smgoldstein

2022 Goat Cupper
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Under pressure to cut costs it is being reported that a bunch of "on-air" talent will be let go. Confirmed to have been cut are Jeff Van Gundy and Jalen Rose. Shame-I really enjoyed Van Gundy.

Under pressure to cut costs it is being reported that a bunch of "on-air" talent will be let go. Confirmed to have been cut are Jeff Van Gundy and Jalen Rose. Shame-I really enjoyed Van Gundy.
This is only the beginning too.
There are going to be wholesale changes and some believe this is to make balance sheets look better for a sale.
And of course they still have the lingering Sage Steele lawsuit, which might have spared her from being cut.

Uh ohhh. When they did this a few years ago it was pretty bad. Now besides a few hosts, I dont even enjoy watching Sports Center. SVP is the best though during NFL season.

Van Gundy I liked, and Jalen was pretty good too. Will be interesting to hear who else gets chopped.

Damn will miss jalens line ups. His barber makes the crispiest lines.

I can't tell you the last time I watched ESPN other than a game. I got tired of all the shows that were a bunch of screaming their opinions and such. Looking at Stephen A Smith as the prime example.

I can't tell you the last time I watched ESPN other than a game. I got tired of all the shows that were a bunch of screaming their opinions and such. Looking at Stephen A Smith as the prime example.
For most shows I agree. Only one that I still enjoy is PTI, which I only rarely get to see because of work.

I cut the cord a couple months ago and surprisingly have not missed ESPN one bit.

I pretty much use ESPN+ for PGA Tour Live and thats about the extent of my ESPN usage. None of them will be missed.

Don’t like to see people losing jobs, but if it’s a choice between dropping presenters, or dropping sports (ESPN+ is fantastic for watching international sport), I’m going with the presenters I’m afraid.

If you've ever watched the show 30 Rock, there is a great reference to a made up show called "Sports Shouting" and it's just 4 guys in a quadbox yelling at the same time. That's all I can think of when I think of ESPN.

I’ll miss both Van Gundy and Rose. I hope this won’t affect ESPN+ programming.

I hope Disney doesn't off load ESPN. I really like having the bundle of Disney+ and ESPN+.

Seems likely though. Making cuts to payroll is usually the first sign of a sale.

Max Kellerman and Keyshawn Johnson gone as well.

Their morning radio show was not doing well. And I know in NY it was replaced by a local show

Sad to see Van Gundy go. I don't watch ESPN anymore, outside of live sports, but I can think of plenty others who should be going before him.

I watch the early golf telecasts on ESPN.......that is all

The got Pat McAfee though so there is that.

Really bored of aggressive opinion.
I could not disagree more!!! Have me on the pod and lets spend 25 minutes yelling at each other with ad hominem attacks, have 10 minutes of commercials, spend 5 minutes reading directly from a statistics aggregation service, and final 3 minutes making our point.

We dropped cable 6 or 7 years ago and I haven't watched ESPN since then. I used to listen to ESPN radio quite a bit, but since I quit commuting I have dropped that as well.

I’ve not legitimately watched ESPN for anything other than a football game or the occasional golf in years. Their stuff just got, really really bad.

Back