ROFLMAO:

Other than to remove some of the salt during the winter, I’m not big on washing my car., I tend to rely on nature to assist me:

Back