I know the P grind has all the glam and gets all the love, and deservedly so, but the 58 D grind simply doesn‘t care. It takes its lunch pail to the course and goes to work.

It doesn’t care if the ball is sitting up on a tuft of grass. It doesn’t care if the ball is sitting on bare dirt. It doesn’t care if the ball is sitting in soggy turf. It just goes about its business getting to the ball regardless of conditions.

Vintage Work GIF by US National Archives
I have not tried the D maybe someday. I will also say the T grind is a workhorse also. My 54T got some serious bunker time last weekend and it was flawless.

I know the P grind has all the glam and gets all the love, and deservedly so, but the 58 D grind simply doesn‘t care. It takes its lunch pail to the course and goes to work.

It doesn’t care if the ball is sitting up on a tuft of grass. It doesn’t care if the ball is sitting on bare dirt. It doesn’t care if the ball is sitting in soggy turf. It just goes about its business getting to the ball regardless of conditions.

This is interesting. I’m probably going to replace my 54 soon and I need to dig into the D grind. Having the 60/P for the bunkers frees up my 54 to do all the heavy lifting inside of 100yds

Well the 58P got some bunker action today. I was in 4 greenside bunkers on the front 9. All four bunker shots were really nice and zero issue with coming out and giving myself good looks for par saves. It is like a cheat code for bunkers with that club.

If a longtime Callaway 54S and 58 PM Grind / Jaws Full Toe user were switching to these, what Edel grinds would be closest to those grinds?

If a longtime Callaway 54S and 58 PM Grind / Jaws Full Toe user were switching to these, what Edel grinds would be closest to those grinds?
Tagging @EdelBlake for this one.

I have the T grind in my 60 and love it. Can do so many things with it. I also really love the V grind in my 56.

Second round with these back in the bag in the books. I'm not going to lie and say everything was perfect, but most of my issues were my own fault. Hit a 54 out of a trap I should have gone back and got my 58 for, duffed a few and left them short. Standard crappy early year golf. When I did my part though, these wedges performed well. Hit the flag with one pitch from the fairway using my 58C, and had some other really nice shots around the green. There's some adjustment for me coming off the Jaws 58Z to the SMS 58C, but I'm getting back into the comfort zone.

Shot of the day with these was a 90 yard approach shot with the 54V. Aimed to miss right of the pin for an uphill putt. Ball came down about 10 feet past the hole and spun back, with some slope assistance, to hole high for a makable mid-range putt. That I missed, but kick in pars are never something I get mad at. I think going back to a heavier shaft in these will pay off for me on longer approach shots. I was playing 95g shafts in my previous wedges, and I would miss left a lot, which my fitter identified within the first handful of swings at my fitting for the Quest Cup. He put me in a heavier shafted wedge and I was right back on target. This is an area where I struggled a bit last year, so hoping the trend continues.

Really looking forward to putting the 58P grind into play. I feel like that will be an excellent compliment to the 54V, which I would game whether I was going to the Quest Cup or not.

Lesson day today and i have had a few issues with blading some really easy shots into some greens in the 50-70 yard range. We were working on better arm structure and rotation today and my coach had me throw this in my arms. What a HUGE difference in power and control. Ball flight was nice and high and i was landing them on the green 70 yards away with ease with the 58. I grabbed the 54T and worked on shots to the green about 95 out. He sent me home with the training aid and i will get a good range session in later today and tomorrow aft.

Lesson day today and i have had a few issues with blading some really easy shots into some greens in the 50-70 yard range. We were working on better arm structure and rotation today and my coach had me throw this in my arms. What a HUGE difference in power and control. Ball flight was nice and high and i was landing them on the green 70 yards away with ease with the 58. I grabbed the 54T and worked on shots to the green about 95 out. He sent me home with the training aid and i will get a good range session in later today and tomorrow aft.

I probably need something like that

Got fit for these today. 50*, 54*, & 58*, V grind, KBS 110 wedge shafts, -1/2”, 3* flat. It’s crazy how much of a difference the correct grind makes. Its gonna be a long couple weeks wait.

The Edel wedges did not let me down today. I had few tough chips and they ended up with a great result. I went left on the 15th green into a hard pan area and had to go up about 15 feet to a pin short sided. I grabbed the 54T and and clipped it just right. Th ball landed right on top of the hill in the fringe and slowly rolled to 8 inches from the cup! Huge par save on that hole.

I went with 54V and 58P with Ballistic wedge shafts, and I’m excited to put them in play at the Quest Cup!

I went with 54V and 58P with Ballistic wedge shafts, and I’m excited to put them in play at the Quest Cup!
Nice set up!

I've been playing a 54 T Grind and 58 C Grind for close to 2 years now. I moved to these wedges after coming off of my first and only THP Experience when I realized a "chipper" wasn't going to get my game past the high handicaps. It was recommended I buy something like the Callaway CB Mack which I did and tried at 56, and then I tried a Cleveland CBX and just didn't enjoy either. I felt they were heavy, hard at impact, and I just couldn't really "feel them". I got these two for Christmas and just have never looked back. Since then I've demo'd just about every other wedge that's out there, and the thing I love most about these is simply "FEEL!" I just can't match the feel.

They have a softer feel in my opinion, and I still to this day find myself tinkering with the weights, which honestly I'm not sure I've come to a solid conclusion with, but what has brought me back to this thread is the fact that I'm using the GW from my Mizuno HM set and have struggled with it recently. I'm thinking about grabbing a 48 that I would want to use from 100-120 out in full shots only. I play mostly soft conditions and from everything I'm reading that D grind might just be my answer...

Do you all typically go same length with a 48 vs. 54/56? I never know if I'm supposed to add a 1/4" there or if it's just supposed to be the same length as my other wedges.

Do you all typically go same length with a 48 vs. 54/56? I never know if I'm supposed to add a 1/4" there or if it's just supposed to be the same length as my other wedges.
Looking at the specs, it should play a quarter of an inch longer by default than your 54˚. 35.5" is pretty standard for a gap wedge. I'd just make sure that it transitions well with your irons. I.e. if they're .5" long, I'd order the 48˚ to match the total length of my set GW. Same with lie if that's non-standard.

Standard for us is a 1/4" longer.
Do you all already add 1/4" to anyone that orders a 48 vs. 54 off the site though? Or I would specify I want it 1/4" longer in my selections?

Do you all already add 1/4" to anyone that orders a 48 vs. 54 off the site though? Or I would specify I want it 1/4" longer in my selections?
Stock length 48˚ is 1/4" longer than a stock length 54˚.

SMS_Wedge_Table_-_white_bg_b03ac516-2fe6-4b33-9753-a6bdaf7aee5c.png

We automatically cut it a 1/4" longer unless otherwise noted. No need to specify it.

Worked on using just the 54T for my bump and runs and even some high shots out to 50 yards today. I am really liking the T grind in the turf. The range right now is thick not sure why they let it get so long and the T grind cuts right through it with ease. The Edel SMS are just really easy to use even when opening the face way up. I am excited to see the Quest cup guys get there gear at Ballyhack and go to work!

Starting to settle in a bit with these wedges again. Certainly had some not so great shots but it's early in the year yet, and I'm still dialing in my partial swings. I think the shot of the round was on 10. Hit a great drive that gave me a great look at a par 5 green in two. Managed to chunk that shot a bit and ended up about 30 feet short of the green on a downhill lie in the rough. Hit a great chip with the 54 that landed halfway up the green and rolled out to pin high five feet left of the pin. I lipped the putt but that par started a good run of holes leading to my best 9 hole score so far this year, covering up just a miserable front. Had a few beauts with the 58 as well. I'm convinced that the weight in the heel is the way for me to go at this point. Can't wait to give the P grind a run this year.

I've played these off and on for the last season and a half, with probably about a half season worth of play on them. Please ask questions if you have them. I'll do my best to answer!

Back