Drink more water!

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Water is good for me. I don’t drink enough water. How do you make sure you stay hydrated on a daily basis?

Cups on the hour... Making sure that there is a refill during breaks within the day!

Thanks for the reminder!

I focus on a number. I want 64 oz a day, I used to keep a jug I had to finish but now I just track on my phone.

Live in a desert. It really opened my eyes to see just how much daily water I need. I have a 24 oz insulated cup and drink at least three of those a day. Sometimes I add electrolytes sometimes I do not. Basically, I try to have water at arm's length, all the time.

I have a water bottle next to me all day and I still need to keep drinking more. Been working on it for awhile now but just having the bottle next to me at all times has been a huge help.

Yes, a timely reminder. I've bought a water bottle for the desk to remind me to drink more. Although, to be honest, I find too much water boring so really treat it often like a medicine that needs to be taken daily.

The goal is 1/2 your body weight in ounces daily at minimum. I track my water intake on my FitBit app...

If you need flavor in your water, there's tons of options out there: Crystal Light, Mio, Amino Vital to name a few.

I fill up a gallon pitcher in my office first thing in the morning. Fill my cup from it as the day goes on. Generally by 4 o’clock it’s empty and I know I’m good.

I don't get anywhere near the recommended amounts, usually around 40oz a day max for me sitting the the desk. While golfing its more.

32oz blender bottle that I refill. Drink 3-6 a day on the norm.

I don't get anywhere near the recommended amounts, usually around 40oz a day max for me sitting the the desk. While golfing its more.
A good way to make a judgement on how much you should drink is one half your body weight in oz's. So if you weigh 200, you should drink 100 oz of water a day.

Cup at my desk all day helps.

I try to get at least 100 ounces/day (not including iced tea).

I try to get at least 100 ounces/day (not including iced tea).
Wait I don’t get to include tea in my water number?!

Wait I don’t get to include tea in my water number?!
You can, it's just flavored water, so it's a meaningless distinction on my part. Leaving it out for me is more of a mind trick I use to try and drink more water (and not focusing on a Coca-Cola as being a water-based drink). My internist told me that he doesn't care what the fluid is (prefers no carbonated bevs and sugary drinks) as long as I get 100-125 ounces a day.

I have no problem getting 96 ounces in during a typical day. I suffer from radiation-induced drymouth so my water bottle has basically become a part of me over the past 7+ years :ROFLMAO:

Having three surgeries to remove a kidney stone that wasn't letting me know it was there makes adequate hydration kind of hard to forget. I try to get to a gallon daily, and that includes 8 oz of low sugar (sugar only) lemonade and one oz lemon juice concentrate. I have a 24 blender bottle that I try to empty 4x/day. That and my big mug of morning coffee gets me there.

You can, it's just flavored water, so it's a meaningless distinction on my part. Leaving it out for me is more of a mind trick I use to try and drink more water (and not focusing on a Coca-Cola as being a water-based drink). My internist told me that he doesn't care what the fluid is (prefers no carbonated bevs and sugary drinks) as long as I get 100-125 ounces a day.
If I don't count my Coca-cola, I spend even more time in the restroom after drinking over the 100 oz !!

If I don't count my Coca-cola, I spend even more time in the restroom after drinking over the 100 oz !!
I try to get about 80-90% of mine done before 6 pm. :oops:

I take a 40oz cup to work and have a schedule aligned with my breaks to keep pace. I try to drink 3 within my 8 hour day, 2 at the very least. Generally have a couple bottles at home in the evening as well. I figure 100-150oz a day is decent. When I was working in the summer a couple years ago in a facility that isn't air conditioned, I was drinking around 250oz a during an 8 hour shift. Still felt like I wasn't keeping up and felt dehydrated by the end of the day.

A good way to make a judgement on how much you should drink is one half your body weight in oz's. So if you weigh 200, you should drink 100 oz of water a day.
I have never heard of this, and it has shown me that I drink nowhere near enough water daily. Suppose living somewhere cold will do that, but I still need to probably double up on what I am drinking.

I use a couple of drops of liquid lemonade in mine and drink 10-14 cups of water a day.

I've got a jug I keep at my desk. Had been trying to drink two a day, but fell off recently. This is a great reminder.

Back