Does Hovland ever reach #1 in the world?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, does he?

In the current OWGR, probably. In a real system, probably not. Great player, looks like the joker haha, seems fairly complete. Just not sure his complete game shows up on Sunday.

• Staff
In the current OWGR, probably. In a real system, probably not. Great player, looks like the joker haha, seems fairly complete. Just not sure his complete game shows up on Sunday.
At least we know he is capable of closing out tournaments sometimes, hahaha

• Staff
High School GIF

I think he does.

• Staff
I can see it. He's got the momentum. Can he handle the pressure though?

What?? Who would be above him who isn’t currently??

I say yes. And probably sooner than we think.

I say yes, I think he's still ascending.

I am not sure he does. He definitely peaked last year. Can I evaluate after this season?

I am not sure he does. He definitely peaked last year. Can I evaluate after this season?
I don't think we are anywhere near seeing his peak yet.

I don't think we are anywhere near seeing his peak yet.
I don’t either…last year he made great leaps. If he starts off fast this year I think he can reach #1…especially if he wins a major.

I think he does at some point in time in '24

I’d love to see it. It’s hard to dislike him, and it would be pretty awesome to see someone who was that bad at chipping and bunker play go from that to the best in the world.

I think he does because I think he wins a major this year and that will catapult him to 1

If he continues playing like he has been I say yes he can do it for sure.

Back