Edison Wedges Review Thread

Those posted pics are about to cost me some money....UGH, spectacular, and Ive been on their site a lot lately.
Likely just sealed the deal

Amazing feedback already. That is a beautiful set of wedges you have @donny475

Amazing feedback already. That is a beautiful set of wedges you have @donny475
I'm middle of the pack in the Club Championship, so they are in the bag, let's do this tomorrow!

Can’t wait to see the rest in hand. The photos look really good so far, arguably more attractive than the glamour shots on the website.

Can’t wait to see the rest in hand. The photos look really good so far, arguably more attractive than the glamour shots on the website.
After i put the grips on them, the weight was so perfect....it just felt right

After i put the grips on them, the weight was so perfect....it just felt right
I had them build them to my specific swing weight which was a nice add.

Good luck today @donny475. Very interested to hear how your short game goes.

My 49, 54 and 59 are slated for delivery on Tuesday. Can't wait to get them in hand!

Have to work at the course Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from early morning until mid afternoon so I'm sure I will have to stick around for about an hour after work to get some short game practice in. ;)

LETS GOoooooimage.jpg

In July 2020 I saw a couple of terrific reviews of Edison wedges and ended up ordering three: 49*, 53* and 59* with KBS Tour 110 R shafts (interesting how often this setup has been suggested) and 2* flat. I used, and liked, the wedges for a brief period that summer, before getting fitted for my Ping G710s and deciding to go with all graphite shafts. The Edisons, used only for a few rounds, have been sitting in my garage ever since.

After seeing TXG's recent strongly positive review and the positive comments on this thread, I am considering having my Edisons re-shafted with graphite and giving them another go. I'm following this thread with interest to see how all of you who are now using Edisons, make out with them and will probably take mine to the range for a workout (although brief, because steel shafts are tough on my golfer's elbow) soon.

In July 2020 I saw a couple of terrific reviews of Edison wedges and ended up ordering three: 49*, 53* and 59* with KBS Tour 110 R shafts (interesting how often this setup has been suggested) and 2* flat. I used, and liked, the wedges for a brief period that summer, before getting fitted for my Ping G710s and deciding to go with all graphite shafts. The Edisons, used only for a few rounds, have been sitting in my garage ever since.

After seeing TXG's recent strongly positive review and the positive comments on this thread, I am considering having my Edisons re-shafted with graphite and giving them another go. I'm following this thread with interest to see how all of you who are now using Edisons, make out with them and will probably take mine to the range for a workout (although brief, because steel shafts are tough on my golfer's elbow) soon.

I’ll be testing these with KBS graphite, so stay tuned.

I’ll be testing these with KBS graphite, so stay tuned.

Looking forward to hearing what you learn. I just spent some time in the yard hitting chips of various lengths and trajectories with all three (my chipping skill has improved a lot since I first got the clubs) and really liked the feel and consistency. Next will try them around the practice green and partial swings on the range.

Those posted pics are about to cost me some money....UGH, spectacular, and Ive been on their site a lot lately.
Likely just sealed the deal
I believe that if you swung one of mine, it would definitely cost you some cash

SO here is my first impression of these wedges. My chipping from 40 yards and in has been so bad i went to the square spike for short shots. Its gone.....OMG the feel of these one the range getting ready today, the weight, the feel and the way a center hit just felt right. So they went right to the course. I hit the first shot on the first hole, my second shot wa short and i had 15 yards to the front edge and about 5 more run out. I hit the 54 deg and clipped it just sweet and carried a yard on and it checked about 2 feet short for a par. what start to the day. Second hole i was a bit right of the green in 2, 48 yards to flag and hit a pitch and run with the 49* and 2 putt for bogey. I hit the 49* right at a comfortable 110 and i feels so good. the 54* is right at 95 to 100. After day one of the CC i was 20th of 38, finished after day 2 at 12th over all. I tied for second today in my flight and real good Calcutta payout....my only bad shot today was a really good shot on 18. I drove the ball though the dogleg left and pushed out of the trees to middle of fairway, had 109 to the pin. Hit the 49* just right and drew it to the pin hitting the flagstick. Ball bounced off the green to the high grass left of the green. 54 * to the green and 2 putt double. I will get them to the golf shop and get some numbers to post this week. Other than that, I now have room for another club in my bag cause these are awesome

Funny stuff @donny475 - they should coat flag sticks in glue or something.

How’d you do out of the rough?

How was your ball flight in comparison to your other wedges?

Good stuff @donny475 !!! Sounds like a really positive outing!

Sounds like a very positive first round with them @donny475
Excited to continue following along

Funny stuff @donny475 - they should coat flag sticks in glue or something.

How’d you do out of the rough?

How was your ball flight in comparison to your other wedges?
The flight was great on the full shots, loved the way the ball came off the club and flew high and sat softly. I actually had a couple spin back a few feet on full shots, the 3/4 shots of the back foot flew in a nice knockdown flight and ran out well of the short punches from the rough. I did a little practicing from around the practice green before starting. trying to figure out how to hit those soft rollers from the short rough before my round

I did not have to play any bunker shots today and that is a play that i am looking forward to with the 54* played open....I am really wondering if i may have to order a 57/58 for the sand work

Great initial review on the wedges @donny475 .

As far as I can tell, mine are stilll scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I certainly hope so since I have Wednesday off and would love to be able to get a lot of testing done that day.

Looking forward to more arriving soon.....

Back