Status
Not open for further replies.
Dealt with him in a previous job. Like every genius, he’s a complete odd ball.

Thinks outside the box first thing that comes to mind.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

If you are a person that cares about business it is.
He has started a number of businesses that are considered the standard in their industries such as online payments and electric cars.
Yo be fair he didn't start Tesla but yeah PayPal and Tesla both very successful. I'm not a fan of him and he does manipulate the market, but him buying 9 percent of Twitter doesn't change much because the board still runs it. I know he is for free speech and I agree with that 100 percent.

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty admirable that when Valensky decried that Ukraine didn’t have internet due to the invasion, Musk promptly directed his satellites to provide free internet to all of Ukraine.. free of charge. Now that’s wealth blessing others.

Also it will be pretty cool if he now flexes his shareholding power to allow our former President back on Twitter. Not getting political, but free speech is always a good thing, no matter how one views matters etc.

This so well said I will simply retweet repeat it.

He is an outspoken advocate of free speech. My understanding of Mr. Musk is that he has expressed opposition to Twitter's practices and has contemplated staring his own social media platform. Perhaps he feels it is more effective to attempt a reform of Twitter from within, while making money in the process. Perhaps not necessarily in that order.

It is interesting that it takes that kind of wealth these days to have one's voice heard in the management of large corporations. Through mutual funds and ETFs, three firms - BlackRock, State Street, and Vanguard - control 25% of the shares in the S&P 500, and I think it's safe to say an significant fraction of fund share owners disagree with how those three firms are casting vote in those corporations.

That concentration of wealth and the power that comes with it power quite frankly scare me, because the lure to wield that kind of power for personal gain is almost irresistible. Or so I'm told. I would like to find out for myself someday.
Black rock is like the 3rd largest economy in the world 🤬🤦‍♂️. The bank I work for gives them a metric crap ton of liquid capital too

Musk is one of the rarest of the rare, and probably the greatest living businessmen of our times. When humans eventually go to Mars it will likely be on a SpaceX Starship. Not only did he create Tesla, he revolutionized the entire manufacturing process to allow complete flexibility and constant updates. He brought real, affordable high speed Internet to countless people who were underserved and ignored for years. I get that everyone hates rich successful people but he's so far ahead of the curve it's almost impossible to quantify the real significance of his impact on the world. Personally I can't wait to see what else he achieves in his lifetime.

Dealt with him in a previous job. Like every genius, he’s a complete odd ball.
would love to know more here @Mark_UK

Wish I had some of my Twitter stock from a while back... huge gainz for the investors.

One thing he has done is create massive amounts of high paying jobs. For instance, I never understood the hate for his Billion Dollar rockets. It may be a bit of a toy for him (and other billionaires), but the amount of jobs that creates from the high priced engineers down to the high priced machinists that have the expertise to make the critical, specialized parts all benefit from it.

My opinion varies on him day by day but I will admit that what he does is usually entertaining.

as a tax guy, i love him calling out so much of the dumb rhetoric and talking points that are out there about ultra wealthy people not paying taxes, as well as some of the tax policy changes that have been floated recently.

Yo be fair he didn't start Tesla but yeah PayPal and Tesla both very successful. I'm not a fan of him and he doesn't manipulate the market, but him buying 9 percent of Twitter doesn't change much because the board still runs it. I know he is for free speech and I agree with that 100 percent.
Stating publicly that you are buying back stock to go private is manipulation, especially when you dont do it.

One thing he has done is create massive amounts of high paying jobs. For instance, I never understood the hate for his Billion Dollar rockets. It may be a bit of a toy for him (and other billionaires), but the amount of jobs that creates from the high priced engineers down to the high priced machinists that have the expertise to make the critical, specialized parts all benefit from it.

i was listening to a podcast recently and jessica meir was saying how so many technologies were born from the space race. i'd like to think the current semi-privatized space race will produce just as many innovations. that, as well as the massive influx of jobs and money to local economies doesn't seem to be a bad thing to me.

Again for accuracy he didn't found Tesla. Tesla wasn't even the first full electric car. It's like apple others did it before the iphone he just upped the ante and made the rest of the industry follow. Gm tried in the 90s and it was a massive failure, Honda mad crv electrics in the 90s and early 2k because the CARB stuff in CA. But Tesla is a whole different beast and has changed the landscape.

Stating publicly that you are buying back stock to go private is manipulation, especially when you dont do it.
My bad that was supposed to say he does manipulate the market. My autocorrect got me. He absolutely does and has been fined and warned multiple times about it.

I'm not sure his life's story is terribly interesting.
His story is actually quite interesting. He was nearly killed by bullies as a child and created more companies that are household names than anyone I know of. The story of Tesla and Spacex alone could have their own documentaries. You don’t gotta love the guy but his story is probably more interesting than 99% of the population

Again for accuracy he didn't found Tesla. Tesla wasn't even the first full electric car. It's like apple others did it before the iphone he just upped the ante and made the rest of the industry follow. Gm tried in the 90s and it was a massive failure, Honda mad crv electrics in the 90s and early 2k because the CARB stuff in CA. But Tesla is a whole different beast and has changed the landscape.
No he didnt. A year after it started, he became the largest shareholder and CEO. To be fair, it wasn't until post that money that the company produced the Roadster.
That doesnt change that the electric vehicle is synonymous with Tesla, just as online payments are with his prior venture. And before that, business directory was. His track record is pretty rock solid, despite my views on his financial manipulations.

No he didnt. A year after it started, he became the largest shareholder and CEO. To be fair, it wasn't until post that money that the company produced the Roadster.
That doesnt change that the electric vehicle is synonymous with Tesla, just as online payments are with his prior venture. And before that, business directory was. His track record is pretty rock solid, despite my views on his financial manipulations.
Absolutely agree. I am not a fan of him personally but you cannot deny what he has built and helped build. The only reason I even know about Honda building the CR-V is because in high school a guy in the air force was transfered to eglin when I lived in Destin and I went to HS with his son and he had 1. Think it was the first 1 in FL. Had to be tough with no charging stations.

Reactions: JB
i was listening to a podcast recently and jessica meir was saying how so many technologies were born from the space race. i'd like to think the current semi-privatized space race will produce just as many innovations. that, as well as the massive influx of jobs and money to local economies doesn't seem to be a bad thing to me.

I was just about to jump in and say this, so it is obviously an excellent point!

He's an interesting, maybe even fascinating, personality. I strongly agree with some of the things he's done and scratch my head at others, but he's definitely not afraid to break new ground and forge new paths in anything he does.

He's as close to a real like Tony stark as we're going to get in this lifetime. Yeah he seems quirky but he also has a sense of humor and trolls a lot, which I find comical. He does a lot of good things for other people.

People will always find something to complain about, like he doesn't pay enough taxes or give to charity, or maybe he too liberal in other ways, but he's doing what he likes, trying to make the world somewhat better, and yeah he's making a boatload of money but who wouldn't want that

He's a visionary and he's not like the rest of us.

I find him interesting but found it funny he challenged Putin, lol

He could buy Twitter if he wanted and it might be cheaper than building one from scratch.

He would have to fire 60% of the staff of he did.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back