Does Ball Number Matter?

No but definitely nothing higher than 4 unless is 60’s or 70’s.

I've never really worried about it. I do have some Asian friends who will not play a #4.

Number 2 or bust.

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Isn’t it obvious?
IMG_0539.jpeg

I like 2 and 3 the most but I won’t, not play a ball if it’s not those two

There was a period of time where I couldn't play with a #4 ball. Now it doesn't matter.

Not at all. As long as it’s not a 4

Nah…. Whatever number finds its way into my hand is what gets used.

I have a buddy who only plays one particular number on his ball. (He orders them) Keeps a couple other numbers in the bag for provisionals and such.

I've never really worried about it. I do have some Asian friends who will not play a #4.
There is a legit reason for that. Did they ever explain why? It is the same reason there are no 4th floors in China.

When I used to buy sleeves of balls, they were always #1. However, now it doean't matter what number is on the ball

No. But yes it does....sometimes.

For a strange reason, I shy away from the number 4. I have no clue why. its irrational. I tend to use the on days that I know I have a high likelihood of losing golf balls.

I don't like 4s - fore! but otherwise don't care

No. That being said strictly play 13s haha. Mostly so I dont have to remember to mark my ball

no it doesnt matter at all. Its all personal preference so it might matter to some for some reason. not me

Nope

Never thought about it so I guess not to me.

I have never really paid that much attention to it so doesn't really bother me what the number is.

I used to play only #1's. Before the days of ordering you're particular number, I would switch out 3 other boxes, taking out the #1 sleeve & making a full dozen of just #1's :ROFLMAO: I don't worry about it much anymore. I used to also order the #71... the year of my birth & the target score I used to shoot for.

I like different numbers just for the fact it’s different but won’t avoid playing a ball if it’s any number. Remember someone saying they swap sleeves at a store and that’s a bit to asinine.

When I order custom, it’s always #11. But it really doesn’t have any benefit other than for identification purposes.

Back