End of year WITB and WWBIB 2022

In the 100% safe category - MD5 wedges. 54 S grind, 58 LBW. I guess they might not truly be "safe" in that I might get a backup set and put the new grooves in. Ever since the MD4 I have not found a wedge that I like anywhere near the Callaway models.

Likely safe: 2-ball Ten. Again, I might replace it for the same model 1 inch shorter. I haven't decided on that.

Pretty safe: The two drivers I rotate in and out (G410 LST and Epic Speed). I don't see them going anywhere.

Not safe: Apex Pro irons. It bums me out, but these just haven't clicked for me. Might be a shaft fit, but contact just has been so-so since I got them, and I can't put my finger on it. This spot in the bag has been my biggest issue for the past few years. Found a good deal on a set of JPX 921 Forged with my shafts in them (CTL in short supply) because I had some really good success with them years back. But... I'd prefer something with a Chevron on it here - it's just a spot I've never clicked with them.

Not safe: Epic Flash 3W. I'd like to go back to a 4W and there's an Epic Speed, Mavrik, or whatever comes out this year that's got my name on it. The dark horse here is going back to my old 816 Alpha (the best fairway wood ever).

Not safe: Apex hybrids. Going to move to something with a bit more help here, more in the small fairway spot. Might go towards the JPX Fli Hi route - I had one of those years ago and it was like cheating. But also going to look at both the Apex UW and the Cleveland Hybrid/wood combo at the top of the bag. Or the new standard Apex hybrid. Just want high launch and straight here.

Anyway, that's my rambling about my bag.

M Craft IV feels like an extension of my arm, and I have absolute confidence in it. I'll try a couple of the new ones, and 1 Cobra in particular has my curiosity.
you and I may be eyeing the same Cobra putter ;)

That’s likely the only thing to be added to the bag, unless Edel comes out with a black finish wedge, then all bets are off.

Last edited:
In the 100% safe category - MD5 wedges. 54 S grind, 58 LBW. I guess they might not truly be "safe" in that I might get a backup set and put the new grooves in.
I like that idea as I’ve really been enjoying my wedges.

I like that idea as I’ve really been enjoying my wedges.

I'm lucky that the stock setup works for me, so I just troll Callaway Preowned when they've got wedge sales.

I'm lucky that the stock setup works for me, so I just troll Callaway Preowned when they've got wedge sales.
I’m digging the modus 115 wedge shaft, which unfortunately isn’t stock that often. If mine go in close out for the next model though I’ll grab another set. May convince myself to get a low bounce version just because.

Epic Max Driver is pretty safe. It isn’t the longest but it is so forgiving and always in play. I think it would be foolish to change anything there

I’m going to add Apex UW 17° and 21° in place of my apex hybrid and XForged UT. They have been good clubs but I am very intrigued by the UW and what I have seen trying them on course is promising especially the 21°

Apex pro irons are 100% safe. No chance I change irons next year.

Sm8 wedges may get swapped out at some point next year depending on what comes out. Maybe SM9 or MD6.

Putter I’m planning on something from the Toulon Garage when it opens back up. Most likely a Chicago or San Diego. I’m even more curious about some of the tech being teased.

Didn’t you have like 9 bags in 2021? Clearly nothing is safe for you 😜😂
I'm actually pretty loyal. I just like to try things. And counting is bad. You shouldn't do that. Ever.

- I just read this to my wife and got the EXACT look you'd expect. :LOL:

i'd say the only things safe in the bag are the UW and Putter. the irons are mostly safe but i have a wandering eye and irons easily catch it.

1D2760E7-3338-41EC-95AF-EF2D248BBFA8.jpeg
Well, I’ve replaced 13 of 14 clubs since I started back playing at the end of the summer.

Current setup:
Driver: TM Sim Max 10.5
3 Wood: TM RBZ
Hybrid: Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-GW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 54* and 58*
Putter: TM Spider FCG

I don’t expect to change much next year. Loving these Mizuno irons and Cleveland wedges. Still digging the Spider FCG putter. Getting better with the Apex hybrid, so it’ll probably stay. I’ll definitely be looking at a new 3 wood and I’ll keep trying drivers to see if I find anything better.

View attachment 9049527
Well, I’ve replaced 13 of 14 clubs since I started back playing at the end of the summer.

Current setup:
Driver: TM Sim Max 10.5
3 Wood: TM RBZ
Hybrid: Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-GW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 54* and 58*
Putter: TM Spider FCG

I don’t expect to change much next year. Loving these Mizuno irons and Cleveland wedges. Still digging the Spider FCG putter. Getting better with the Apex hybrid, so it’ll probably stay. I’ll definitely be looking at a new 3 wood and I’ll keep trying drivers to see if I find anything better.
Spider FCG making a rare appearance! 👊

SIM Max 3 wood (hook machine; why can't a forgiving 3 wood sit NOT closed at address!) and TP Juno putter (I just have no business using a blade) are both on the rocks right now, everything else I absolutely love still.

I have tried a handful of 3 woods and really only like 4 at address so that narrows it down dramatically and I am pretty much ready to buy an M Craft Type III today.

This is what I ended my year with.

42F518DC-0C68-4156-8DCE-62D54274EFA6.jpeg

Next year I'd be open to different irons (I have a Mizuno or Hogan itch to scratch) and driver. I for sure want a different 50* wedge and I'm sure I'll check out a putter or two. My hybrids and the other wedges are cemented in the bag.

My bag is always in flux….

Nothing is safe…Ever. I enjoy tinkering too much.

I think the only club that has a chance to stay next season is my Sim Ti (19) 5 wood. I find fws difficult to get right for me and its a setup that I can hit off the tee and fairway.

I think I’ll game a blade putter next season. The Ofyssey OG and Ben Hogan Milled have been fun.

Recently picked up a Speedzone XB driver and its been a good bit of fun on the simulator. I’m curious if it will stay in the bag into next season.

Both answers are my signature. The only thing subject to change on any given day depending on what feels right when I leave the house is the putter.

The 2021 bag is in flux. My WITB with irons and wedges changes day to day. 2022 will bring more changes. I plan to be more strategic with equipment for next year. My game is on the rise with what I feel is a more consistent and sustainable skill set. Ready to take the next step.

For 2022 I will turn over the top of the bag: Driver, 3w, 3hy. I look forward to seeing new releases.

With irons I currently have a slight preference for ZX7’s blended with the t200 5 and 4. That setup is fun. T100s is right there and still in the running. For 2022, I will gives the new Mizuno line a close look.

With wedges I have gone back and forth between zipcore and sm8. I like both but also love new wedges.

Putter. M-craft IV is still in the bag. That’s honestly the longest a putter has stuck around. I’m also looking for a mallet to join a lean quiver. There may be a few other additions.

Mizuno ST-Z and Super Hybrid 2h are both safe for next year.
The TE 3h is probably safe but should I come into riches I'd replace it with a Super Hybrid that gave me the same rough distance.
Irons are safe primarily due to budget. If I could I'd add a second setup with more forgiveness (921 HM/HMP topping that list).
Wedges probably safe for one more year. They'll probably hit that round threshold next year and I'll probably look for a CB type wedge. I like to full swing my wedges (to mediocre results but that's everything in my game 😆) so something with forgiveness also seems appropriate.
Putter is the closest thing to not safe in the bag. I love the feel of my Hogan putter but the results are extremely mixed. With technology advances and the fitting capabilities of today it's definitely something I'm pondering for next season.

We're in December now. Warm weather folks still plugging away, but many are mostly done for the year. We have tons of New Hotness coming though, and details and pictures ate starting to get around.

SO, after a year of tinkering as we of this sickness are known to do, what did you settle on in the end? What's In Your Bag to end 2021?

And What Will Be In Your Bag in 2022?!

What's safe? What's a dog just waiting to be put down? What's fine but the new stuff coming is sure to outdo? Prognosticate.

Pictures are encouraged!!

Sorry if someone already started one of these.
Everything in my bag is safe except I'll have to probably replace wedges and I'm interested in the new Odyssey offerings. Doesn't necessarily mean that I'll be replacing my putter but I'm listening......

As of right now I really like my WITB. I just got my new T200s this year and my driver with the new Kinetixx shaft has been working really well. I might need to try some different FW woods even though I like my TSI2s. My wedges are SM8s and I have all lofts so I can switch stuff around depending how I set up my bag. I just added the King Tec hybrid which is a joy to hit.

I do like seeing all of the new equipment that comes out. If something peaks my interest I would go try it out. I also have a set of KBS shafts here I was fit for that need heads. I’ll keep a look out for some Apex 21s for those. 2022 will bring a Vessel stand bag at some point also! 🤣

Very good question. I want to blow up my bag in 2022 with a CC fitting. It’s been I think 4 years since my last CC fitting and I’m still playing the same driver, irons, and 3w. If I do it, I’ll wind up with whatever CC recommends - all pured and built by them.

Current Bag:
Ping G30 10.5*, stiff flex stock
Nike VR Pro 4w, Project X 6.0
Nike VR Pro 3h/4h, Project X 6.0
Ping G25 5-PW, stiff flex stock
Callaway X-Forged 56* MD, wedge flex
Cally X-Tour 52*/60* MD, wedge flex
Odyssey Black #2

I did a fitting a TXG a few weeks ago, and my new bag will be:

Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex
Odyssey Black #2

My bank account is really hurting as I'm starting to buy all the pieces. Can't wait to get back on the course in the spring though.

That new set up looks freaking 🔥!

Welcome to THP. Don't be a stranger.

I will go with what was in the bag for the last round I could post:
Mavrik 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue white 60 stiff
TM M6 14* w/Oban Isawa 70 stiff
TM Sim Max 18* stock Ventus stiff
Ping 425 Max 9W (set to 22*) Mitsubishi C6 stiff
Ping i200 5-PW Steelfiber i95s
Ping Glide 50*
Callaway MD4 54* bent to 53*
Callaway MD5 58* X 12* of bounce.
Scotty Cameron Futura long 48"

My bag for the start of next year will look completely different.

Driver: Up for debate. I got fitted and the Titleist TSi2 was slightly better than my Mavrik but maybe not enough to make a switch. I am going to spend some time trying to learn to swing up into the ball a bit which could change what fits well.

Thinking of a change at the top of the bag. I don't have a big carry difference for my 3 and 5 woods. I am thinking of replacing with something in the 16* range then gapping to the 9W. The reason is that we have a couple of par 3s at my club that I could use something that goes the same 185 as my 9W but I can flight lower. Like a 4 utility. I realize it would give me two clubs that go a similar distance but given how windy my club is that makes sense. I hit the Sim 2 Ti 5W the other day set to 17* and it was carrying almost as far as my M6 14*. This seems to be a super hot head and I think it could be a good fit.

My new irons came the other day. 5i T200. 6-AW (48*) T100s with Modus 120 S soft stepped once.

Wedges once the new Vokeys are released I am going to get into the same grinds I was fit into. It will be a 52 bent to 53 and the 58.

Putter I am toying with going with the Bryson putting method for next year. I have a modified long putter I am playing around with which isn't perfect for the technique but it has been positive enough that I am thinking of getting fit for a Sik DW armlock.

I love shiny new stuff :p

Current bag:
Cobra RADSPEED D, 5, 7
Titleist 818 H2 5H
Titleist (2019) T300 6i
Titleist (2019) T200 7-P
Cobra King Tour MIM PW
Cobra Snakebite 50* & 56*

I will probably change wedges just to freshen up. Also will be looking at the new drivers when they come out. The FW's, H, and irons are pretty darn safe. I have tried several times to kick the irons out, but they just play perfect for me.

That new set up looks freaking 🔥!

Welcome to THP. Don't be a stranger.

Thanks! This is going to be a looonnnngggg winter. I played my last round of golf a few weeks back, and the only thing I can think of a lot of times is, "is winter over yet?". :D

I never really got set in 2021, bounced between three iron sets, Srixon ZX7, Z Forged, and Titleist MB. Ended up going back to the Titleist TSi3 driver and 3 wood with a 5 wood on the way. Zipcore and Vokey wedges went in and out and a bunch of putters.
A15CBD59-28FA-4272-A4A6-C95B44CBBBE5.jpeg8C9510C3-A4E8-46F8-ACDE-3E900AC54CB2.jpeg037F7687-5DF1-4F3D-BFD7-7F2AB1E231A5.jpeg
For 2022, I have a T100 set coming but will be considering a TM set up of P7 MB and the new woods with MG3 wedges.

Hmmm….

Current:
Mizuno ST-X
Cobra RAD Big Tour 3
Callaway Apex UW 19
Callaway X Forged UT 21
Titleist T100 5-PW
Mizuno T22 51/55/62
Mizuno M.Craft V

Of those? I think the UW and the M.Craft survive. Likely more Mizuno irons, Edel wedges, new Cobra 3w, Srixon UT

Back