Drawstring Shorts For Golf

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am seeing more and more drawstring waisted shorts everywhere, but also in golf directed apparel lines. Have you tried the drawstring short style yet? Will you try it at some point? What shorts do you like if you’re already a drawstring short person?

I have two pairs that are inside drawstring, so you can't see them on the outside and they button up like normal. I don't dislike them, they are made for anything but marketed as water sport type shorts.

They are fine, I didn't really buy them for that reason, but I don't dislike them.

Yeah, the shorts I get from Costco to golf in have draw strings. I just tuck them into my waistband and still use a belt.

All my drawstring shorts right now are either board shorts or gym shorts. I'd wear drawstring golf shorts if I wasn't going to tuck my shirt (that happens a lot during summer months), but if I'm tucking my shirt in I'm wearing zipper/button fly shorts.

I have drawstring shorts I wear around the house. I'll wear 'em going out to pick up takeout food. Anything beyond that I change into proper shorts.

Ive got some drawstring gym shorts that I wear around the house or for working out, Id never wear them for golf though. I guess Im just old fashioned in that I dont think you should just wear whatever you want for golf. Hoodies, trainers, denim and apparently now I need to add drawstring shorts to the list.

20230704_125944.jpg

I have these in Navy and Graphite and like them.

Comfortable, really really light. So cool, dry fast. Can look nice with a good polo that doesn't need to be tucked. Also just like them for running around though. Little bigger overall than my similar Lulus.

Thought hard about wearing a pair of them for this afternoon's round with potential rain.

Yeah, I'm not judging anyone that uses them, but I'm not wearing draw string shorts when I'm tucking my shirt in. There's plenty of tech forward options that would be just as comfortable (for me) in the golf spectrum.

Yeah, I'm not judging anyone that uses them, but I'm not wearing draw string shorts when I'm tucking my shirt in. There's plenty of tech forward options that would be just as comfortable (for me) in the golf spectrum.
I’m generally untucked which makes them a very attractive option. I also generally walk. I have picked up a pair of RLX with a compression liner in them and a pair of Northface with no liner at all. I like them both so far.

I agree also though that I would not wear these and tuck my shirt in. I would wear a traditional short for that.

I’m getting older. I love drawstring shorts. I wouldn’t mind a pair or two for the course. Especially for late afternoon, casual rounds.

I am seeing more and more drawstring waisted shorts everywhere, but also in golf directed apparel lines. Have you tried the drawstring short style yet? Will you try it at some point? What shorts do you like if you’re already a drawstring short person?
That's all I wear, and sometimes even cargo shorts. Probably 300+ days a year.

On th other side, I'm seeing a lot more, no collar, colored tee shirts being worn.

Things are a changing.

I’ve worn drawstring shorts for golf. I don’t tuck my shirts in so it’s not an issue. The shorts I wear on the course are from UNRL. My favourite drawstring shorts are from Bearbottom. 7” thoigh. Perfect for off the course, a tad short for on.

I’ve worn drawstring shorts for golf. I don’t tuck my shirts in so it’s not an issue. The shorts I wear on the course are from UNRL. My favourite drawstring shorts are from Bearbottom. 7” thoigh. Perfect for off the course, a tad short for on.
No 7" shorts for me, on or off the course. I'm tall and have long legs, nobody needs to see a 60 year old dude wearing Daisy Dukes. 😬:ROFLMAO:

Bought a couple of pairs of Puma’s EGW shorts this morning. Found them for $20 on Rock Bottom Golf so couldn’t pass that up. Will report back once they arrive. So far the RLX with compression liner is a real hit though. I love playing in them.

I have some Columbia PFG drawstring shorts. I like them.

Bought a couple of pairs of Puma’s EGW shorts this morning. Found them for $20 on Rock Bottom Golf so couldn’t pass that up. Will report back once they arrive. So far the RLX with compression liner is a real hit though. I love playing in them.
I'd give those a try except I'm not paying $15 shipping for $19.25 shorts.

Sure, as long as you have a pair of flip-flops to go with them. The question is, how do you swing the club while holding a Margarita in your right hand?

I have some lululemons that I love. Have worn them a few times to play. Only shirt untucked.
It's such a comfortable way to play.

If I can go untucked I am good. If I have to tuck. I have to wear a belt.

I'd give those a try except I'm not paying $15 shipping for $19.25 shorts.

I almost ordered another 6 pairs just to clear the hurdle for free shipping. That’s how they get you 😂

I have a pair on right now, hoping they are OK for an event since these (drawstring shorts) are my only shorts 😆

It's such a comfortable way to play.
Went out last night for 9 in a polo and the North Face shorts. It was so comfy and easy going. Felt more athletic too. I’m a fan. Also really cooling while walking.

Last edited:
I would try them. I hate snap buttons and sometimes rivets can dig, buttons need re-sewn. Not sure on the branding or styles but I'd try them 100%

Played league night on Thursday in the compression lined RLX shorts. Man these are exceptionally cool. It was 90 cooling to 85 and very humid and I stayed pretty cool the whole time and some of the breezes felt like I was naked down there.

Gkt the Puma EGW shorts I found for $19.99 in yesterday. These are 9” inseam verses 7” of the others and seem to be a bit more substantial material. They are thinner than Jackpot shorts by a bit. I’m planning to wear them for 18 this afternoon. Will report back.

Back