Sounds like your coach started to chuckle after that one. :LOL: Nothing wrong with 180 carry!
LOL he did and i agree it was solid!

LOL he did and i agree it was solid!
That's awesome. I'm starting to get antsy for my 7I to get here. I'm really interested in how it'll play on the course.

That's awesome. I'm starting to get antsy for my 7I to get here. I'm really interested in how it'll play on the course.

Waiting is always tough but the SMS will be worth the wait! I do enjoy mine a lot.

Waiting is always tough but the SMS will be worth the wait! I do enjoy mine a lot.
The feel the look the performance. The wait is all worth it.

#oneshot

This one was a confidence builder on Sunday. #14. Tee shot required a draw that I just can’t pull off. Right off the fairway on the dormant hard pan. Large tree in front but see a window on the left if I can cut an Edel Pro 8 iron high from 160.

I’ve been working on flighting my irons lower and a cut with my lower irons is not my go to shot. But these irons build confidence in creativity for me. Very high and a slight cut around the tallest branches. 18 ft but pin high. It’s these shots that may not wow but internally provide so much joy.

IMG_5059.jpegIMG_5060.jpegIMG_5061.jpegA new addition to the bag has arrived!

Gave the new 4 iron a rip-off of the 4th tee box today. I hit the ball really well just a bit right with the left to right wind we had. The distance is where I expected the ball to end up about 215-220 yards.I don’t quite get the height with the like my other long irons. I do get a nice penetrating mid ball flight that runs. This club is going to fit nicely into the bag.

Anyone get shipping notice yet from the $50 demo offer?

Are you ordering these direct or going to a builder to get the Darts in there?
I went to CC for the fitting and bought them there. When i decided to add the 4 iron i just emailed my fitter and it was handled.

#oneshot

Saturday on #6. Bad round for me. Had a blow up hole and just put my drive through the fairway trying to take the aggressive angle on a par 5. Penalty stroke putting the ball where it last crossed. Luckily if you take an aggressive angle this is not to far away from the green (says #4 handicap but easiest hole on the course). Edel Pro 9 to 15 feet from 155.

Made the putt for birdie. Gained confidence and changed the course of the round.

It was long iron lesson day and i spent most of the time with the 4-5-6 irons today. My goal is to get my long irons very dialed in this season. I still need to work getting the left arm higher but that is always a work in progress. I had all 4 irons working well even when using the connector my coach has me use to keep my arm structure better. At the end of the lesson i was ripping 4 irons which is not something i thought would be in my bag. I also practiced using the 4 iron for punch out shots keeping them low and letting them run. Could not ask for a better day to be on the range for a few hours.

#oneshot

#18 today 148 over a creek into the wind. Edel Pro 9 iron.

Flushed. With a shot shape I saw in my mind. Mid trajectory with slight draw. 20 foot putt that was missed. BUT I will never forget that feel. Irons were solid all day but that feel.

Just got the shipping notification on my demo 7I!

The SMS were feeling really good during my lesson today. The 4 iron is fitting in right where i wanted it to for the carry distance. We have some serious wind today and it was straight into us on the range. The ball flight with the 4 is piercing and i get some nice run out. I am ready for tomorrow's round!
4 iron.jpg

Sorry for the delay! This promotion far exceeded our expectations and got the build shop backed up some.
Not an issue at all. I think it's awesome you're getting that much traction with the demos.

Have had a 7i to hit for the last few weeks (mostly on the sim) and gotta say the SMS irons are super impressive. For being a hollow body iron, these things are very soft on those solid strikes and feel fantastic. I need to spend more time playing around with the weighting, but so far, seems like getting the heavy weight out on the toe has been helping reduce my left miss which has been rearing its ugly head lately.

Gapping might be a little bit of an issue with my current irons, but going to try and swap this in for my current 7i and see how it goes on course in the coming weeks.

#oneshot

#5 cut/sliced a drive to the right. Luckily very wide fairway but long shot in from where I’m normally. @Doubleb21 says that an Edel ball striker like myself has this on the drive up. Luckily favorable pin position with a back stop behind the hole. 178 into the wind. Edel Pro 6 iron flushed with mid trajectory. Backs up off the hill to a foot and a half. Birdie

#oneshot

#5 cut/sliced a drive to the right. Luckily very wide fairway but long shot in from where I’m normally. @Doubleb21 says that an Edel ball striker like myself has this on the drive up. Luckily favorable pin position with a back stop behind the hole. 178 into the wind. Edel Pro 6 iron flushed with mid trajectory. Backs up off the hill to a foot and a half. Birdie
You make a ton of great shots but that shot was just perfect. The ball flight with a tight baby draw that lands so soft. I knew you were in there close.
Celebrate Way To Go GIF by DraftKings

Started off a bit rough today but settled in to the round. Still really working my takeaway and trying not to overthink it. I hit some nice iron shots today and some that just make me shake my head lol. I still had a fun day with the SMS irons.
IMG_5144.jpeg

You make a ton of great shots but that shot was just perfect. The ball flight with a tight baby draw that lands so soft. I knew you were in there close.
Celebrate Way To Go GIF by DraftKings
Only missed 2 GIR today. Even from bunkers and desert. Need to putt better

Much better iron day today I had 10 GIR and shot a 76. Today’s course is way easier and more forgiving but the irons were going were I intended them to. Best iron shot I have had in a bit was this par 3 playing 181 with the pin right over the bunker. I grabbed my 6 iron and told my group I’m going right at the pin. I dropped the ball right over the bunker and it rolled out just a bit Past the pin.
IMG_5147.jpegIMG_5148.jpegIMG_5149.jpeg

My demo 7I came today. Don't have @Wildcat's game so had to go with the standard 7I. This thing looks awesome and I'm pumped to get it on the range/course.

Sometimes it's the little things and Edel excels there. A nice little valuables pouch with the wrench in it. The wrench will go in one of my bag pockets but the bag will not be wasted. Also the finishing on these is excellent. From the satin finish to the paint fill and the matching hosel. Love it.
IMG_0643.jpeg

Here's some comparison pics with the SMS 7I against my Smoke and Apex 21 7Is. A tiny bit more compact, but nothing that looks too intimidating over the ball.
IMG_0645.jpeg
IMG_0646.jpeg
IMG_0642.jpeg

Looking forward to testing this one out and seeing how it compares. Same shaft as I have in the Smokes so should be as apples to apples as I can make it.

Back