Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switched to T-Mobile from Sprint JB and wow...what a difference. You said you had good coverage in your area so that is good. The data is so fast you can eat it up fast. I went with the 3Gb's option. I approach it it every month and when it passes the 3Gb they throttle it down but still unlimited. The data speed when throttled down is more than acceptable. In comparison to Sprint it is still a lot faster even throttled down. Take note though...4Glte on Sprint was hardly foynd so my experience could be exaggerated on speed difference.

Awesome info. Thank you. It appears based on my research that the T-Mobile of old with spotty coverage and such and large places is gone. With the new DataBank and your 3GB option (they just announced this yesterday), you will be in heaven, because you get to carry over and they start your bank with 10gb free of charge.

Just love what this CEO is doing and saying. He may be brash, but he gets it and understands what the consumers want. We will see if its enough to make strides, but so far I like what I am seeing and hearing.

Awesome info. Thank you. It appears based on my research that the T-Mobile of old with spotty coverage and such and large places is gone. With the new DataBank and your 3GB option (they just announced this yesterday), you will be in heaven, because you get to carry over and they start your bank with 10gb free of charge.

Just love what this CEO is doing and saying. He may be brash, but he gets it and understands what the consumers want. We will see if its enough to make strides, but so far I like what I am seeing and hearing.
This "Databank" is unknown to me but I like what you said if I understand correctly. Will have to look into it. Wonder if it will be automatic and grandfathered into existing plans or I have to call...once I understand it.

This "Databank" is unknown to me but I like what you said if I understand correctly. Will have to look into it. Wonder if it will be automatic and grandfathered into existing plans or I have to call...once I understand it.

I think you call and its a big deal. DataStash

I think you call and its a big deal. DataStash
That is huge...starts in January automatically on qualified plans. Going to store to confirm.

That is huge...starts in January automatically on qualified plans. Going to store to confirm.

Awesome. Yeah its a pretty freaking awesome thing they have going. Love what the new CEO is doing.

Awesome. Yeah its a pretty freaking awesome thing they have going. Love what the new CEO is doing.
I like this guy and see what you mean. Thanks for the heads up.

Confirmed in store. January...it's automated...and I qualify. Good stuff.

Good lord I am a Legere fan. Check this out from his interview.

Pogue: But here’s your coverage map, and another map withVerizon’s depiction of your coverage. They’re nothing alike! So what’s the truth in there?
7d88abea8a3a97c137b8eb9237392113d6247942.jpg

Legere: You mean the one on the right that the National Advertising Board told them they can’t use anymore? It’s a crock. Lawyers? Get ’em!
(And you know what’s wild? By the end of the live interview, Verizon had removed its map of T-Mobile’s coverage from its site!)

Looking at a media streamer as I have been downloading TV series episodes for a number of things lately and watching them on my phone at lunchtime at work, but the ones for Jen are currently sitting on my PC upstairs so I am looking at options for streaming them to the TV in the living room - future plans are for a separate NAS for storage and backup, and at the moment I have been dropping the files onto a USB memory stick and luckily everything has been supported and played by the TV but I have no doubt I won't always be so lucky as the TV will not support all file types

I have been doing some research and looked at the Dune players but it appears they are disappearing and the support for them is almost non-existant, so the favourite at the moment is one of the Mede8er boxes. As I have plans for a NAS, I am just considering the entry level 600X3D model without an internal HD as I can plug either the USB stick or an external HD into it, or switch the PC on upstairs and stream directly from that in the short term

Does anyone have any of the Mede8er boxes that could give some feedback?

We officially made the switch to T-Mobile. Pretty excited about it actually. Love what their CEO is doing.

Just one, and conveniently the only town they service? Ours. No att in town, etc, as far as landlines go. It's lame, and like 110/mo for Internet that isn't all that great.
That IS high. Our Google Fiber is $132 total per month for internet and TV.

yowzers, have smalls dig a trench to run the google internet to you
I would do it, but I think the attenuation from here to Oklahoma would eat up all the bandwidth!

Still looking at cell phone plans. Not sure we will end up switching, but T-Mobile's plan right now is pretty darn solid. 2 lines, unlimited everything for $100. They have lesser plans where you get 4G for the 1st gb and then 3G after that (still unlimited) for $80 for the two lines. For years they struggled with service, but based on everything I have read that is very much not the same thing that is current.

Then add that I am a huge fan of their CEO and how he is handling their business model.

I also think you have free roaming with T-Mobile internationally which is huge.
Plus the mobile hotspot is part of your data package, and getting more data is pretty cheap, if you need it.

This is new to me, and looking it up, it looks like I qualify for it too. It will be an interesting feature, and since I have yet to come close to reaching my data limit, I should have plenty every month from here on out, even when we travel. Which is when we use the data the most, as hotspot.

We officially made the switch to T-Mobile. Pretty excited about it actually. Love what their CEO is doing.
Congrats. Let us know how you like it. What phones did you get?

Mobile hotspot was part of our VZW plan as well.
She got a LG G3 and I got a Blackberry Passport.

Based on what I average in data usage every month I'll be stashing well over 2 gigs a month, so after a year, I should usually have well over 20 gigs stashed every month forever. No worries for me on data!

Based on what I average in data usage every month I'll be stashing well over 2 gigs a month, so after a year, I should usually have well over 20 gigs stashed every month forever. No worries for me on data!

The stash only lasts for 12 months and then you start over again.

The stash only lasts for 12 months and then you start over again.

It looked to me that each month you roll over lasts for 12 months, so you have 12 months of rolling over at any given time after a year. The 10 gigs they give you at the beginning only lasts 12 months and then it's gone. Or that's how I read it.

Is there a cap on how long I can stash my data?
Unused data from your 10GB Free Data Stash expires on 12/31/15. Any subsequent rolled data each month has an expiration of 12 months from when it is added to the Data Stash.

Is there a limit to how much data I can put in my Data Stash?
No. There’s no limit to how much data you can collect in your Data Stash. When you need extra 4G LTE data, you’ll automatically start tapping into your earliest data deposits.

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/data-stash-customers.html

And I am not totally sure my plan qualifies. Mine is the unlimited talk and text where I get 3 gigs and Jacqui gets 1 gig of data. But I don't see that it is called a Simple Choice plan.

It looked to me that each month you roll over lasts for 12 months, so you have 12 months of rolling over at any given time after a year. The 10 gigs they give you at the beginning only lasts 12 months and then it's gone. Or that's how I read it.

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/data-stash-customers.html

And I am not totally sure my plan qualifies. Mine is the unlimited talk and text where I get 3 gigs and Jacqui gets 1 gig of data. But I don't see that it is called a Simple Choice plan.

Just got off the phone with Customer Service (talked to someone who sounds like they are here in the states, even!). My plan was NOT included in the promotion, but since it was an older plan, they have been changing all of those plans to the Simple Choice plans. So they changed mine right away. Exactly the same service for the exact same total price. So I am set.

The guy confirmed the above on how the plan works; the 10 gigs goes away if you have any left after a year, and is a one time offer, but everything you have left over rolls over for one year, for each month. So once a year is up you will have 12 months of rolled over data all the time, except for any months you used up all of your monthly data (pre-rollover usage).Each month after that, your oldest month drops off but your current month goes on.

Sounds like a great deal to me. Mine takes effect on my next billing cycle. My phone will roll over, but Jacqui's won't, since she only has a 1 gig plan. But we always use my phone when we are using hot spot.

If only TMo worked better up in NH and VT, where we go on trips often. I love what they're doing, and Legere isn't just changing what they're doing, he's making the rest of the industry react.

ATT right now is the better of two evils right now in terms of service.

We were with T-Mobile for 13 years until 3 months ago when we switched to AT&T. They blow here in Texas unless your by a major city or highway.

I guess its no longer a ponder but I bought a stere tube amp and 2 pairs of Sennheiser headphones. Cant wait to hear how they sound.

Tmobile experience going well so far. They even give you a home tower which we just hooked up. Completely free with them and while we really didn't need it now we are seeing LTE with 4 bars throughout the entire house

Tmobile experience going well so far. They even give you a home tower which we just hooked up. Completely free with them and while we really didn't need it now we are seeing LTE with 4 bars throughout the entire house

Is that standard for all customers? We have a radiant roof barrier that blocks a lot of signal so we only get one bar of lte inside with att.

Is that standard for all customers? We have a radiant roof barrier that blocks a lot of signal so we only get one bar of lte inside with att.

It is standard. Its a two way signal repeater, so one goes in the spot with the best service in the home and the other goes in a central spot. We hooked it up and went from 2 bars throughout the house in LTE to full service (4 bars) of LTE everywhere in the house.

Totally free.

So I can't get a BB thru work, so left with Apple, Android or Windows. Thinking Nokia Lumia 1520 (I think that's the model).

It is standard. Its a two way signal repeater, so one goes in the spot with the best service in the home and the other goes in a central spot. We hooked it up and went from 2 bars throughout the house in LTE to full service (4 bars) of LTE everywhere in the house.

Totally free.

What's this home tower called? And it's completely free? Any deposit? I see they have a few things and I want to ask about the right one.

Snap a picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back