Do you wash your car?

How often do you wash your car?

• Once a week

• Every other week

• Once a month

• When it rains

Results are only viewable after voting.
Usually wash them both once a month. Has been weekly the last 3 weeks because of pollen and boredom.

I used to be the guy that washed his car only 4-5 times a year. I learned my lesson the hard way when I started buying cars for the long haul. I bought a 4-year old car that I had until year 20. By then the clear coat and lot of the paint was oxidized or gone. I'm meticulous now. I scoured the Internet for information on washing a car from detailers, manufacturers and independent product reviews.

My protocol includes getting as much of the dirt off with a spray wash. I only use top rated products. Only microfiber towels and gloves touch the car and then with no pressure and only straight forward and back, never in a circle. Wash and rinse a section at a time. I have a wash bucket and a glove rinse bucket. Both have grates in the bottom so any dirt sinks to the bottom and is kept away from the glove. We've got a compressor and nozzle so after a good rinse I can blow off most of the water as well as getting it out of the cracks and crevasses. Then use microfiber towels (again without pressure) to finish the exterior.

Every time I wash the car I also vacuum, clean and condition the interior.

Once we get to Aprilish I’m a once a week guy....Ohio doesn’t cooperate and nothing worse for me than laying down a nice shine only to get rained on.

I voted once a month, but it's not that common I doubt.

I only put on about 5k a year on the car.
I put maybe 2k on our jeep yearly. I live less than 1 minute from my work. Seriously lol

I put maybe 2k on our jeep yearly. I live less than 1 minute from my work. Seriously lol
I work out of the house, and it's glorious.

That said, I do tend to neglect the car because of it, and that's not cool. Washing the car is a nice break from the crazy.

When I drove my company car living in California only about once every two weeks. Now I have an unlimited car wash membership so more like twice a week when needed or once a week when we don't have a bunch of salt on the roads. For the exterior, it only takes about 5 minutes to drive it through and have them hand dry it at the end. It's on the way to my daughter's school so I will normally do it right after I drop her off at 7:45 am.

A couple of times a year I'll do a full detail including solvent removal of sap/tar, clay bar, polish, wax and even sanding and compounding spots if necessary. I worked for 3M in the refinish automotive field for a couple of decades so I have all the tools and products for it. I can color sand and polish a black car with the best of them but I'm glad I no longer have to train others how to do it correctly. Buffing and detailing our boats are actually therapeutic for me.
I work in the office of the best body shop in the area. So the second part of your reply, I understand.

I always drove junkers my whole life until I really needed a decent car for work that is reliable and looks semi presentable lol I got a $20/mo carwash package that is great and I will go once or twice a week to fully get my moneys worth with the package. Love that clean car smell that comes through the vents! Tire shine is a must after the wash too 💪
Sgt. Clean?

I was my car about once a week. It's a self gratification item that gives me a good feeling similar to cleaning clubs or cutting nice lines in the lawn. The 2nd best part is the comment from multiple neighbors, "hey looking good, I'll bring mine over next while you have all the supplies out!"
🙄🙄🙄

Also use waterless after a rain or instances like this where it might be dust.

Hand wash? Not in years.

I'll hit the car wash every few weeks. But because I don't drive much and it's garage kept, it pretty much always looks clean.

Except for the last 3 weeks though, gotta admit. We just had a new concrete driveway installed, gave it extra time to dry/cure (watered everyday to make it stronger!) right smack in the middle of NC pine pollen season.

My poor (black, so it really shows) Suburban looked like one of those 50 year old barn finds, it was so darned filthy.

Cut the yellow caution tape across the driveway and headed straight for the car wash. Clean and in the garage ever since.

Sgt. Clean?

I was my car about once a week. It's a self gratification item that gives me a good feeling similar to cleaning clubs or cutting nice lines in the lawn. The 2nd best part is the comment from multiple neighbors, "hey looking good, I'll bring mine over next while you have all the supplies out!"
🙄🙄🙄

The new waterless wax/ceramic cleaners are so good. Spending the money for a quality detailing with a certified ceramics installer goes a long way. Some give year and longer warranties.

12.99 unlimited exterior wash with self serve vacuums. I go a few times a week as I pass by. Use the vacuums every once in awhile.

When I was single it used to be a weekly routine with wax monthly, now (20+ years later) it has become more of a monthly thing.

I voted when it rains, but only because "when I take a notion" wasn't an option. I'll wash them once in a while, but I don't have a set schedule.
This is me. It's generally just when I look at it and say "This needs to be washed" I put it on my to do list, but only do it if I am put and it's nice outside. No need to lean it when it's going to rain for a week 😂

Me and another couple of guys share in a daily premium wash at a car wash down the street from the office, works out to $2.75/wash normally over $12.00. Was quite nice as both my cars got washed weekly and saved me probably 3 hours minimum weekly doing by hand at home. Last year was the first year we did this but now working from home we haven’t started back up on it.

Now that quarantined at home for probably another month or 2 and no golf, I’ll probably get into a weekly routine depending on weather. Actually yesterday gave my car a good scrub and waxed the entire vehicle. Next on the list is my wife’s car but being white, usually takes me twice as long as some compounding required to remove road crap.

Sgt. Clean?

🙄🙄🙄

Yup! They closed Splash N' Dash and Sgt. Clean came in. They have all state of the art stuff. It is not touch-less anymore, but wow does it do a good job.

Completely agree with your self gratification comment. There is nothing better than perfect lines after a fresh mow :love:

Yup! They closed Splash N' Dash and Sgt. Clean came in. They have all state of the art stuff. It is not touch-less anymore, but wow does it do a good job.

Completely agree with your self gratification comment. There is nothing better than perfect lines after a fresh mow :love:

We have to get a round when all this breaks free.. maybe rain tree? I checked that one out while visiting family. I know the owner aka actual Sgt. Clean, nice guy, great family and former marine. Good business model that takes care of people.

We have to get a round when all this breaks free.. maybe rain tree? I checked that one out while visiting family. I know the owner aka actual Sgt. Clean, nice guy, great family and former marine. Good business model that takes care of people.

Yes for sure. Raintree would be good, or TurkeyFoot. I can come farther North too. Have not played the Cle Metroparks courses in quite a while.

That is awesome you know the owner. I have noticed that about their business, staff is very warm and welcoming with great service. Ran extremely well from what I have experienced thus far.

I love to wash my car myself. Weather permitting I wash it once a week, so I end up washing it like 6 times a year haha. I like the tires to be nice and shiny too.

I wash mine when birds poop on it but other than that, it usually gets washed when it rains. Thats why I always pick a color car that doesnt tend to show the dirt. No white or black for me.
My current car is kind of a steel grey color. Even when its filthy, it doesnt really look that dirty.

I do like to wash our cars, but I always pick a time when a day or two later it rains. :dohanim:

Once a week unless it is monsoon season here. Then I wait it out

Twice a week for me.

There's a Rocket Wash with $20 unlimited next to my wife's hospital.

I drive her to and from work, she works 2 nights a week. Free vacuum when it needs it

Having washed my and my wife's car this weekend, I drove my truck this morning to work. The one with the damaged clear coat on the hood and roof. Thanks Nissan. Your paint sucks.

I didn't notice but the windows have pollen all over them under the window shades... it needs a bath now too.

I wash my old truck when it absolutely needs it, but my wife on the other hand will wash here car at least every 2 weeks. When I get a newer truck then I will probably wash it more.

Normally my truck gets washed when it rains... but the pollen collected in spots the rain won't reach.:(

Back