Energy drink; yes or no & if yes which one?

mt dew amp, original. AND NOTHING ELSE! Its the only one I can drink without wanting to barf!

Ill drink MAYBE 1-2 per week

I’m on a huge kick right now with these 2, they remind me of an Orange Julius.

4C66B8A9-5C37-4509-B7F8-64DC5EBDA33F.jpeg0F9433AA-E9EE-4F3B-99BF-D5E8D21A901F.jpeg

What is the caffeine content?

0 sugar
300mg natural caffeine

I tend to drink Gatorade Zero or Powerade Zero or water on the course. I try to avoid caffeine except in a preworkout before going to the gym.

Not a fan at all. I have yet to find one that doesn't taste like ... well, dookie. I have zero interest in drinking anything that tastes that bad.

Bang works for me. I stay away from anything mango or guava because they don't sound appealing. I tried the Miami Cola... I didn't like that.:sick:

I love RedBull. Don’t drink it anymore, but I used to drink gallons of the stuff. I’d have a load at work to get me through night shifts, then I’d drink loads on my day off with either vodka or whisky in em.

I mean I assume you already aware of the negative health impacts... Plus hot coffee just feels better for me.

Bang works for me!
I just have to remember not to drink one before weapons qualification!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m not a fan and avoid them. I think they are much worse on the cardiovascular system than they are given credit for and we won’t really know for sure for another 20 years or more.

e5710077-51ba-4533-95d6-27e9cf1fa7fe_1.696622b79e1a5c5970f5c5f4776ec6da.jpeg

Yes for days! I don't really drink energy drinks anymore, try stick to coffee.. But if I do, this is the go to!! Delish.

still enjoy the nice sugar free redbull... however I am on the copious amounts of coffee regime lately.

If I want to drink something that will give me lots of energy, I'd probably go for a smoothie/shake made with low-carb ice cream, fresh ground peanuts, and half and half.... with a bit of full cream to thicken it up a bit.

I would expect anything with a lot of sugar or caffeine would be detrimental. I'll probably use straight water with BCAA, like I do during workouts. Perhaps add a powdered electrolyte on hot days.

I just have to remember not to drink one before weapons qualification!
Oh, man, I can't even imagine. I re-qualified a week and a half ago, and got chastised by the RSO for shooting too fast. All I'd drank that day was water.

I like energy drinks. I’m still prone to grab one at the gas station before or after a longer day or night. No real preference, but I usually reach for Monster.

Yep. Protein and fat is wear it's at.
Wellll... that depends on the objective :)

Complex carbs, protein, and fat (in that order) take time to digest, and thus be available for provide energy. In the meantime the digestion process is actually an energy drain. So, sure: You can chow-down a protein bar or drink a protein shake just before or during play, but it won't actually do anything for you until long after you're done playing. Except perhaps slow you down.

The exception to the above are the branched-chain amino acids, a group of three amino acids (proteins) that bypass all that, get directly into the blood steam, and become immediately available.

Simple carbs (sugar) metabolize quickly, but are just as quickly exhausted. Thus the typical sugar high/crash cycle.

Caffeine is simply a stimulant. The debate over whether its benefits outweigh its detriments rages on, but one thing is certain: It does nothing to aid fitness except provide a temporary illusion of increased energy.

Disclaimer: I am neither a doctor, health professional of any kind, or fitness expert. The above is merely my layman's opinion based on several years of my own research.

Wellll... that depends on the objective :)

Complex carbs, protein, and fat (in that order) take time to digest, and thus be available for provide energy. In the meantime the digestion process is actually an energy drain. So, sure: You can chow-down a protein bar or drink a protein shake just before or during play, but it won't actually do anything for you until long after you're done playing. Except perhaps slow you down.

The exception to the above are the branched-chain amino acids, a group of three amino acids (proteins) that bypass all that, get directly into the blood steam, and become immediately available.

Simple carbs (sugar) metabolize quickly, but are just as quickly exhausted. Thus the typical sugar high/crash cycle.

Caffeine is simply a stimulant. The debate over whether its benefits outweigh its detriments rages on, but one thing is certain: It does nothing to aid fitness except provide a temporary illusion of increased energy.

Disclaimer: I am neither a doctor, health professional of any kind, or fitness expert. The above is merely my layman's opinion based on several years of my own research.

You have a point, but one of the reasons those all take longer to digest is that the body wants to digest the simple carbs first. If you skip that step completely by not adding simple carbs (or any carbs for that matter) into the equation, then the body can skip right to the good stuff. Sure you're gonna get trace carbs from many sources, but if you limit them to the bare necessities, then the energy is virtually non-stop.

Monster -white can

I don't drink them because i need a boost in energy. I don't feel any difference. I just enjoy the taste.

Back