Dynamic Gold 105 from True Temper

Nerdy

Revenge of the Nerds!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
OH weather
Recently I was able to take part in the THP Ultimate Weekend with True Temper. We were given free run to test multiple shafts from True Temper over the 2 day event at two amazing golf courses. As someone who came into the event hitting graphite shafted irons, I was somewhat concerned about going back to steel and having an issue with weight. Enter the DG 105s.

0b32bd3c296377b36f8cc237871c9eaa.jpg

These shafts immediately felt great from the first swing. I was able to hit them for 18 holes on Sunday paired with the Ping i500 heads and it was something I knew was right for me after just a few swings. They are light, but have a great feel. If you’re looking for a lighter steel shaft option, the Dynamic Gold 105’s could be your answer.

This thread can serve as a place for THPers to give feedback and share their own thoughts on this shaft.

I have the 130g DG’s in my 4-PW, but the fitter put a DG 105 on my P790 UDI. I absolutely love it. It’s a beastly combo that goes long and straight and feels great!

I love that they are working so well for you, Will! I’ve never tried DG outside of wedges but your experience definitely opens my mind to trying them in the 105-110g weight class.

What flex and graphite shaft were you hitting?

I love these shafts i just started playing them a few weeks ago, i was playing the accra 100i and before that modus 105 and i can honestly say these feel better to me than accra, very close feeling as the modus 105 to me ,which is weird because i never got along with dg shafts ,they never had much feel to me until now, i wish i had the ones with the graphics like yours but i can live with just the sticker labels lol

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
These were pretty fun to hit in the couple sets from the Ultimate Weekend. If I am going with a utility for 2019, it'd be between this and the Catalyst for the shaft.

Looking forward to your continued thoughts here, love that weight range that the 105's sit in.

These shafts would make me play the DG line again.

Paired with the i500s these would fit a wide range of players

Me want now!!!

Me want now!!!

Scott asked if I wanted these. I almost took him up on it, but I really wanted to bring the clubs home right away. I'm having 2nd thoughts now..

Scott asked if I wanted these. I almost took him up on it, but I really wanted to bring the clubs home right away. I'm having 2nd thoughts now..

If Dicky Blue Balls didn’t snag them that was what I was going with - he and I talked about them a ton during that Sunday round.

They look soooo good, I can’t imagine what they would look like in hand

Not gonna lie, bad move.

If Dicky Blue Balls didn’t snag them that was what I was going with - he and I talked about them a ton during that Sunday round.

They look soooo good, I can’t imagine what they would look like in hand

That BBR guy.. what a jerk

Not gonna lie, bad move.

The regret is real right now

The regret is real right now

This made me smile.... #sorrynotsorry

If they offered all of their shafts in Onyx - #1 shaft in golf just moved to the, yeah still #1

Anyone get to hit these compared to slightly heavier shafts? I currently game px 6.0, 120g I believe, and these come in at 103g for the s300.

I feel like my launch is already high ('16 Apex pros) , but I'm a little wonky left and right.

Someone is selling the 'original' black 105s (pulled from p790s), considering picking them up but wouldn't want it to be a horrible fit for me.. they'd be going into the Ben Hogan ft worth THP hooked me up with.

If it matters 7i is my 165-170 club

Ps these are the shafts, fair enough shape to reinstall on a set?
5f771ea2699999c0aef44166b0a0d851.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Anyone get to hit these compared to slightly heavier shafts? I currently game px 6.0, 120g I believe, and these come in at 103g for the s300.

I feel like my launch is already high ('16 Apex pros) , but I'm a little wonky left and right.

Someone is selling the 'original' black 105s (pulled from p790s), considering picking them up but wouldn't want it to be a horrible fit for me.. they'd be going into the Ben Hogan ft worth THP hooked me up with.

I preferred these compared to the 120s. I was coming from a fairly light graphite shaft though so almost all the shafts felt heavy to me. I had/have a pretty high ball flight and these don’t give me any troubles ballooning too high that I’ve noticed yet

I preferred these compared to the 120s. I was coming from a fairly light graphite shaft though so almost all the shafts felt heavy to me. I had/have a pretty high ball flight and these don’t give me any troubles ballooning too high that I’ve noticed yet
Awesome thanks!

When I hit these I was coming from 110g steel and they didn’t feel significantly lighter - also compared to my 117 current shafts not a big feel in the weight change - of course club head weight and swing weight is the number you want

Interesting thread.

I have recently started looking at the P790’s and had a few goes with it at my local driving range. Demo model had the DG 105 s 300 in them and compared to my KBS tour 130g shafts they felt amazing.

They felt lighter but not whippy and I had a 2 mph increase in swing speed. If you are looking at those differences in numbers I would definitely make the change.

I ended up buying the p790’s this week with Nippon NS 950GH in them on e-bay and I’m most impressed. Even if I give them a proper rip the flight is high and straight. Swing speed is up a by 6mph. Yes they feel lighter but not in any way off putting. Gonna stick with them for winter and see how they perform.

What I’m trying to get at is if you are considering going from a heavier shaft to a lighter shaft don’t be scared to go lighter in shaft weight. The flex seems to keep things nice and stable.

No for an added question if I may?

I would appreciate your thoughts on heavier shafts for the longer irons. My set only goes up to 6 iron and I’m planning to add a 4 and 5 iron.

Do any of you have knowledge or experience with changing into a heavier shaft for longer irons to apparently keep dispersion down?

The TT DG105 s300 would probably be what I would consider if the concept has merit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting thread.

I have recently started looking at the P790’s and had a few goes with it at my local driving range. Demo model had the DG 105 s 300 in them and compared to my KBS tour 130g shafts they felt amazing.

They felt lighter but not whippy and I had a 2 mph increase in swing speed. If you are looking at those differences in numbers I would definitely make the change.

I ended up buying the p790’s this week with Nippon NS 950GH in them on e-bay and I’m most impressed. Even if I give them a proper rip the flight is high and straight. Swing speed is up a by 6mph. Yes they feel lighter but not in any way off putting. Gonna stick with them for winter and see how they perform.

What I’m trying to get at is if you are considering going from a heavier shaft to a lighter shaft don’t be scared to go lighter in shaft weight. The flex seems to keep things nice and stable.

No for an added question if I may?

I would appreciate your thoughts on heavier shafts for the longer irons. My set only goes up to 6 iron and I’m planning to add a 4 and 5 iron.

Do any of you have knowledge or experience with changing into a heavier shaft for longer irons to apparently keep dispersion down?

The TT DG105 s300 would probably be what I would consider if the concept has merit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, heavier shafts will not automatically keep dispersion down. Depending on makeup, they could keep initial launch or flight down. Most go the other way for elevation.

I was able to get out on Friday and again today for some late season golf. Really enjoying these shafts. I only have about 6 rounds on them so far but they are performing so well for me. Even in the colder temps today I was able to still get my normal distances. The biggest thing for me is I was fighting a pretty good hook with my previous graphite shafts and these have been able to turn that into just a nice draw. I was worried about the vibrations and stingers playing in the cold but I had zero issues. I love the lightweight feel of these and the performance is encouraging so far

I was able to get out on Friday and again today for some late season golf. Really enjoying these shafts. I only have about 6 rounds on them so far but they are performing so well for me. Even in the colder temps today I was able to still get my normal distances. The biggest thing for me is I was fighting a pretty good hook with my previous graphite shafts and these have been able to turn that into just a nice draw. I was worried about the vibrations and stingers playing in the cold but I had zero issues. I love the lightweight feel of these and the performance is encouraging so far

I need to try these in the short irons sometime - I've got the AMT whites, so the long irons are essentially in the ballpark of these, and I love how I can take an easy-ish swing with a 5i and feel like I'm still going to get the ball up in the air, in that DG profile I really like. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these.

I need to try these in the short irons sometime - I've got the AMT whites, so the long irons are essentially in the ballpark of these, and I love how I can take an easy-ish swing with a 5i and feel like I'm still going to get the ball up in the air, in that DG profile I really like. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these.

Agreed. The ball just jumps into the air with no effort it seems.

I miss these, i still want a set in onyx

Great thoughts Will

Back