I'd like to see ESPN improve.
Report on Sports, tell great stories, share highlights.

Really bored of aggressive opinion.

I’ve not legitimately watched ESPN for anything other than a football game or the occasional golf in years. Their stuff just got, really really bad.
I'm right there with you. I can't remember the last time I turned it on, if it wasn't golf or football :eek:

That’s what the Manning Universe is, outside of that, this network is just so bad

If ESPN is sold off, do the NBA and NFL tv deals go with it?

A few years ago they made a very clear turn toward keeping the biggest names over talented journalists. It’s a shame. That trend has continued.

Suzy Kolber just tweeted that she was laid off too. The purge continues.

I haven't watched espn in a decade at least. It started just being folks taking themselves and sports way too seriously. It was a lot of arguing and yelling about kids games and it got annoying.
Every time I would flip past the channel it would be the same people arguing the same points about the same thing.
Its old and boring.

I keep a cable subscription to watch live sports and because it's packaged with my internet, but I watch ESPN 95% of the time when the TV is on and live sports aren't. Hate to see anyone lose their job, they're all talented people and I don't think it's really their fault but rather ESPN programming not evolving and making things more interesting. Too many similar talk shows and outlandish opinions. The TNT guys have shown how organic things can be, although I'm not 100% sure you can replicate something like that.

I love PTI for the quick hits and I think those guys are pretty level-headed. Around the Horn is OK but definitely a full notch below PTI. SVP is obviously the man and Sports Center is the bread & butter. 30 for 30s and E:60's are great. Keep First Take or something similar for the people who enjoy actively engaging and getting riled up about sports. The seasonal sports related stuff is decent enough - College Game Day, NFL Live, Baseball Tonight, NBA Countdown, etc.

I do think they are due for some innovation and fresh blood.

the fact that you keep naming people who are gone and I either don't know who they are, or didn't know they were on ESPN, is a decent representation of how much I currently watch ESPN haha

They're going to have some nice cap space moving forward.

(shamelessly stolen joke)
That cap space will be eaten up by Mcafee and Stephen A haha

That’s what the Manning Universe is, outside of that, this network is just so bad
It's awful... and it was so good once upon a time.

Reactions: JB
Suzie Kolber is the only 1 I will miss.
Good riddance to Max Kellerman. Should have been fired 5 years ago.

talk about sports.. Not your political opinions using sports as a platform. I used to listen to a lot of ESPN radio. I had to cut it off. Couldn't take it anymore.

The only time I ever watch ESPN is if they're covering the early rounds of a golf tournament. Never touch it other than that, there's nothing there that interests me.

Haven't watched ESPN in about 5+ years

All going for hot takes was too much

Kellerman shouldn't be allowed to watch sports much less get paid to talk about them.
That's why he was hilarious. Just terrible take after terrible take

The only non-live event I watch on espn is college Gameday. I hope they leave that format relatively untouched. I also hope Pat McAfee’s show is a trainwreck.

Back