On tonight’s agenda…

F8D1C7FB-CF89-4C83-B30C-53432EE3AC37.jpeg

After reading this thread I picked up some oatmilk nog, to see how it tastes. Not good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never saw pre-mixed w/alcohol. We just buy eggnog at the grocery store and amp it up as needed.

Costco sells “electric” eggnog, premixed with booze. Still not as good as buying regular nog and adding the liquor of choice though.

On the lactaid eggnog right now because dairy is no bueno but I'll grab some alcoholic stuff toward Christmas

What liquor are you putting in it if any?

First one was polishing off the bottle of Skrewball that I had and that was quite tasty. 2nd one was with some dark rum and that was also pretty darn good.

So, I have always loved eggnog, but I just got the nonalcoholic version. Well, this past weekend we stopped at a local liquor store and I saw eggnog with alcohol and I decided to give it a try. I am now hooked! I put it over some ice and it’s my go to dessert every night, it’s so good!

We picked up this brand, but I would like to try others. What’s your favorite eggnog brand (with or without alcohol)?

View attachment 8974568
Gonna have to get this now to try cause I love egg nog. Drink way too much during the holidays!

Eggnog shake tonight, need some Maker’s but it good without

0F2F643C-B58B-4D3B-B2AA-D47B13250889.jpeg

Winter weather has arrived - time for the first batch of the season. Had to make it myself this year because, despite being invented in this country, you can't friggin buy it here.

Cheers!

View attachment 9136696
Off topic but, what lunch box do you have that strat piped into, brother?

It's a little 15w Yamaha practice amp. It's not great, but it does the job and it is battery powered making it easy to take along. I think I'm somewhat long term settled in here, so it's time to buy something a little more substantial.

31cac0fddd7852a75db514d6eddc0b2b.jpg

We may have overdone it just a bit. And that oatmilk stuff is awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having some of that Lactaid Eggnog with a splash or 6 of Norman, Ok. Makers Mark Private Selection courtesy of @MarMill. So good!!

Last edited:

Please report back on the Kirkland offering. I have picked it up and put it back twice this week. Is it the one made with wine, or the one made with proper booze?

Edit: never mind on the liquor question, I now see it’s predominantly displayed on the label

I noticed that as well. Tiny little thing. I might have thought he'd have cranked it into a giant Marshall!

It's a little 15w Yamaha practice amp. It's not great, but it does the job and it is battery powered making it easy to take along. I think I'm somewhat long term settled in here, so it's time to buy something a little more substantial.

I remember reading years ago about rock band using battery powered amps to get rid of the background "hum"! I couldn't remember the brand name of the amp, so I did a quick google search for "battery powered guitar amps". No names mentioned there rang a bell, but that little Yamaha amp that you have came up at the top of the "best of" list!

I noticed that as well. Tiny little thing. I might have thought he'd have cranked it into a giant Marshall!

I remember reading years ago about rock band using battery powered amps to get rid of the background "hum"! I couldn't remember the brand name of the amp, so I did a quick google search for "battery powered guitar amps". No names mentioned there rang a bell, but that little Yamaha amp that you have came up at the top of the "best of" list!
Those little lunchbox amps pack a surprising punch. If that's a Yamaha TH series, those little buggers are plenty loud for an bedroom or apartment and have some pretty decent modeling capabilities for the price.

Having some of that Lactaid Eggnog with a splash or 6 of Norman, Ok. Makers Mark Private Selection courtesy of @MarMill. So good!!
Nice. Surprised you still have some!

Please report back on the Kirkland offering. I have picked it up and put it back twice this week. Is it the one made with wine, or the one made with proper booze?

Edit: never mind on the liquor question, I now see it’s predominantly displayed on the label

The Kirkland stuff is pretty good. I like it.

Those little lunchbox amps pack a surprising punch. If that's a Yamaha TH series, those little buggers are plenty loud for an bedroom or apartment and have some pretty decent modeling capabilities for the price.
It's definitely perfect for my home office. I can't really take the master past 3 or 4 without waking up the neighborhood. The sound quality is good, and most of the better modeling control is done via an app, which makes it easy to change from your lap, and not need to get off the couch.

Back