EA Sports PGA TOUR is coming

Just pre-ordered it

I bought the deluxe edition and got it early. Love it! I have missed this game so much.

So happy to hear this. I cannot stand the 2K games, I am really hoping this will be like old times.
Same, hoping you can do a career what you build up your player like the old Tiger ones.

What's the deluxe version give you?

Same, hoping you can do a career what you build up your player like the old Tiger ones.

What's the deluxe version give you?

For an extra $15 you get these things (plus you get the game early)

What are the pre-order bonuses?
There are pre-order bonuses that are the same for the Standard Edition and the Deluxe Edition. No matter what edition of the game you pre-order the pre-order bonuses are the same for each.

• The PLAYERS Gear
  • Grand Slam Gear Bundle
  • Scotty Cameron Putter
Nothing is completely out of the norm here and these three pre-order bonuses are just a way for EA Sports to say thank you for your pre-purchase. These three items are just enough to get ahead of the game for those who didn’t make a pre-order.

What comes in the Deluxe Edition?
The Deluxe Edition of EA Sports PGA Tour is really where the added bonuses come into play. Ringing up at $84.99, the Deluxe Edition allows you to get an even greater head start on the PGA Tour community and really get your feet wet with a handful of extra bonuses.

• Base Game
  • Pre-order bonuses
  • 3-Day Early Access
  • Early Access to Augusta National
  • 1,500 PGA Tour Points
  • PGA Tour XP Bundle
  • The Masters Gear

Just a heads up, the chipping and pitching is rough. 58 degree, I’m flying it halfway there and adjusting based on green slopes. :oops:

Just a heads up, the chipping and pitching is rough. 58 degree, I’m flying it halfway there and adjusting based on green slopes. :oops:

I haven't bought it, to me the courses look great in everything I see, but the swing mechanics look wonky to me. Not as smooth as the 2k game in that respect.

I played a round last night to try it out.
Overall it's pretty good, going to take some getting used to the changes after playing 2K for a while.
Controls are similar, with some small differences. Putting is harder, chipping is a little harder, full swings are about the same.
Courses look great, characters all look like they just went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.

Did manage to get a hole-in-one at Augusta.

Yeah, the chipping is something I'm still trying to figure out. I hate it when Notah Begay says I must have had boxing gloves on when I tried to hit that chip. LOL
I do like that it is hard.

For an extra $15 you get these things (plus you get the game early)

What are the pre-order bonuses?
There are pre-order bonuses that are the same for the Standard Edition and the Deluxe Edition. No matter what edition of the game you pre-order the pre-order bonuses are the same for each.

• The PLAYERS Gear
  • Grand Slam Gear Bundle
  • Scotty Cameron Putter
Nothing is completely out of the norm here and these three pre-order bonuses are just a way for EA Sports to say thank you for your pre-purchase. These three items are just enough to get ahead of the game for those who didn’t make a pre-order.

What comes in the Deluxe Edition?
The Deluxe Edition of EA Sports PGA Tour is really where the added bonuses come into play. Ringing up at $84.99, the Deluxe Edition allows you to get an even greater head start on the PGA Tour community and really get your feet wet with a handful of extra bonuses.

• Base Game
  • Pre-order bonuses
  • 3-Day Early Access
  • Early Access to Augusta National
  • 1,500 PGA Tour Points
  • PGA Tour XP Bundle
  • The Masters Gear
Alright, I'm downloading it as soon as I get home!

I haven't bought it, to me the courses look great in everything I see, but the swing mechanics look wonky to me. Not as smooth as the 2k game in that respect.

I was trying it through Game Pass Ultimate for XBox yesterday and this was my thought…great graphics, don’t love the swing mechanism. The swing though was better when I moved it from the left to the right stick on the controller…still don’t like the lag between the meter and the swing graphics though.

They’re alright. I’ve gone from -20 and winning to not even making the cut because the auto stuff is pure trash

I've played a bit of this last night. I love it. Significantly better than 2k.

Yeah, the chipping is something I'm still trying to figure out. I hate it when Notah Begay says I must have had boxing gloves on when I tried to hit that chip. LOL
I do like that it is hard.
Yeah you need to land it about halfway and let it roll. It's not easy.

I may or may not have accidentally bought $99 worth of coins while trying to buy the game.

Twice...

I'm either going to figure out how to get a refund, or will be out driving everyone for a while!
That should be a refundable thing if you’re quick to be like UHHH…

If people who didn’t like the game were able to get a refund, I would imagine you can do the same. Or, yeah you’re gonna be very maxed real fast haha

That should be a refundable thing if you’re quick to be like UHHH…

If people who didn’t like the game were able to get a refund, I would imagine you can do the same. Or, yeah you’re gonna be very maxed real fast haha
Outside of refund business hours of course. I just want to get them refunded so I can buy the game!

Last edited:
I love golf video games. Still have my Tiger Woods either 04 or 06 for the PS2. I have a couple for the PS3. I did get The Golf Club 1 or 2 for PS4. Wife got me 2k21 for my bday awhile back. Love that game. I haven't touched a video game in 6 months at least and that is mostly my NCAA football dynasties. Been wanting to play 2k21, but work family, real golf practicing, etc. is in the way. Golf video games are the only success I have at golf.

I bought the deluxe version on PS5 last night. It also comes with Madden 23, so really two games for $85.

Chipping around the greens and putting is going to take some get used to, but it looks like there's going to be a lot of hours spent on this one.

I bought the deluxe version on PS5 last night. It also comes with Madden 23, so really two games for $85.

Chipping around the greens and putting is going to take some get used to, but it looks like there's going to be a lot of hours spent on this one.
I completely forgot about madden 23 as included. Nice!

I need to download the 10 hr demo this weekend and try it out. I'm heavy into 2k23, and doubt I'll like EA from what I've read, but I'll try it. Won't likely buy it because I assume it will be free on GamePass sooner than later, or at least heavily discounted. Without a course designer I think it will get boring fast playing the same handful of courses, otherwise I'll be more inclined to buy it. It does look pretty.

I played 2k21 since release, but held off on 23 b/c of this game. Only played two rounds so far, and it's going to take a little getting used to the controls for sure. The graphics are amazing for the actual courses, and there are 30 included in game. I will miss the custom courses of 2K, but I still have it if I want to play.

Back