I've never seen pre-mixed egg nog! Up here, we usually just get Dairyland brand from the grocery store and mix in the dark rum at home.

Is the Evan Williams stuff shelf-stable if unopened, or does it always need to be stored in the refrigerator?

That's what my buddy does. He buys an Egg Nog mixer, a bottle of Rum, and goes to town. He has a recipe which is great! it is a delicious Egg Nog! I have to admit that I was a little susupicious at first, but I am now a fan!

It's time!! Eggnog and Makers on the menu tonight.

No eggnog for me until Thanksgiving. Then I am all in through the rest of the year. No favorite brand, but usually the ones pre-mixed with booze aren't as good so if I want it with whiskey I mix my own.

That's the way to go!

1637718572914607727005283980795.jpg

Just the absolute best dairy free eggnog money can buy.

Anyone getting into the eggnog yet this year?

My wife saw some wine-based eggnog the other day. Is that a common thing? I've never heard of it, but think it would be inferior to rum or whiskey.

Eggnog is gross. I drink maybe one small glass a year out of responsibility.

My wife saw some wine-based eggnog the other day. Is that a common thing? I've never heard of it, but think it would be inferior to rum or whiskey.
Wine? and eggnog? I fear that would curdle in my stomach and cause many gastrointestinal issues not limited to projectile vomiting.

Eggnog was already in our grocery store last week, I think that’s the earliest I have ever seen it around here. Yes, my wife picked some up.

If you have a Kroger near you, get the store brand Pumpkin Egg Nog. I have people buying 3 and 4 at a time now its so good.

If you have a Kroger near you, get the store brand Pumpkin Egg Nog. I have people buying 3 and 4 at a time now its so good.

Definitely gonna try it! Thanks for the heads up!

I like a bit of eggnog and get the Southern Comfort brand. Really good taste to it and just a bit of brandy to it once in a while but can drink non alcohol in it too.

I get the vanilla from Kroger. My favorite. Haven't seen it yet at the store though but did get a carton from Costco that is gone already.

I have another lactaid one in the fridge right now. It's still amazing.

I love it. We drink it year round.

At some point right around Christmas Eve or Christmas Day I will allow myself one little 4-5oz serving of eggnog if it's on offer. I do like it but it's just way too unhealthy to eat in any significant quantity. And I say "eat" because it's closer to a food than a drink, nutritionally. Kind of like Guiness, where there's a loaf of bread in every pint.

Eggnog + cinnamon + sugar + nutmeg + bourbon + bourbon + bourbon = tasty

Last edited:
View attachment 9046951

Just the absolute best dairy free eggnog money can buy.

I picked up some almond milk eggnog at Aldi this past weekend. It's not great, but it's not terrible either.

I don't know about that. A little while ago I thought that I might becoming lactose intolerant, since that can happen later in life, and I was experiencing some "unpleasant intervals" shall we say. So, the next time I was at the store I picked up a half gallon of almond milk. Almost all soy grown in America these days is GMO, so I wasn't going to buy that, and I had heard that almond milk does not spoil. To me, it doesn't matter whether it spoils or not, it was hideous! I take my coffee black now.

I don't know about that. A little while ago I thought that I might becoming lactose intolerant, since that can happen later in life, and I was experiencing some "unpleasant intervals" shall we say. So, the next time I was at the store I picked up a half gallon of almond milk. Almost all soy grown in America these days is GMO, so I wasn't going to buy that, and I had heard that almond milk does not spoil. To me, it doesn't matter whether it spoils or not, it was hideous! I take my coffee black now.
Mine isn't almond milk. I think you would enjoy it if you tried it.

Nothing beats the real thing for taste and consistency. But my wife is lactose intolerant and I probably shouldn’t have it either. So we buy the alternatives.

The almond milk nog just doesn’t taste quite right, but it will do. Especially with some whiskey in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back