Review Edison Wedges

TJRyska

#LivingtheDream
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.5
Evening,

I just finished testing out some Edison Wedges this summer. If you've never heard of Edison, check out their website for a little more info (https://edisonwedges.com/). I've been following Edison for some time and I've always been curious of their claims, so I wanted to give them a try. For those who don't know, Edison Wedges have an ultra-high concentration of mass that puts more mass higher up to keep the smash factor as consistent as possible across the club face. This means your halfway-decent shots will fly pretty much like your good shots. Whereas a traditional wedge has a lower concentration of mass where the Tour pros are consistently hitting their shots. Edison designed a wedge for the average golfer.

I tend to struggle with chips/pitches in the 20-40 yard range, so I was hoping these wedges would be the answer. I tested a 55 degree wedge (bent to 56) and a 50 degree (bent to 51). I compared them to my JP Golf 56 degree wedge and my Sub70 Golf 51 Degree Gap Wedge.

Overall, I hit alot of balls on a launch monitor. I was curious if launch angle and ball speed would be any different amongst these clubs and I didn't notice much discrepancy. Overall, carry and distance was pretty much the same for all the clubs (+ or - 2-3 yards). However, I did notice a difference playing on the course. Hitting balls out of the rough where your club tends to slide more under the ball leading to higher strikes on the club face didn't impact my overall distance as much as the JP or Sub70. Even today, I hit a 100 yard shot and hit it a little fat with the 56 degree Edison and it still flew 100 yard and stuck on the green.

Additionally, I found these wedges easier to chip/pitch with in the 20-40 yard range. They do have a specially designed sole, which has a dual-bounce design that eliminates the need to have different bounces and grinds in the bag. I found myself finding the green more often and landing closer to the pin than I was before. Also, I was at the range with a buddy who is pretty new to golf. I noticed he was struggling with his chipping around the practice green. I gave him the 56 degree Edison and had him chip with it for 30 mins or so. When he was done, he said he was hooked. He found it so much easier to use than his Cobra wedge he was using prior to the Edison.

One thing I will say is there isnt anything real fancy about these wedges. Below is a picture of the wedge. It is pretty simply looking. I frankly don't mind what a wedge looks like cause if I hit it well and it does what I am trying to do, that is all that matters. But it's not as fancy looking as some other brands.

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

If you've been struggling with your wedge game lately and looking for something new to try, give Edison Wedges a try. I'll keep updating the forum with my thoughts and please share yours here if you currently game these wedges or have in the past.

Such a clean looking wedge to me. And performs great. Love mine!

The cavity pic is interesting from that angle. Almost just looks like any old iron.

I have a feeling these are really good players. I kind of dislike the buy to try model, but I have little doubt they perform. @GolfATXAtty your feedback on distance consistency on the course and results in the 30-40 yard range is definitely useful. Thanks for posting it. Going to need to find a new set of wedges eventually here.

The cavity pic is interesting from that angle. Almost just looks like any old iron.

I have a feeling these are really good players. I kind of dislike the buy to try model, but I have little doubt they perform. @GolfATXAtty your feedback on distance consistency on the course and results in the 30-40 yard range is definitely useful. Thanks for posting it. Going to need to find a new set of wedges eventually here.

They do have a test program (minus return shipping).

9E4BEED7-6577-4774-8171-4977D630BB76.png

I have the 48* and 56* and these are magical. Just seems like it is so much easier to pitch out of the rough and get an acceptable result. Spin is excellent and feel is very good. I've only been playing them for a few rounds and I've already adjusted to them and getting the ball closer to the hole, which has resulted in more 1-putts.

I have the 48* and 56* and these are magical. Just seems like it is so much easier to pitch out of the rough and get an acceptable result. Spin is excellent and feel is very good. I've only been playing them for a few rounds and I've already adjusted to them and getting the ball closer to the hole, which has resulted in more 1-putts.
That’s awesome to hear! Please keep me updated here as you use them more and more. Curious to see what you think.

I guess my interest in these isn't going to go away. Just pulled the trigger on the 55*. Looking forward to this.

Last edited:
I guess my interest in these isn't going to go away. Just pulled the trigger on the 55*. Looking forward to this.
Let us know what you think!

Looks like the 55* is incoming. Got the shipping notice this morning. Very much looking forward to this purchase.

Edison Forged Wedge - Steel Shaft
55º, Lie Angle: Standard - 63.5º, Shaft Selection: KBS Tour 110 - Regular, Shaft Length: .25 Short, Grip Selection: Lamkin Crossline Standard
Qty: 1​

What made you give them a try?
I had the SCOR wedge and drifted over from there. Love the smaller heads. Not a fan of the big bulky stuff out there.

I had the SCOR wedge and drifted over from there. Love the smaller heads. Not a fan of the big bulky stuff out there.
First time hearing about the SCOR wedge.

do you feel you have greater confidence with full shots on the gap and sand wedge? I feel I am pretty good with the shorter shots on my current gamers, but strugle with full shots from 105 and 120 with S and G respectively.

Back