why are you curious in the higher bounce grinds compared to the V grind?
After the SMS I went to a 54W with my Cleveland Jaws Raw wedges. Some of the courses here have a good amount of sand in the greenside traps and the high bounce (12˚) wide grind has beed quite useful there. I've been pretty successful with the lower bounce Z grind out of the firmer traps, and I feel like the P grind will work similar to that. We also get soft conditions in the spring and fall, so any help I can get around the greens in those conditions is always nice. My current mode is to default to the 54W whenever I can and go with the 58Z as needed. The high/low setup I've had the last season and a half has worked out really well for me so I was basically just trying to re-create that.

I am going to see a local fitter for the Quest Cup event and all of this will be discussed as part of the wedge fitting.

54T & 58P are here!
edelw.jpgedelw1.jpg

First 3 chips with the 58P from about 20 yards! Excellent spin and control with these. This is my first set of wedges with graphite shafts also. i am liking having them match my iron set a lot.
chips1.jpg

The T grind is really awesome. Full shots and partial chips just glide right through the turf. I need to get this in the wet dormant bermuda to test out asap. So far the matching shafts in the wedges was a great call.

The T grind is really awesome. Full shots and partial chips just glide right through the turf. I need to get this in the wet dormant bermuda to test out asap. So far the matching shafts in the wedges was a great call.
I have a strong inclination that I will be going with the T grind for the Quest Cup. I will obviously be pulling this out of your bag Saturday.

I have a strong inclination that I will be going with the T grind for the Quest Cup. I will obviously be pulling this out of your bag Saturday.
I cant wait to get them on course. Help yourself just make sure you put back in the right bag! :LOL: :LOL:

Give it a try. I love my T grind.

I cant wait to get them on course. Help yourself just make sure you put back in the right bag! :LOL: :LOL:
Oh you thought I was asking????

Hilary Duff Lol GIF by YoungerTV

Made my way back through this entire thread again (not to mention rewatching all the videos) and there's just sooooo much good info in here. Can't get enough of the pictures, but pair that with some serious strokes gained in the short game and I'm pretty dang excited to get my hands on these in a few months. I think I'm narrowing in on what I'll go with, but still have time to change my mind at least a few dozen times :D

Took the 54V with me to the practice green on the chance that it would be open enough to chip a bit today. Didn't get a ton of time but got to chip a little bit. I'm definitely rusty but off the fringe I was able to hit some good chips when I got out of my own way and just let the club do the work. Chips from the rough were hit and miss, but a lot of the down lies I'd usually go after with my lob wedge. Will definitely take the 58C out with me next time to get some work.

Coming off the JAWS Raw wedges I didn't notice any real spin difference but I wasn't hitting anything too long or high today.

Made my way back through this entire thread again (not to mention rewatching all the videos) and there's just sooooo much good info in here. Can't get enough of the pictures, but pair that with some serious strokes gained in the short game and I'm pretty dang excited to get my hands on these in a few months. I think I'm narrowing in on what I'll go with, but still have time to change my mind at least a few dozen times :D
Willing to assist with any waffling you feel is appropriate.
Big Sky Help GIF by ABC Network

The 54T might be my favorite wedge I have owned. I love this club for everything. Bump and runs full swings it does it all so well. I did a range session after lunch working mostly with the 58p and the 54t. I went back to the range at 5 to see my coach. He was hitting the 54T and loved the feel and flight. I cannot wait for this weekends rounds And get them on course.

Was able to get out for 9 today there was a little break in the weather but it was 37*. I really wanted to try the new SMS wedges and irons on course so the cold was worth it. Since I was the only one out there I tried some extra shots. The 58P was great out of th bunker I ended up in. The sand was wet and heavy and the ball just floated right out. On hole 17 I had 106 to the pin. I used the 54T and but it to the back of the green on the right side. I then dropped a ball in front of the green to give myself a 20-25 yard bump and run to try it out. I clipped it nice and was just left of the pin. The T grind even off of the wet grass was excellent. I did use the 58P out of the dormant Bermuda which usually gives me some grief. I put it back in my stance and it popped right up and rolled past the pin for an easy par save putt.
IMG_4785.jpeg

IMG_4784.jpeg

Was able to get out for 9 today there was a little break in the weather but it was 37*. I really wanted to try the new SMS wedges and irons on course so the cold was worth it. Since I was the only one out there I tried some extra shots. The 58P was great out of th bunker I ended up in. The sand was wet and heavy and the ball just floated right out. On hole 17 I had 106 to the pin. I used the 54T and but it to the back of the green on the right side. I then dropped a ball in front of the green to give myself a 20-25 yard bump and run to try it out. I clipped it nice and was just left of the pin. The T grind even off of the wet grass was excellent. I did use the 58P out of the dormant Bermuda which usually gives me some grief. I put it back in my stance and it popped right up and rolled past the pin for an easy par save putt.
View attachment 9241900

View attachment 9241901
Sounds like the 54T is working out nicely. I think I’m leaning toward a 54T. 54 is usually my workhorse wedge for everything kind of 105 and in from full swings down to green side so the versatility of the T feels like it will come in handy. Either that or D grind, which has also gotten a lot of fantastic feedback.

Sounds like the 54T is working out nicely. I think I’m leaning toward a 54T. 54 is usually my workhorse wedge for everything kind of 105 and in from full swings down to green side so the versatility of the T feels like it will come in handy. Either that or D grind, which has also gotten a lot of fantastic feedback.
So far the T is awesome. Playing today and it will be wet out again so I will be able to see in various situations. The way it goes through the turf is fantastic. I used to use my last set 52 wedge for a lot of shots but the 54T will be the go to club for sure.

One of the best things i did was put the same shafts in my wedges as my irons. I like the consistent feel i have now with my wedges. I did manage to blade a few really easy shots yesterday lol but i also made a lot of nice chips and pitches. So far out of the wet ground they are really good. I am using the new CTX ball and i have never spun balls back like yesterday. I used the 54T for a little knock down into the wind shot and hit the green and it came right back off. I still need to get better with the distance control. The first pic was 107 out and i had a lot of room to get closer to the pin. The last pic was 105 over the lake. I dropped the first one right in front of the wall. I hit again and it spun back to the rock ledge. I love how these wedges feel and they look killer!
54T.jpgdell lake.jpg54t1.jpg

I've been gaming my 48°, 54°,and 58° SMS wedges with the T grind for about a year now. I have found that the T grind is just as effective with full swings as it is from bunkers and "touch" shots around the green.

If I don’t get fit for these, I’ll probably go 54V and 58P with Ballistic shaft

I’m basically sold on the P grind but definitely going to get fit to see where the weights go and what grinds work best. I’m also lucky enough to be semi local.

If I don’t get fit for these, I’ll probably go 54V and 58P with Ballistic shaft
Have you played the ballistic shaft before? I was likely going to go with something similar to my iron shafts for a more seamless transition, but haven’t given it too much thought.

Have you played the ballistic shaft before? I was likely going to go with something similar to my iron shafts for a more seamless transition, but haven’t given it too much thought.
No but I loved the feel of them on @Wildcat ’s wedges when I tried them at TopGolf

I think that’s why I’m leaning toward a 54 T grind for this kind of versatility.
The T has become my favorite wedge in the bag. Like mentioned above you can use it for everything.

I hit the SMS side-by-side with a bunch of other wedges today. I need to parse out the data to post later but needless to say I was still getting the most consistent carry numbers from the SMS. Maybe it was partially familiarity, but I'm sold on the ability to dial the weight in for my delivery. When you can strike it consistently, there isn't as big of a need for a more 'forgiving' head.

I hit the SMS side-by-side with a bunch of other wedges today. I need to parse out the data to post later but needless to say I was still getting the most consistent carry numbers from the SMS. Maybe it was partially familiarity, but I'm sold on the ability to dial the weight in for my delivery. When you can strike it consistently, there isn't as big of a need for a more 'forgiving' head.
Have you kept the weight in the same spot once it worked, or do you tinker around with it based on how your game is at the time?

Back