Does Ball Number Matter?

Number never mattered, but I used to always try to play the dozen from 4 to 1 for some reason (even I don't understand my brain sometimes). Then I started just covering the number with my mark. Since playing the Truvis this particular feature of my dementia seems to have diminished.

Never gave much thought to the number. Just play whatever number.

There is a legit reason for that. Did they ever explain why? It is the same reason there are no 4th floors in China.
Best I could understand was that pronouncing the number 4 is close to sounding like saying “death” or something similar iirc

In Japan and Korea, the words for four and death are identical

Best I could understand was that pronouncing the number 4 is close to sounding like saying “death” or something similar iirc
Exactly. Death and 4 in Chinese are the same sound different tonality. It’s a bad luck number.

I don't really care about the number but if I'm ordering a bogo and custom #'s are an option I'll get my #24 on it.

I can genuinely say I have never really cared, but I know many others feel differently. Do you skip a ball in the sleeve or order certain custom numbers?
Not really. I prefer a 3 or 4, but ultimately I don't care as long as it says Vice Pro on the side.

Yes and No- not superstitious about the number but when I do the buy 3 get 4 every year I do select the same number.
Just easier to make sure that I am playing the correct ball. Getting old and anything that minimizes my need to think and remember is a good thing.

None , what so ever ….

Only number that matters is on the card after the finish of the hole

Never really paid it much mind.

Doesn’t matter. The tree doesn’t care what number ball I hit it with.

I honestly have never even glanced at what number is on the ball. I mark my golf ball a ridiculous amount with sharpies so ID isn’t an issue.

The number itself doesn't matter to me, but if I buy 4 dozen, I rearrange them so every box has the same number in it. Or if I buy two dozen I'll have a box of all evens and a box of all odds.

Not at all for me... I do have a friend that is a Jordan fanboy to the nth degree and he will only play Titleist ProV1x with #23 :oops: :ROFLMAO: I'm more Dennis Rodman when considering a ball number 91, 73, 10 whatever is presented

I prefer the number 3 only. Every year my custom order is for #3. It's something that bugs me a bit when I'm purchasing a dozen balls to try a new model or brand. I'll use them, but I don't always pay attention to which number I hit, so if someone asks I have to rely on my markings. Honestly I'm not sure why, it's something that started a couple of years back and has stuck.

Dont care at all about ball number

Not something I pay much attention to, though if I’m ordering balls and can add a custom number without adding cost I’d probably consider it.

If I'm paying $50+ for a dozen of balls, you can be damn well sure I'm hitting every one of them, regardless of number. I may even manage to hit them more than once before I lose them.

Absolutely never give it a thought.

Doesn’t really matter much to me.

No. Can't say I've ever thought about it

Numbers?
Looking Naked Gun GIF by Laff

They don’t matter to me. I can lose any number.

It doesn’t matter to me honestly.

Not in the slightest

Back